39

The Love of the Devil, Luhan
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It took an hour before Luhan could finally calm down. If not for Jihyun’s healing abilities, calming Luhan might take more than an hour. And when he did, she put the man into sleep so that Luhan could take more rest that he needs. While he’s asleep, her right hand was enveloped into Luhan’s big and warm familiar hands. He never let go and whenever Jihyun will try to pull it, his hold will strengthen. Defeated, she just let Luhan hold her hand as if she’ll be gone any moment. “Jihyun noona.”

“Ne?” Jihyun stood up—with her right hand still with Luhan—and bowed to the boy before her. The latter was taken aback by her formal greeting. He tilted his head slightly, wondering why. “Err…noona, thank you for calming Luhan hyung and I…we—“ He looked up and blushed slightly. “—we missed you Jihyun noona.” Jihyun smiled warmly at him, wanting to ruffle his hair to show affection but Luhan’s hold was stopping her from doing so. “It’s nothing…” She trailed off, waiting for the young man to tell her his name but the young man before her seems oblivious of it so she cleared and asked for his name. “May I ask, what’s your name?”

The young man became more confused by her question. He can’t understand how Jihyun can’t remember his name…him. Was it really that long? Is six months of not seeing each other really long enough for her not to remember him? But, she remember Luhan, as well as Sehun, how come that she can’t remember him? “I—I’m Kai, noona. Don’t you…don’t you remember me?”

She widened her eyes and tensed, before composing herself again. “I…I’m sorry Kai. It’s because…” Should she tell him the truth? That she lost her memories after the awakening? She mentally shook her head. No, that will be too weird to be an answer. That will be too obvious that she’s the Princess. “Actually, I…I lost my memories.”

*Then how come Jihyun noona remembers Sehun and Luhan hyung but not us?* Kai wondered and as if Jihyun read the question on his face, she quickly looked away. She knew that Kai was being suspicious of her but she didn’t know how to explain it to Kai without being caught. “I’m still in the middle of…gaining my memories so I…I really am sorry if I can’t remember you.” It wasn’t a lie, but it wasn’t the whole truth either. It was true that she’s still in the verge of remembering her memories through her dreams but that’s all she can say for now. She can’t tell him more than that because she knew if she did, she’ll be dead right there and then.

“Jihyun?” Both of them spun around upon hearing Baekhyun’s voice and the said guy widened his eyes upon confirming that Jihyun was really in their cabin. “What are you doing here?!” He sounded scared and a bit angry and Kai noticed it, making his eyebrow raise in question. “Why can’t noona be here, Baekhyun hyung? She’s still Luhan hyung’s girlfriend after all, right?”

“I know but—“

“Baekhyun, I’m fine.” She will be fine, that was what her smile told him but he shook his head. Why was she risking herself to be in here? She had to get ou

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter