Finally..

[►]Summer time, idols!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 


During their week off, the 3 episodes aired receiving positive response from the viewers. They liked seeing how the idols got genuinely sad after Jinyoung's departure, they liked seeing them working hard, they felt pity for them when they saw them reminiscing about their school days and the things they couldn't enjoy or completely missed. They liked seeing Dara back even just for a short time. It was nice to see how everyone warmly welcomed her.

As usual there were some bashing from fangirls but nothing that the female idols couldn't handle.

Everything seemed to be going very well if not for two things:

1. They had to move to another filming location because more and more fans were finding out about it. It wasn't safe anymore. The idols weren't pleased by that news because they got attached to that place but they understood the situation " As long as we're all together then it's fine "

2. During that week an Exo interview aired and Kai's words made it to the news gaining a lot of attention. It was an interview of a couple of weeks before when he got drunk, fought with Jiyoung and was scolded by his manager. He was asked about his feelings for the girl whether they were real or just for the show....

Of course, he wanted to say that they were real. Despite what was happening between them, he still felt the same for her. A different answer came out of his mouth when his eyes met his manager " My priority is Exo. We still have a long way to go, I'm working hard in order to improve myself and show a better side of me. Please look forward to it " a very idol-like response which he ended with a bow.

From that, fangirls took the chance to say that the show was fake just like 'We got married' where everything was scripted and Kai's feelings for Jiyoung weren't real but just for the show. Fans of the show defended the Kaijing couple saying that SM had control over what their idols had to say and what not on interviews.

Kai called Jiyoung to explain himself but she didn't pick up. He sent her messages but they were ignored as well. Maybe he should've told her about it beforehand but he forgot about it. He threw his phone on the floor in anger. Later, he reached for Nicole who told him that the girl was furious and refused to talk about it with anyone. Great, I can already imagine her fuming.. a deep sigh escaped his lips

 

[Self-talk]

Kai: " I can't believe it.. I must be really cursed " he scratched his head in annoyance " Every week there's something going wrong " seriously, if he wasn't part of the show, he'd think that it was scripted. How was it possible that there was always something happening that could cause fights, drama which would make the show way more interesting in the viewers' eyes..

Chorong: " As soon as I heard about it.. " she paused " I was afraid to come back " she laughed lightly. She could already hear screams at home, especially since it was Jiyoung they were talking about. There was no way she was going easy on Kai after that. Fights, fights, fights....
Interviewer: " You and Jinyoung are both very calm individuals.. there's no risk for such things to happen, right? " the girl curved a smile and nodded.
Chorong: " He's very calm and mature, maybe the most mature in the house. You can talk to him very easily.... it's, yeah, it's impossible for me to fight with him " like Nicole argued with Luhan or Jiyoung argued with Kai. That's.. too much.
Interviewer: " Are you.. dating? " she knew how sensitive the topic was for everyone but she had to ask that because it was something viewers wanted to know.
Chorong: " Everyone thinks that we're all going to date each other but.. it's not that easy " she smiled bitterly.

And there " Summer time, idols!" was proving again how real and genuine it was. In any other show they would've edited out such statements, especially after Kai's interview because that could burst the viewers' bubbles. They wanted for each pairing to date each other and admit it to the public like Luhan and Nicole but such a thing wasn't easy, it was actually impossible. 

Chorong: " When we're here.. we feel like we're in some kind of fantasy world where everything is rainbow and unicorns " we're far from what we usually do.. far from the tiring schedules, controlling and demanding companies, oversensitive and overprotective fans, pressure and stress. Of course, they were living their dream to be singers and had to face the consequences of it but it was nice to be far from the chaos in Seoul for a couple of days. The interviewer simply nodded but let Chorong finish what she had to say " Out of here, everything is different.. whenever we're going back to our own lives and careers reality hit us really hard.... " she heaved out a sigh. It wasn't as easy as viewers imagined. She told the truth but she also dodged the question " Are you dating? " in a very subtle way. 

 

Luhan and Nicole arrived at the new filming location together. He got off the van first and helped his girl holding her hand. They were welcomed by Kai who was expecting Jiyoung to be with them " Where is.. "

Luhan went to pick up Nicole at her place, Kara didn't live together anymore, he had no idea where Jiyoung was and he forgot to ask Nicole because he was too busy making up for the time they've been apart.

" Jongin.. I don't know if she's coming "

Perfect! How can we clear this if she refuses to show up!  He groaned but didn't leave his seat. He preferred waiting for her outside because something was telling him that she was coming. Even if it was just to yell at him or slap him, she was going to come.

 

Kai was right. After an hour another van arrived and since everyone was inside already, that must've been the girl he had to explain himself to. He approached the van and opened the door to see if Jiyoung was really there and she was. She got off and without looking at him made her way to the house.

" Listen to me " he grabbed her arm to stop her from walking but she jerked him off and sent him a glare that made him shiver " Don't talk to me! "

" Let me explain! " he overtook her to block her way but she strongly pushed him aside " I don't need your explanation! "

" Jiyoung, please! "

They were now inside and the others just blinked their eyes without saying a word. They all saw it coming and they knew they couldn't do anything about it. The two needed to talk and solve this by themselves.

Jiyoung looked for the room she was assigned to and locked herself in leaving Kai begging her to listen to him outside. Idiot.. she muttered and dropped her things on her new bed. She then threw herself on it and gave out a deep sigh.

 

[Self-talk]

Jiyoung: " I thought about leaving " she said lowly. She was keeping her head low as well hiding her puffy eyes. She was biting her lips trying to hold her tears " I'm here because.. " I don't know myself. Tears fell down her cheeks.
Interviewer: " You should let him explain, Jing " she handed her a tissue.
Jiyoung: " No, no " she shook her head " I don't care anymore, I'm done " she sobbed. This isn't what I wanted.. she wasn't ready for a relationship because she wanted to avoid this. Getting hurt, crying.. she was supposed to worry and take care of other things but she was now there being a mess because of him.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter