Threats..

[►]Summer time, idols!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


 

Morning after

Luhan and Nicole went jogging together or at least that was her plan while Luhan thought about something else.. not long after he stopped and pulled her to sit " Let's stay here "

" Aww " she cried as her came in contact with the hard bench. No.... she thought and turned to the boy with a cheeky smile next to her " I woke up early to jogging.. "

" I didn't " he casually retorted. I should've expected it.. she rolled her eyes.

Luhan moved closer as he dropped his arm on her shoulder. Nicole leaned her head on him. She knew it was useless trying to convince him to jogging. Why not just enjoying their couple time with no cameras following them? If Luhan stopped caring about the cameras a long time ago, Nicole was still conscious so that was a prescious moment for her.

" This is one of the few times I don't have to share you with anyone " he grabbed her free hand and intertwined their fingers.

" Who do you think they'll send here? " she asked. She has been wondering about it ever since the announcement. Each couple, everything was slowly falling into place. A new arrival could change, ruin that.

" That girl " the one who named me " Ouch " he flinched as he just earned a hit on his leg.

" Ouch! " he whined as Nicole kept on hitting the same spot " It hurts.. "

" Served you right " she muttered. What's with that serious expression? A mischievous smile appeared on his face. He poked her cheek and chuckled.

" Is that jealousy? " he poked her cheek again. What a question.. she grumped.

" Why? What do you think would happen if she comes? " he couldn't describe how much he was enjoying it.

" Ouch! " he whined again. It was really starting to hurt. Nicole hit him using more strenght annoyed by him making fun of her.

" What do I think is going to happen? " she freed herself from his grip and faced him " You're going to act all shy and innocent as your usual " she rolled her eyes " pretending to be nice to a new arrival when you're already making your move and flirting with her " she showed him her fist and made a face. That's what's going to happen..

Luhan bursted out laughing as he watched her mimicking him. It was embarrassing yet it proved how much she learned to know of him " What are you saying? " he grabbed her by her shoulder and pulled her in his arms " That's what I had to do with you " he said trying to hold his laughter " No need to do that now, right? " he paused " You're all mine "

Nicole looked up and locked his eyes with hers " What a.. sweet talker " Luhan grinned and kissed her.

cCcCc

At home

Sohee found Kai watching TV by himself. She dropped herself next to him and smacked his arm " It's your fault " he turned to her with a questioning look making Sohee smile " Your interview.. " ahhh.. he smiled back.

" Do you really think that? "

" Eum.. " he nodded.

" What if.. "

" Noo " she interrupted him jumping on him to cover his lips. Oops.... they both gasped when they noticed how close they got. Too close.. he reached for her wrist and put it down and there were his lips smiling widely.

" What if.. "  I'm right and Minho hyung developped feelings for you.

" Don't " she used her whiny tone " ask me about that " she pressed her lips together and looked at him with begging eyes.

" Are you using aegyo with me? " he chuckled and found himself running his fingers through her hair tucking them behind her ear. She diverted her gaze and smiled shyly.

" Answer me "

" You're not letting go "

" I'm curious "

" You know that curiousity doesn't always lead to good things? "

" I know but I still want to hear an answer "

*silence*

For unknown reason Kai pretended an answer from her. Sohee could see the determination in his eyes. He indeed wasn't going to let her go.

" I don't think it's real " she broke the silence " But even if it was.. I only consider him as a good oppa " she smiled in victory because judging from Kai's expression.. he wasn't expecting for her to answer OR he wasn't expecting her to give that answer.

" Happy? " she asked giving him a challenging look.

" No " he shook his head and smirked. What? She raised a brow. Kai pinched her cheek " It took you too much to respond.. making your answer debatable "

cCcCc

Luhan and Nicole were walking back home when they saw a female figure standing at the door. Who.. they wondered giving each other a questioning look. Nicole fastened her pace leaving Luhan behind. Who could that be??

The girl probably heard her coming and turned. Ohhh.. She quickly folded into a bow " Hello, I'm Jei from Fiestar " she greeted Nicole who froze on the spot. Out of.. seriously, out of all the girls!!

Luhan bumped into his girlfriend's back and tilted his head to the side to hide his lips. As soon as he recognized the girl he would've wanted to laugh but he had to bit his bottom lip to restrain himself. This must be a joke..

" Hello " Nicole smiled greeting her back. Of course, as much as displeased she was, she wasn't going to be rude with her. She made her way towards the door and rang the bell which was opened by Minho. What.. his eyes widened. He looked at Jei before taking a glance at Nicole and Luhan behind her. This is funny.. a grin curved on his face as he locked eyes with a Luhan that could burst at any moment.

" Hello, I'm Jei from Fiestar " the girl bowed multiple times.

" Come in, come in " Minho greeted her back and showed her the way.

" Put your things there " Nicole said pointing at a seat " Let's have some breakfast first "

Luhan and Minho started laughing behind the girls' back. The situation was rather funny with Nicole trying to be nice despite all the thoughts running through her mind and the girl looking lost.

 

[Self-talk]

Luhan: " Did you see her expression? " referring to his girlfriend when she recognized Jei. A laugh escaped his lips and the interviewer shook her head at the hopeless Luhan.
Interviewer: " Don't play with fire.... " she eyed him knowingly. Be careful.. Luhan nodded but did he really get her warning?
Luhan: " But it's funny, right noona? " no, he didn't. The interviewer sighed.
Interiviewer: " Didn't you have enough yet? " she asked hitting his arm playfully.
Luhan: " I did.. " he nodded " I'll be more careful this time, don't worry " he nodded again.

Nicole: " I was shocked " and her expression confirmed it " I wondered.. is this a joke? Or something like that.. "
Interviewer: " You didn't kick her out though " the interviewer teased referring to Nicole's outburst when she watched Jei's interview. Nicole blushed embarrassed because that really came out unexpectedly.
Nicole: " Unniee.. " she said in a whiny tone. Don't remind me of that.. she covered her face.
Interviewer: " You're now showing it more.. " your feelings, your jealousy which you used to hold in making Luhan sad. Nicole nodded in agreement.
Nicole: " I.. I naturally get jealous.. " she fidgeted her fingers and looked down her lap " when I care about someone " Luhan. she smiled shyly " But I'm also someone who hides it because I'm afraid that the person would take advantage of it.. " and I could get hurt. The interviewer showed her an understanding smile.

Nicole was new to a relationship and she was also a pretty sensitive girl who lacked in confidence. It was normal for her to have such thoughts and insecurities. Fortunately, as time passed by and with Luhan's effort to prove her how important she was for him, she was starting to open up herself more.

Interviewer: " Hurting you is the last thing he wants " she said reading the younger's mind.
Nicole: " .. " she heaved out a deep sigh and nodded. I guess so.. she thought. Her expression suddenly changed into a snorty one " He's enjoying it " seeing my jealousy. She chuckled and so did the interviewer.
Interviewer: " It's your boyfriend.. you know him better than me how mischievous he is "

 

They were all having breakfast outside. The morning breeze was really refreshing that it cheered them all up despite the new arrival: Jei. The boys were subtly trying to make her feel comfortable while the girls who were trying to be nice couldn't hide the little annoyance they felt towards the girl. They couldn't help it because they viewed her as a threat for their friend's relationship. They felt some kind of protection towards Nicole, that's just how a friends would feel.

" We watched the interviews " Jiyoung spoke " We saw people naming those who are already in a relationship " Jei felt called out, of course, she turned red in an instant and kept her gaze on her mug.

" Jing " Minho had to intervene " Can you help me in the kitchen? " he motioned her to go with him.

" With what? "

" Just come " he grabbed her by her shoulders and pushed her towards the kitchen.


" Stop it.. " he muttered as soon as they were far from the others. Uh? She blinked her eyes innocently but Minho simply smirked " That angelic face doesn't work with me anymore " he knew Jiyoung for years and he has been tricked by her many times.

" I just don't want unnie to.. " fight with Luhan oppa again.. she mumbled looking down her feet. Minho couldn't resist that. How could he furtherly scold her when she was looking like a defenseless puppy. He cupped her face and made her look at him " They proved enough that they can overcome any obstacles "

cCcCc

The atmosphere got a little heavy. They focused on their breakfast as they exchanged glances and polite smiles with the guest. It must've been hard for Jei but it was also true that she asked for it. How could she name Luhan when she could simply say that there was no one. It was a problem for all those who did it but unfortunately or fortunately for her she was brought there and she had to face the consequences of her words.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter