45

The Love of the Devil, Luhan
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Thirteen days but it was only three hours in where Minseok is: Azrael’s territory.

Azrael glanced at the other angel, excusing himself from the soul he was talking to. “You’re still here? Don’t you plan on leaving?”

“I—You have to help me with Jihyun and Luhan!” He said, almost raising his voice. Azrael raised an eyebrow at him, unamused by the other angel. “I told you I can’t change the decision that was made so you better leave here. You’ve been here for too long.”

“Three hours isn’t that long! Please…” He pleaded. He was now down on his knees, begging for Azrael. “You weren’t here for just three hours. You’ve been here for thirteen days and it’s time for you to go back.”  Minseok froze in his position. He had forgotten the time difference between earth and this other dimension. The kids must’ve been worried now, a thing he doesn’t want them to do. It should only be the other way: Him, caring for the seven angels important to him.

“—and right now, all of you are in danger. Look.” He stood up from his seat and went towards the well. He touched the water and soon a picture of Jihyun was seen. A picture of Jihyun, telling him her goodbye. A picture of her and Luhan, leaving. A picture of the angels who are giving off a solemn expression.

A war.

“No…” He shook his head. This isn’t what was supposed to happen. Why…why did Jihyun sacrificed herself? It should’ve been him. That’s why he was here, right? To sacrifice himself to Azrael and so Jihyun can live up to her life happily. “The war is already coming and you have to come back. You have to come back to your senses and help your brothers. Help them to fight against the demons and be sure that you guys are safe.”

“That my son is safe…” The older angel muttered. He knew Chanyeol felt bad when they came back to Heaven from earth. His son felt bad because he wasn’t there to welcome his own son while all the other parents were visible, hugging each other. Chanyeol might’ve felt bad because for the years he has been living, he, the father, was never present since he was born, since he was given to him but still, Azrael cares so much for him. “Go back, and help them…”

Minseok was about to retort, complain and whine that he doesn’t want to but slowly, Azrael was fading and there were words he said but Minseok didn’t hear. He can only make out the words the upper angel was saying.

—will die. I’m sorry.

 

And that was when Minseok opened his eyes.

“NO!”

Everyone rushed onto his side upon hearing him shout. They were all swimming in a tensed atmosphere since they heard the decision Jihyun made, adding to that tension was Minseok, who was still unconscious until now. “Minseok”

“Hyung!”

Lay, went to grab the glass of water on his bedside and reached it out to Xiumin for him to take, which he gladly took. He was thirsty as if he had a long long run. He was sweating as if he exercised for hours. “Are you okay?” Kyungsoo asked but instead of answering the wide-eyed guy, he scanned the room to look for Jihyun. *No…no…*

For the first time, he broke down.

“Hyung, why—why are you crying?” Chen asked. “Jihyun…” He raised his head to look at all of them before compos

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter