Chapter 7

Crazily Living Under The Same Roof

 

Hundreds of times a day, I think I should have known you ..

 

**

 

“School starts now? Have you received the money I sent you?”

 

“Yeah Appa, thank you! I’m going to find work here so it won’t be harder for you and Omma.”

 

“Don’t do that! It’ll be harder for you to study if you work at the same time!”

 

“Okay, but-“

 

“Don’t worry about me and your mother here! We’re fine, and it’s good to have a kind and intelligent daughter like you! Study hard! And take care, Gaeul, I have to hang go, I need to check the vineyard. Bye for now.”

 

“Aigoo, Appa’s really working hard.” Gaeul heaved a sigh. She missed her parents, even her cousins, but she has to go to Seoul, she has to study and become successful.

 

“You can do this Gaeul, fighting!” She fixed her things, shoving them one by one in her bag before going out of her room.

 

“Good morning!” Seungri flushed a smile at her as soon as she went out.

 

“Good morning.” Gaeul responded. She headed to the door and switched her footwear from slippers to rubber shoes.

 

“Good luck to your first day! Stay away from boys, most of them are probably maniacs!” Seungri gazed at Gaeul before turning back to the television watching Tom and Jerry.

 

“But I don’t think students in Seoul National University are like that, they must even be studious that they won’t have time for romance.” Gaeul pouted before opening the door, waving at Seungri and leaving.

 

**

 

Gaeul entered her room finally, after searching for it for eons. She sat on an empty chair. There were many students inside already. She looked at her registration form, seeing that time that her subject was World Literature.

 

“Hi! Can is it here?” A girl with round eyes, porcelain skin and brown hair that was fixed in a bun asked her, she was pointing at the chair beside Gaeul. Gaeul nodded and smiled. “Are you new here?”

 

“Yeah. You?” Gaeul stared at her, she was really stunningly beautiful.

 

“No, I studied High school here too. By the way, I’m Park Soyeon.” She reached for Gaeul’s hand and shook it immediately.

 

“I’m Park Gaeul.”

 

“Wow, I like your name, Gaeul, Autumn.” Soyeon giggled. A professor entered the room and everyone settled in their seats.

 

“Good day everyone!” He was a stout man, probably in his thirties, unfortunately his hair was going bald. “I’ll be your professor, for World Literature. Are there any of you here who aren’t fluent in English?”

 

 

**

 

Gaeul got home early since her schedule was only until noontime. “Oh, I guess I should do the laundry.”

 

**

 

“Jiyong, son just go back here, why must you go leave somewhere else when you can live in our house?” Jiyong’s mom was following him and watching him intensely. He was rummaging his hands through his stuffs inside his room on their family house, as if looking for something.

 

When he found what he was looking for he immediately went out of the room not even bothering to look at his mother.

 

“IS it because of her again?” His mother spoke, Jiyong suddenly stopped walking. “Don’t trash your life just because she left you.”

 

Jiyong just shrugged it off and walked again, leaving the house.

 

**

 

Jiyong went back to the apartment at around 2 in the afternoon. He walked fast to his room and settled his bag. He noticed something was different. He realized his dirty clothes were gone.

 

He went out of the room, and at the right time he heard someone singing.

 

“Goodbye baby Goobye..”

 

He went to the terrace door, opened it, and he saw Gaeul doing the laundry. “What are you doing?”

 

“Oh, you’re here! I got nothing to do yet so I thought of the clothes.” Gaeul smiled at him. Some bubbles and soap has somehow landed her face. She was shoving some clothes on the washing machine.

 

“Who told you to include even my clothes?” Jiyong was about pick his clothes when his eyes widened, even his underwear, even those were there. He looked back at Gaeul with sharp piercing eyes. “Did I give you permission to even do this? And you entered my room? What exactly are you trying to do!”

 

Gaeul averted his eyes, she got scared at him. “Sorry, I was just-“

 

“Give me that.” Jiyong was about to snap his boxers that Gaeul was holding but Gaeul held it firmly.

 

“Don’t! I’ll put this on the dryer already!” Gaeul shouted.

 

“I don’t care I hired someone to take care of the laundry!” Jiyong pulled the boxers with his hand, but Gaeul was pulling it back to her direction as well.

 

“Please it’s already washed!!” They were fighting over it until Gaeul lost balance and slipped on the cold ground, her hand hit some of the clothes she has already draped, stumbling on the pail of water with soap, causing it to spill everywhere including Jiyong, making them both wet.

 

Gaeul whimpered as she rubbed her back, sitting on wet cement, her eyes slowly looked at Jiyong. She was terrified that he must be angry right now, no, he’s already angry she knew. She looked down, averting his eyes she was waiting for him to burst himself out.

 

There was an awkward moment of silence when suddenly, Gaeul heard a laugh, she looked up and to her surprise, it was Jiyong laughing. He was laughing so hard that he almost crouched and held his stomach.

 

Gaeul brows furrowed, confused at why he was laughing. “Why are you laughing?”

 

Jiyong couldn’t speak rightly. “---slipped---was—“

 

Gaeul hissed and was about to stand when Jiyong put his hand on her head and pushed her down again. She glowered at him.

 

“I’ll let this go this time since you’re so funny. But if something bad happened to my clothes, you’ll have to pay for it.” He was trying not to laugh when he reached for the door and left.

 

“What’s up with him?” Gaeul puffed her cheeks.

 

**

 

“I’m soo tired.” Gaeul yawned, she sprawled herself on her bed. It was 4 in the afternoon already and she felt her stomach grumbling in hunger. “I should have bought food, I want to eat.”

 

“Oh,” She switched her body so her stomach was against the bed sheets, she reached for her bag that was landing on the edge of the bed, she roamed her hands inside, looking for something. She picked out a piece of paper, more like a brochure or flyer.

 

14 inches Pizza for only 10,000 won!

Choose between a variety of flavors:

-Hawaiian

-Peperroni

-Double Cheese

 

Call 100-400-100 now and satisfy your cravings!

 

“Woah! This is 10,000 won only! I should buy.” She picked her phone and started dialing.

 

**

 

“Finally, I’ll get to eat.” Gaeul swiftly went to the kitchen and opened the box of pizza. The smell f the pepperoni slowly invades her senses, she quickly sat and grabbed one slice and ate it without mercy.

 

“Do you want pizza?” She asked Jiyong when he moved out of his room. A strange wind must have made its way in them since he sat with Gaeul on the kitchen. He chuckled when he realized two slices were already gone from the pizza and yet, Gaeul was still mercilessly eating another slice.

 

“How could you stuff all that food in your stomach?” Jiyong watched her as she ate.

 

**

 

Updated! :D I hope this is fine to you!

 

@AiAddict aww.. well it’s his character, but he kinds of soften a bit here..kkk.. =) Thank you!^^ Thanks for reading!

@milotic350 ahaha..xD well, maybe..=) but maybe in time it may change.. =D Thanks for reading!

@pinkypn Gaeul’s character here, is she’s smart but can be careless at times, so maybe that’s why.. :D hihi.. Thanks for reading!

@pheebie yes, and in here as well.. :3 hihi Thanks for reading!

 

-Thanks for everyone who reads this. For the subscribers. Specially for those who leaves their feedbacks in here, thank you for motivating me to continue.^^