Chapter 8

Crazily Living Under The Same Roof

 

 

It’s been three months since Gaeul was living in the apartment with Jiyong and Seungri. Seungri has always been friendly at her, they even go outside together when they both have free time, they’ll go to arcades, or anywhere that Gaeul hasn’t come yet. Seungri has been like a brother to her.

 

Jiyong, on the other hand, was neither cold or nice to her. He has been talking to her when needed, but usually, he would just ignore her especially when he got home. Gaeul sometimes didn’t notice it when Jiyong was angry or not in a good mood, she would still smile at him. She even would bring him coffee and cook for him though he seemed so snob at her.

 

Gaeul’s brother was not able to come back from Japan since he shifted his decision to just staying there and continue his studying, but he told Gaeul he will be back sooner for a vacation. Her parents wanted to visit her in Seoul but she insisted they stay there and she’ll just be the one to visit them in Gwangju. She gained a lot more friends in her University: Soyeon, Doojoon and Yoseob. They were so welcoming and Yoseob was so funny.

 

“Gaeul, where are you going? It’s Sunday!” Seungri was sitting on the couch in the living room, playing some random video games when he saw Gaeul all dressed up with a bag.

 

“Oh, I’m just going to meet my friends in a café.” Gaeul smiled before changing to her boots near the door.

 

“Oh, I see. Take care then!” Seungri waved his hand as Gaeul went outside and left.

 

**

 

“I’d rather not, you know there are lots of other books out there better to read than this one.” Soyeon and Gaeul was in the bookstore, waiting for Yoseob and Doojoon to come before they set off to the café.

 

“I’d rather read classics.” Gaeul agreed.

 

“Well, but modern ones are good as well, it depends. I love reading Michael Scott’s the Alchemyst, it’s so full of twist.” Soyeon grabbed a Jane Austen book and checked on it.

 

“Oh, that book is about finding immortality right? That sounds interesting.” Gaeul said.

 

“Sorry we’re late! Yoseob has stopped in an ice cream stand and he can’t help but eat even in a rainy day.” Doojoon just arrived, panting.

 

“So where is Yoseob?” Soyeon asked.

 

“He’s coming, he’s just too slow!” Doojoon said.

 

**

 

 Gaeul got home at around eight in the evening. She stopped on the living room and saw a paper, she was about to read it but on a very unfortunate incident, she accidentally hit the cup of coffee, spilling it throughout the paper. “Omo, omo..” she swiftly picked the paper, putting it out of reach from the wet part of the table. She was about to clean it when Jiyong went out from his room.

 

His eyes widened at what he saw. The paper was his; it was the lyrics he was writing for the whole day. “What have you done?” His voice was clam but Gaeul could feel his rage in it.

 

“I’m sorry it’s an acci-“ Gaeul was wiping off the table.

 

“Accident? Are you really dumb?! It’s not yours, and you still took time to touch it!” Jiyong was now shouting. Gaeul got so scared that she just looked down, her hands were trembling.

 

Jiyong speedily moved to the table and snapped the stained paper. “I’m so sick of you being here! Just leave, now!”

 

“I’m sorry, I’m really sorry-“ Gaeul’s voice was cracked.

 

“It’s raining hard outside I-” The tension inside the apartment was so intense that they didn’t notice Seungri has entered.

 

“I don’t know what kind of girl you are, do you know how ignorant you look!? You should just go back to Gwangju, stop trying to adjust here ‘cause it will never happen!”

 

“Hyung, what are you saying? Don’t-“ Seungri was trying to calm Jiyong.

 

Gaeul suddenly stood and quickly went to her room and locked the door.

 

“What’s with you?” Seungri tried to figure out what happened, then he saw the paper Jiyong was holding.

 

“Hyung, you know you should have just-“

 

“Stop, you always try to take her side, we both know she shouldn’t even been here at the first place!” Jiyong yelled. Not minding if Gaeul would hear him.

 

“That’s just a paper! And you probably could remember the lyrics! Hyung, you’re always just thinking of yourself! I know you’ve been hurt but it shouldn’t mean you have to hurt others as well!” Seungri said, trying to lower his tone.

 

“You have no right to talk to me like that.” Jiyong glared at him, he entered his room, slamming the door shut.

 

**

 

It was 10 in the evening, Seungri knocked on Gaeul’s room several times but she didn’t respond. He sat on the living room, waiting for her to go out but he fell asleep.

 

He woke up thirty minutes after, he tried to knock on Gaeul’s room once again, but he realized soon that it wasn’t locked, he opened the door gently. “Gaeul, are you okay?” But she was not there anymore. Seungri entered her room, he saw her desk, it was empty, it wasn’t supposed to be empty ‘cause it’s always filled with school works. He opened her closet and there were no clothes anymore. “No, she can’t be..” Seungri quickly went out of the room.

 

Jiyong went out of his room as well. “Where are you going?” He looked at Seungri who was wearing his coat.

 

“She left. Happy now? It’s raining heavy outside, where do you think she could go? She’s not familiar in this place.” Seungri glowered at Jiyong before he went out.

 

**

 

Gaeul was sitting on the bench on a bus stop. It was raining hard, she tried to suppress her sobs. She didn’t know where to go but it doesn’t matter now. All the words Jiyong has told her were hurtful. But she knew she was at fault.

 

The bus arrived; She brought her luggage with her and entered inside before she could get soaked by the rain.

 

**

 

Updated! Sorry, I hope this is fine to you, I’ve been having writer’s block with this fic, but I’m trying my best to find inspiration. Thank you for all of you who supports this! I’ll be able to update faster than usual since my two other fics are completed!^^

 

@yenisvip12 yes, he’s not snob last chapter.. hahaha..xD well, here is different.. Thanks for reading!

@ohmyyoungbae um, I can’t say anything about that..hehehe..xD I don’t wanna spoil things..^^ Thanks for reading!

@milotic350 haha, yeah..well in this chap he wasn’t a good one.LOL.. thanks for reading!

@pinkypn ahha, yes, that’s so strange for her..LOL.. Thanks for reading!

 

-Thank you everyone who reads this fic! Thank you for all those who subscribed, and thanks for those who drops their feedbacks! It’s really helpful! Thank you!