Candidates pt.1

[►]Summer time, idols!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

" Can we talk? " he closed the door behind after the cameras walked in with him. She has been hiding in her room for a couple of hours already with the excuse that she had to tidy up her room when the truth was that she was avoiding the other girls.

She wasn't in the mood. She wasn't even in the mood to talk with Luhan but she was tired to say him no and push him away after he begged her so many times already.

" Fine " she gave out a sigh in defeat " Let's talk so that we can put an end to this "

" Why are you always talking about ending it? " he asked deeply hurt by her always carelessly suggesting a break up when that was the last thing he wanted. He was there to talk to her, to apologize (again) and try to fix everything between them.

 " It seems that you've already made your decision " he sat on the edge of her bed. He was keeping his head low like someone who knew he was in the wrong and was extremely guilty for it. Arms on his thighs, hands on his head.

" Really. " she said flatly.

" Yes. " his tone changed. He looked up to her a little annoyed by her flat tone and by the way she was there standing in front of him with her arms crossed on her chest. She looked like she couldn't care any less about their relationship, she was just waiting for him to get over it.

He straightly looked into her eyes and shook his head " If I didn't know better I'd say that you've been looking for a reason to put an end to this " From day 1.... you've been nitpicking my words and my actions trying to find faults in me and in this relationship.. he paused and a deep sigh escaped his lips.

" Because I'm scared "

" Of what? " his eyes widened.

Scared of this new experience; scared of taking things fast; scared of not knowing each other well; scared of not being enough, not good enough, not pretty enough; scared of you having regrets; scared of you leaving....

" I went against my manager.. " his voice being forced to come out and he pointed at his thumb " I went against my company " he pointed at his index " I went against my fans " he pointed at his middle finger " for you.. " he reached for her hand and squeezed it tightly.

" I went against everything and everyone only to prove that you're the one I want and that this is not a simple infatuation. My feelings for you are real and strong, Nicole " She could feel her heart crushing into pieces as his trembling voice rang through her ears.

No one could imagine what Luhan was going through to be in that relationship, to be with her.

His manager told him that he wasn't ready to date and that it was better to break up because that was affecting him and his performances; his company warned him to be careful not to ruin his image and bring Exo down with him; his fans (some of them) turned their back to him as they felt betrayed by him dating.

He acknowledged all the risks and consequences and for once he decided to act selfishly, to follow his heart and be happy with the girl he wanted but that didn't seem enough for her to feel reassured yet " I don't know what to do anymore "

Maybe Nicole knew it. Maybe she could imagine what he was going through and that could be one of the many reasons she thought about putting an end to their relationship. She cared but her insecurities caused fractures between them and these fractures reflected on their daily lives. If she was affected emotionally, he was affected both emotionally and physically. He couldn't give his best during his schedules and that was a huge problem for a rising group which was EXO.

Breaking up could mean that she could get rid of her insecurities and he could go back working at his best condition. That's what she explained him that day after the concert finished but Luhan strongly opposed to it. 

*silence*

" If you want me to stop talking to her (Chorong) to reassure you.. okay, I'll do it " he said it almost whispering. He felt so helpless.

Nicole was caught off-guard by such a suggestion and her next reaction to that would've been laughing if she didn't quickly recomposed herself. She narrowed her eyes analizing his face. Are you being serious? His expression said it. He was being serious.

" So that's how you think we can solve things? " me not talking to anyone else but you and you doing the same?

She went to sit next to him and sighed. Even though she was always the one talking about 'break up', it wasn't easy for her either because she had real and strong feelings for him too. The situation was just as hard for her.

He slid his arms around her waist and pulled her closer. He gave her a nod. Yes, I think that could solve things. A chuckle escaped her lips.

" A world consisting of the two of us alone " he nodded again.

" You know how ridiculous and dumb that sounds, right? " It sounded ridicolous and dumb for sure but she found it so cute and sweet of him. Another chuckle came out and she titled her head to find his cheek an inch from her lips. She gave him a peck on it and the second after she found his lips pressed on hers.

" I know but I'd be fine with that " he said when their lips parted. I'd be fine with the two of us only.

He slowly lay down her bed dragging her with him. How many things he would've wanted to do with her in that moment. Perfect place, perfect moment but Nicole glanced to the side where there was the cameraman still filming them.

Luhan lifted his head and looked at the cameraman " Can't.. can't you leave me with my girl here? " He pointed at the door " And please close the door as you leave "

But unfortunately for them the cameraman didn't budge.

Luhan gave out a defeated sigh with his plan going down the drain. He lay back down with her who was smiling at him mischievously " Your girl? " she poked his side making him flinch as he felt thicklish. He reached for her wrist to keep her from poking him again and pulled her to lay on him with her head on his chest.

" Yes, mine " he said as he caressed her head.

 

[Self-talk]

Nicole: " I guess.... That's us " she chuckled and covered her face with her hands. Why was she so embarrassing? Why were they so embarrassing? " We always seem on the verge of breaking up but.. " she laughed again. Even if she was really sad and cried a lot at that time, everything just seemed childish and funny now " we eventually make up "
Interviewer: " So you won't be talking to anyone else but to each other? " the interviewer asked with a wide smile on her face. Why were they so childishly cute? Even more childish than the Kaijing couple. Nicole bursted out laughing because she was really embarrassed.
Nicole: " .. " she had to breath in and out to compose herself but a wide smile was stamped on her face. She shook her head " Maybe we'll end up fighting again but we decided to keep on talking to the rest of the world " she bursted out laughing again.

The interviewer was happy for them but she still had to ask her certain questions. She eyed the idol telling her that she was sorry but she had to and Nicole nodded. I understand.
Interviewer: " Did you talk to Chorong? "
Nicole: " At first I didn't.. " I didn't reply to her messages and I pretty much avoided her at the concert " But earlier we talked "

Captions: so much talking today ^.^"

Interviewer: " Is it awkward? Do you think that she could possibly.. " still have feelings for Luhan? She didn't need to finish it for the idol to get the rest. 
Nicole: " .. " she counted up to ten to think carefully about how to word her thoughts " She apologized to me for what happened and she reassured me that she doesn't look at him that way anymore "

*silence*

Nicole: " I felt sorry.. " eh? The interviewer knotted her brows. For who? " For her, seeing her being bashed like that.. she didn't deserve it " she turned to look at the cameras as if she was directly talking to the viewers " Please don't do that again " don't bash her because of me and Luhan. She knew how that felt and it didn't feel good. She bowed her head and reassured everyone with a smile.
Interviewer: " So you're all good? " you didn't answer if it's awkward or not. Nicole nodded.
Nicole: " Yes, we're all good " 

Caption: solid "Summer time, idols" family :)

Luhan: " I told you " I was going to prove everyone wrong " We'll never break up " he nodded proudly. Never. The interviewer smiled.
Interviewer: " It's amazing how much you're investing in this relationship, really " she was really amazed. Luhan went against everyone, his career was strongly affected by that and despite her always asking her to end it, he refused. He was investing his time, his energy, his feelings....
Luhan: " Because it's worth it " he shrugged not really thinking that his time, his ene

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter