Chapter 9

Crazily Living Under The Same Roof

 

“Miss, aren’t you going to take a seat? Will you just stand there forever?” The bus driver eyed Gaeul strangely. She was standing just on the entrance of the bus, near the door.

 

“Sorry, I think I won’t take this bus.” Gaeul bowed and went back again outside. She could hear the driver muttering words that seemed to be hateful.

 

The rain has poured heavier. Gaeul couldn’t help but stay on the bus stop for a while and wait until the rain stops, but it was useless. She was sitting for an hour and the rain wasn’t stopping. She put on her yellow raincoat, good thing her luggage was waterproof. She decided to go to a nearby convenience store or fast food restaurant: wherever, as long as she could rest better before finding a new place to settle.

 

It was quiet on the sidewalk since it was raining hard, people would prefer to be inside. The storm become heavier every hour and Gaeul was trying her best not to be scared. She glanced at the streets to see if there was an empty taxi, but there was none so she was forced to walk and find a convenience store.

 

She shrieked when she heard the thunder roaring, she wasn’t that scared with it, but it really surprised her. She walked faster.

 

“Gaeul!!” She heard someone screaming yet she was unsure if it was really her name since the raindrops were making a very loud noise. She turned, someone was running towards her yet it was a bit of blur because of the rain. Omo, what if it’s a murderer? Her wide imagination was running on her mind and she started running off.

 

She ran beneath the heavy rain, dragging her things with her. She looked behind her and saw the same figure running after her. She ran faster. “Oh please don’t!”

 

She felt a hand gripped her wrist, that was when she started screaming. “Don’t please! Take all my things don’t-“ she was squirming when she suddenly stopped.

 

“Seungri?” He has an umbrella with him and he was eyeing Gaeul with both concern and confusion. He settled the umbrella to the both of them.

 

“Gaeul, what’s the screaming about? Why did you leave? Let’s go home, it’s raining real hard.” Seungri held her hand firmly. “I was too worried that I forgot to just use my car.” He grimaced as he walked with her.

 

“Seungri-ah, I won’t be going back anymore.” Gaeul tried to make her voice sound even, she didn’t want him to get more worried.

 

Seungri halted his steps and looked back at Gaeul. “What? And where are you going huh? I was looking for you all night long. Don’t think too much of what Jiyong hyung told you.” He sighed. Gazing at Gaeul who was in front of him, he stared at her short figure, her fair skin, her already tousled hair: she looked so fragile. “Let’s go home, let’s just find a taxi, before the street will be empty.”

 

**

 

Jiyong was pacing back and forth in the living room. He sat on the sofa when he couldn’t take it anymore, he ruffled his hair in frustration and covered his face with his hands. He knew he was wrong then, he shouldn’t have told Gaeul those things, and he shouldn’t have told her to leave. He thought Seungri was right, he shouldn’t be too selfish. He shouldn’t bring his hatred to other people who were innocent. He was about to go out earlier as well, but Seungri told him he’ll be the one to look for her.

 

He heard the door open.  There they were, Seungri carrying Gaeul on his back. She was still in a raincoat and she was asleep. Seungri was soaked from the rain.

 

“She fell asleep when we’re in the taxi.” Seungri headed for Gaeul’s room and settled her on the bed, removing her raincoat and her boots.

 

“Sorry.” Jiyong was leaning on the room’s door.

 

“It’s not me you should tell that hyung. She was walking on the sidewalk, even though it was raining hard.” Seungri sighed. He fixed the blanket on her and went out of the room. Jiyong gazed at Gaeul before closing the door. Seungri headed for his room then on the bathroom to take a shower.

 

Jiyong thought he should make up for what he just did to Gaeul. He went near the door where her luggage was, he picked it up and brought it to her room silently, so as not to wake her up. He knew he shouldn’t open her luggage but he checked up on it just incase. He could see it was waterproof but why were some of her things already wet? He looked at her notebook and it was ruined by the rain. He looked at her phone, it was drenched as well. Gaeul could have accidentally left the zipper not closed properly. He felt a lot of remorse.

 

“Damn it..” he muttered to himself as he closed her luggage again and went out of her room.

 

**

 

The next morning.

 

Seungri went out of his room, rubbing his eyes and yawning, he went to the kitchen to drink water. He jumped in surprise when he saw Jiyong was there. “You scared me to death!” He catches his breath. “What are you doing?”

 

“Cooking? What else?” Jiyong was so focused in what he was doing that he didn’t even look at Seungri.

 

“You’re cooking instant soup?” Seungri was bemused.

 

“Yeah,” Jiyong scratched the back of his head. He looked again at the directions from the pack. “Am I doing it right?”

 

“Why are you cooking when you can just buy or call for the maid?” Seungri went for the refrigerator to get the pitcher of water.

 

Jiyong didn’t answer.

 

They both heard a noise from Gaeul’s room. “She must be awake.” Seungri said and headed to her room.

 

“Omo, my notebook, my World Literature book, and my phone.. Wae? How did they get drenched in water.” Gaeul was on the floor, fixing her things. Seungri has opened the door but she seemed to not have noticed at first. “Oh,” she saw him. “Hi..”

 

“Thanks for last night.” Gaeul smiled at Seungri.

 

“It’s nothing, how are you? I hope you didn’t catch cold.” Seungri entered her room and sat on the floor with her.

 

“No, I didn’t. You? I’m really sorry last night.” Gaeul eyed Seungri with concern.

 

“I’m fine. I feel sorry for your things.” Seungri sighed.

 

“I’ll just buy new ones, I guess.” Gaeul half-smiled.

 

They heard the front door opened and closed in an instant. “Oh, did hyung just left?” Seungri stood and checked. Jiyong was not in the kitchen anymore.

 

Gaeul went out from her room as well. She went for the kitchen and saw a bowl of soup with a piece of paper beside it. She picked the paper and read it.

 

Sorry…

 

-Jiyong

 

“This must be yours.” Gaeul told Seungri thinking that Jiyong was actually apologizing to him, it won’t be for her she was certain of it. No way would he say sorry to her.

 

“That’s yours.” Seungri said. “I told hyung I will just heat my food in the microwave, so why would he make me something like that? And that’s disgusting!”

 

Gaeul was dumbfounded.

 

“He couldn’t talk to you because he’s slightly embarrassed. I could see it. Don’t worry, I’m sure he won’t do it again.” Seungri sat on the chair.

 

Gaeul sat on the opposite one and stared at the bowl of soup. She grabbed the spoon and started eating it, it’s not bad, well, it was instant. “Seungri..what has Jiyong been doing all the time? He’s not going to school, or working.”

 

“Well, hyung’s actually always with his best friend, Youngbae. They always hang out in a recording studio somewhere in Hapjeon-dong.” Seungri sipped on his coffee.

 

“Ohh, but where does he get money? And you too?” Gaeul’s brows furrowed.

 

“We both get money from our parents. Well, my parents are different since they’re in Canada, it’s fine for me to live everywhere and they’ll give me money. I don’t want to go there. While, hyung’s parents, they wanted him back in their house.” Seungri sighed. “but hyung felt a lot of pressure trying to be their perfect son so he left. They didn’t cut out his credit card accounts, good thing, but his mom really wanted him back.”

 

“Oh,” Gaeul just nodded. Thinking how life may be difficult for Jiyong. Her parents were very supportive, and even though they’re just a middle-classed family, they were happy.

 

**

 

Gaeul went to school. She spent two hours in the library, copying notes from Soyeon since her notebook was now useless.

 

“What really happened? You know, your story is so unreal. You said you dropped your notebook on the sink, why would you bring it with you there?” Soyeon raised her eyebrow, trying not to speak out loud.

 

“That’s really it, I was rushing that time so I have forgotten to put it down already.” Gaeul’s eyes were focused on writing.

 

“Aissh Gaeul, and you still haven’t told me where you are staying, why is that?” Soyeon asked again.

 

“Because the place I am staying is restricted for visitors! The owner said I should just meet my family, friends and anyone else outside.” Gaeul lied.

 

“Okay whatever, I’ll just leave you for now, I still have to go with my mom for shopping. Give back my notebook tomorrow, Bye!” Soyeon left swiftly.

 

**

 

Gaeul was finally finished copying notes. She left the library and went out of the school. She was at the bus stop waiting for the next bus to arrive when a car stopped in front. She ignored it.

 

The window from the driver’s seat slowly rolled down, revealing Jiyong. It was his white Bentley. “Yah, move in, fast.” It was all he said. Gaeul was confused but she followed him and entered inside the passenger’s seat.

 

**

 

Updated! I know the last one was short, so I know I need to update faster.. keke.. well, I got the plot in mind now so no more writer’s block! Hopefully.. :D I hope you like this one!..xD

 

@pinkypn awts.. yes..:D well before she could have done that Ri has come in rescue.. :3 Thanks for reading!

@AiAddict Yeah! Well, we know the apology in paper is not enough.. haha.. we’ll knw in the next one what will happen! xD hahaha! Yes, let’s see what good thing will happen.. :3 Thanks for reading!

@ohmyyoungbae hahaha.. Jiyong is just really rude here..xD let’s see if he would change! xD thanks for reading!

@sweetestrebel awts! Sorry for that!! Kekeke..thanks!^^ I hope this new update is fine to you! Thanks for reading!

 

-Thank you everyone! Feel free to drop your comment!^^