Chapter 13

Crazily Living Under The Same Roof

 

“I think the food’s too many already!” Gaeul and Jiyong were in the grocery. Jiyong was pushing the cart while he told Gaeul what to pick.

 

“We need foods that will last for a month.” Jiyong said. “And besides, it’s just my second time in the grocery.”

 

Gaeul looked at him, confused as they walk slowly. “It’s your second time?”

 

“Yeah, just my second time, the first one was with—“ He suddenly stopped. “With someone”

 

“Oh, I see.” Gaeul nodded. “Oh, chocolates, I’ll get some.” She walked quickly to the sweets section and grabbed lots of chocolates. “It’s been a while since I last ate a chocolate.” She smiled at Jiyong. “Let’s go!”

 

“Gaeul,” Jiyong said as they were walking in the grocery. “Have you had a boyfriend?”

 

“Oh, no.” Gaeul shook her head. “I haven’t had one.”

 

“First love?” Jiyong continued.

 

“Yeah, I had.” Gaeul responded. They kept walking, like as if they’re just on the park and not inside a grocery store.

 

“Can you tell me about it?” Jiyong looked at her.

 

“Well, he’s a humorous type of person. His smile gives warmth to everyone. I first had a crush on him when I was in middle school. He’s so calm looking, and he has a soothing voice.” Gaeul smiled. Thinking about her first love really made her happy than sad.

 

“So, did he know about it?” Jiyong’s brows furrowed, his eyes still focused on Gaeul, not minding the way.

 

“Well, he didn’t. We’re friends, I don’t want to destroy our friendship.” Gaeul sighed. “But it’s better. Actually, I didn’t regret not telling it to him. I guess, we’re really meant to be friends. Right now, he’s in Seoul too, as far as I know. But I’m not sure where.”

 

“I see, but do you still like him?”

 

“I like him still,” Gaeul glanced at Jiyong. “As a friend. That’s what I feel about him right now.”

 

“That’s funny.” Jiyong chuckled. “You seem like you’re not taking love seriously huh?”

 

“I’m not sure, but it’s something that I don’t want to take too seriously, I wanted it to be something in the middle.” Gaeul said.

 

“Something in the middle?”

 

“Yeah, like, serious but fun! If you take it too seriously, you’ll get hurt, or you’ll hurt the person you like. If you take it too much fun, it will let loose, it will be freed unintentionally instead.” Gaeul explained. “Oh, wait, we’ll need carrots.”

 

“Something in the middle..” Jiyong muttered, his minds clouded with thoughts.

 

**

 

“You didn’t tell me you’ll go buy food! I wanted to come too!” Seungri whined when he saw them arrived in the apartment at night.

“You said you have classes, and you have to go somewhere with your friends, so why would we invite you?” Jiyong scolded him. He settled the plastic bags in the kitchen.

 

“I’ll just be the one to fix them!” Gaeul said. She wore off her boots and changed to her slippers.

 

“Gaeul, your slippers are torn.” Seungri said, eyeing her feet.

 

“Uh, yeah, I forgot to buy earlier.” She chuckled. “I’ll just buy next time.”

 

“You look tired.” Seungri trailed his eyes at Gaeul, he was sitting on the couch. “I’ll just be the one to fix the groceries, you better sleep.”

 

“No, it’s fine.” Gaeul said.

 

“No, you better sleep.” Seungri stood and pushed her in her room. “Sweet dreams!” He closed the door. He heard Gaeul whining inside but he held on the door knob. “Don’t worry, I’ll take care of the groceries!” He locked the door.

 

“What are you doing?” Jiyong stared at Seungri, raising his eyebrow and crossing his arms.

 

“She needs to sleep, her eye bags are like mine already.” Seungri laughed. He headed to the kitchen.

 

Jiyong followed him. “You better wake up early tomorrow and unlock her room’s door or she’ll be late for school.”

 

“Yeah, I’ll do that.” Seungri started rummaging his hands on the plastic bags.

 

“You like her, don’t you?” Jiyong blurted out. Seungri stopped for a while.

 

He faked a laugh. “What? No, I don’t!”

 

“It’s obvious Ri, you like her.” Jiyong leaned on the wall, still having his arms crossed.

 

“I don’t---“ Seungri stuttered. “I mean, okay, yeah. But I don’t know, this might just take for a while.”

 

“She’s kind, and too caring. She rarely gets mad. But maybe if she will it will scare us in bits.” Jiyong stared blankly. “She’s so simple, and it’s easy to make her laugh.”

 

“She’s outgoing too, and her smile is--- wait, why are we talking bout her like this?” Seungri snapped himself back.

 

Jiyong chuckled. “I guess it’s wrong we let her live here.”

 

“Well, you started to smile when she did.” Seungri said. “Do you like her?”

 

“I don’t know..” Jiyong closed his eyes. “It’s hard to say that now.”

 

“Because you’re still not over her.” Seungri smirked. “Well, just let me make a move on Gaeul alone.”

 

Jiyong looked at him, astounded at what he heard. “It’s not like I’m going to make a move on her!”

 

“You’re accidentally making a move on her hyung!” Seungri yelled.

 

“Yah! Why are you shouting at me?” Jiyong jokingly glared at him.

 

“No, I just wanted to make my voice louder.” Seungri laughed. “But she’s unpredictable, she might not even be interested in any of us.”

 

“Well, she’s numb, or she’s too oblivious of what’s happening. Or maybe, she really just don’t care.” Jiyong laughed as well.

 

**

 

“Yeah, Appa, I heard you, I’ll be fine, I know winter’s coming, I have some coat with me. Are you okay there?------just tell me..” Gaeul was lying on her stomach on the bed, talking to her father on her phone, and writing irrelevant things on her notebook.

 

“Will Oppa go home? Why isn’t he calling recently?”

 

“He’s still busy with his school works, don’t worry, he’ll call you when he’s free. Don’t miss your meals okay? Don’t date yet or I’ll kill you!”

 

“Appa, I won’t date!” Gaeul chuckled. “But if I will, I’ll keep it a secret from you.”

 

“Gaeul! I’ll send you back home if I find out!”

 

“Okay, okay I’m kidding! Okay------bye!” She hung up, smiling at their conversation, she kept on writing random stuffs on the notebook until..

 

“Omo! Why am I writing his name?” Gaul regained herself. She was writing someone’s name several times on the notebook. “Why am I feeling weird…” Gaeul sat on the bed, she hugged her pillow, puffing her cheeks, she thought hard.

**

 

 The next morning.

 

“I thought you won’t open up!” Gaeul pouted, she looked at Seungri with puppy eyes.

 

Seungri chuckled. “I’m sorry, but I’m on time!”

 

“No, you’re five minutes late, please don’t lock me again.” Gaeul went out of the room and headed for the bathroom to take a bath.

 

“Gaeul, what food do you like to eat for breakfast?” Seungri yelled since she was inside the bathroom already.

 

“Anything! Are you going to cook?”

 

“I’ll try!” Seungri laughed as he headed to the kitchen. “I think I’ve gone crazy, how did this happen?” he muttered to himself.

 

**

 

“Thanks for the food!” Gaeul told Seungri as she was preparing her things. “I’ll go now!”

 

“Wait,” Seungri called. “Do you want me to you know, I mean, I can drive you to your school.”

 

“Mwo?” Gaeul was surprised. “No! I’m fine! What’s with you?” Gaeul laughed. She looked at him strangely. “I can take a bus, that’s what I always do.”

 

“But it’s not always safe to take a bus!” Seungri almost yelled at her. “What if there are creepy erts lurking inside the bus? Or what if psychos would take you, abduct you?”

 

Gaeul stared at him confusedly. “Oppa, you’re being too paranoid. Are you okay?” She chuckled and opened the door. “I’ll leave now. Have a nice day!”

 

“Aissh, what are you doing?” Seungri ruffled his hair, embarrassed of what he was saying.

 

**

 

Updated!^.^ So.. whose name did she wrote on her notebook?? Kekekkee..xD

 

@milotic350 ahaha, yeah, her parents believed her immediately..xD lol..Thanks for reading!

@cezheartsyou thank you! keke.. Thanks for taking time to read!

@decembermouse Thanks! ^.^ :D Thanks for reading too!

@pinkypn haha, well.. we’ll see who’ll she’ll end up with, if she’ll end up wit either of them..keke.. yeah!! Haha.. her parents easily believed her!! Thanks for reading!

@sweetestrebel umm, it’s too early for me to say.. hahaha..xD we don’t know.. it could be him, or it could be Seungri.. or it could be none..LOL..xD thanks for reading!

@panda_jana haha yesh, GD must be making a move there..lol.. we’ll see ahaha..xD Thanks for reading!

 

-Thanks for everyone who reads this! For the subscribers, thanks! Specially for those who leaves their comments, thanks for always motivating me to continue this! You don’t know how much your feedbacks mean to me! They help a lot, so please drop it everytime you read! Thank you!!!!