Chapter 2

Crazily Living Under The Same Roof

 

“Wait, I’ll call hyung.” Seungri went back inside.

 

Gaeul and the man (ahjusshi) waited outside the door. Then they finally heard footsteps coming near.

                    

“What!” a guy skinnier than Seungri, and having a porcelain white skin went out, he nonchalantly yawned.

 

“Well, someone says she needs a place so stay and Lee Ahjusshi asked if we could give him the third room.” Seungri explained.

 

“Look, Jiyong, it’s not really that bad, she won’t be a nuisance, right?” Lee Ahjusshi looked at Gaeul to confirm agreement, she nodded.

 

“Yeah, I won’t disturb you, I just need a place to stay.” Gaeul smiled.

 

Seungri smiled secretly.

 

“No, she can’t stay.” Jiyong rolled his eyes.

 

“But-“ Lee Ahjusshi sighed. “She has nowhere to go, look at her, she seemed tired.”

 

“You’re just pretending that you pity that girl when you’re thinking how you would gain additional money with making her stay. There’s no available room anymore so you better leave.” Jiyong started walking back inside.

 

“Please let me stay, I’ll do anything! I can’t find any more place I’m too tired!” Gaeul shouted. Surely, she was very exhausted finding an apartment. She didn’t know lots of places in Seoul for she lived in Gwangju for almost all her life.

 

Jiyong turned and raised his eyebrow, “Really?” he smirked.

 

“Yeah, I can clean, I also know how to cook!” Gaeul smiled widely.

 

“Is that all?” Jiyong eyed her languidly.

 

“No! No, of course, I can do lots of stuffs. Please let me stay, I don’t think I can still find a place, I’m so exhausted!” Gaeul frowned.

 

“Well, we’ll let you, but there’s some rules you should follow, and if you break any of it, you have to automatically leave.” Jiyong turned his back and walked inside.

 

“Thank you!” Gaeul jumped in joy. She was smiling widely. Finally after a wearing day she was able to find a place.

 

“I think that’s settled. I’ll go down now, if they do something inappropriate to you just call me.” Lee Ahjusshi went back down.

 

Seungri was standing, staring at Gaeul. “Are you sure it’s fine living with us? I mean, we’re boys and you’re a girl?”

 

Gaeul smiled at him. “Why? I use to live in one house with my cousins in Gwangju, and most of them are boys, is there something wrong with that?”

 

“Okay, you’re weird, come in, I’ll show you your room.” Is she innocent or just dumb? Seungri scratched the back of his head.

 

Gaeul picked her luggage, then followed Seungri inside. She gaped in awe at the apartment, it wasn’t that big, yes, but it was pretty elegant in a way that it was clean, and the furniture were simple yet classy. Gaeul thought if it were really boys who were living inside.

 

The floor was wooden. In the living room, there were two black sofas opposite to each other, and there was a small couch and a big, thick circle pillow on the floor that could be used as a seat. There was a bookshelf near the door. At the middle glassed table, there were headphones, an ipod, and some papers.

 

“Jiyong hyung will get mad at you if you touched his things.” Seungri warned Gaeul, who was staring at the papers.

 

“Sorry.” Gaeul lightly bowed.

 

She walked to the kitchen, there were three stair steps going down to it from the living room. The dining table has four chairs. It was a glassed one. Everything seemed to be perfectly clean.

 

“Wow, your apartment’s clean.” Gaeul said.

 

“We hired someone to clean every weekends.” Seungri walked towards her and grabbed her bags, “I’ll just put this in the room, after that I’m going back to sleep.”

 

Gaeul nodded. Seungri looked like he was not himself. Gaeul thought maybe he was still sleepy. Her eyes followed Seungri as he head back to his room. The door of his room was beside the other one, which made her speculate that it was Jiyong’s. Their doors were on the left side of the living room, while hers seemed to be at the opposite corner, right before the kitchen.

 

She went to her room. It was empty, only a bed was there. Gaeul thought she has to buy a new bed sheet for it seemed like what was there was dirty, she has to buy pillows as well, and she needed at least a desk and chair. There was a cabinet on the wall, she opened it, good thing it wasn’t dirty, but she thought of still cleaning it. There was a window, she looked to it, and the view was the backyard of the apartment building.

 

Gaeul was an optimist, enthusiastic and very soft hearted person. Her voice was soft and sweet. She was small, maybe about 5 feet and 3 inches tall. Her hair was brown. Gaeul has a brother who was studying in Japan, her brother had gained a scholarship there.

 

She looked at her wristwatch and realized it was 9 in the morning already. She started with cleaning off the closet first before putting her things. Then she will go to a shopping mall at noon to buy some necessary things and furniture she’ll be needing. She was so glad then, that she was able to find a place to stay while she would be studying in Seoul.

 

**

 

Gaeul was done cleaning and fixing her stuffs and clothes in the closet, and also cleaning her room when she the door of her room opened.

 

“Hello!” It was Seungri. Gaeul dropped whatever it was she was holding, surprised by his sudden greeting.

 

“Oh, hi..” Gaeul found it strange that earlier Seungri was so dull and now a wide smile was formed on his face.

 

“Sorry if I surprised you, and sorry earlier, I was really sleepy that time and I don’t have energy. It seemed that you have fixed your things, sorry for the mess in this room, it’s just wasn’t used, you know. Do you need any help? And, what is your name?”

 

Gaeul smiled and stood, brushing the dirt in her pants with her hands. “I’m Park Gaeul.”

 

“Oh, I’m Lee Seungri!” Seungri offered his hand for a handshake but Gaeul shook her head.

 

“My hands are still dirty since I just cleaned.” She explained

 

Seungri slowly nodded. “Ohh, okay, are you hungry? Come on, let’s eat first, there’s food in the kitchen.”

 

Gaeul smiled. “Okay then, thank you Mr. Lee Seungri!”

 

“What? Why so formal? Just call me Seungri oppa!” Seungri smirked.

 

“Oh, okay then.” Gaeul nodded. She followed Seungri as he went outside her room, but she accidentally stepped on a paper, that which made her slip.

 

“Oh Gaeul, are you okay?” Seungri speedily went back and bent down to her to see if she was fine, Gaeul was rubbing her back, smiling faintly.

 

“I’m okay,” she lightly chuckled. “I didn’t saw that one coming.”

 

“You’re a clumsy one, aren’t you?” Seungri laughed. “I’ll help you fix your things later after we eat okay!”

 

“What’s going on here? I think I heard something?” Jiyong walked to them. He looked at Seungri then at Gaeul.

 

“It’s nothing, she just slipped on the floor, but she’s fine.” Seungri assured.

 

Jiyong scoffed. “It’s your first day here and you’re a disaster? Don’t you dare damage anything here.” He walked away.

 

Gaeul glowered. Seungri assisted her to stand.

 

“Don’t worry about hyung, he’s just really moody these days but he’s kind.” Seungri patted Gaeul’s head.

 

--

 

Okay, so sorry for a little dull chapter but I have to you know, make a descriptive chapter as a starter, don’t worry, the real thing starts on the next one!! :DD Thank you for all who attempted to read this, and for all who have subscribed and commented!! I love you guys!!! ^^