Chapter 10

Crazily Living Under The Same Roof

 

“Um, where are we going?” Gaeul asked Jiyong as soon as she entered the car. She put on her seatbelt and stared at him confusedly.

 

“Have you eaten?” Jiyong started driving. Gaeul was surprised by his question. Not only he let her enter his car, but he even asked her if she has eaten. It was somehow strange.

 

“Not yet, I was at the library of our school copying notes.” Gaeul managed to smile at him even though he wasn’t looking. On Jiyong’s mind, he was battling with himself why was there a girl like her? He saw her smile from the edge of his eyes and it was annoying but giving him a weird feeling at the same time.

 

“I’m sorry for the paper.” Gaeul broke the silence that was invading them for almost fifteen minutes of driving.

 

“I overreacted. It’s just some piece of trash.” Jiyong said.

 

“How can it be a piece of trash? The words are good, though it’s about a heartbreak, it’s good. No, it’s great.” Gaeul was looking at the window. “Oh! Is this the way to Han River? I haven’t been there yet!”

 

Jiyong glanced at her. He felt like he just let a stranger in his car. The way she acts, it was something he hasn’t experience before.

 

“You’re studying to be a teacher right?” Jiyong asked, his eyes still focused on the road.

 

Gaeul looked at him. “Yeah, I want to teach in our hometown in Gwangju.”

 

Jiyong chuckled. “Your dream is so shallow.”

 

“Yah! It’s not shallow. I always wanted to teach kids.” Gaeul grinned.

 

“I know someone, but that someone treated a dream like nothing else matters.” Jiyong grimaced.

 

“Someone?”

 

**

 

They went to a department store Gaeul has never been for her months stay in Seoul. She trotted as she tried to keep up with Jiyong since he was walking faster. “Why are we here?”

 

They arrived at the gadgets part of the mall. “Just choose which of these you like.” Jiyong said nonchalantly as he pointed on the glass with displayed phones.

 

Gaeul was perplexed for a while before she finally figured it out. “Oh, Jiyong-ah, you don’t need to replace my phone, it still can be fixed.”

 

“Just go ahead and choose, my conscience will kill me if you won’t gain a new one.” Jiyong said impassively.

 

Gaeul laughed softly. “Aniyo, I can still use my phone, the LCD just needed to be replaced and the battery.”

 

“Why won’t you just-“ Jiyong was starting to get annoyed.

 

“-it’s okay, and it’s not your fault. I was so careless. I don’t blame you for that. And my friend is fixing it already since he’s a techie.” Gaeul smiled.

 

Jiyong shivered when she did that. He tried to hide it in front of her though it seemed like he was oblivious of something.

 

“I’ll just treat you for an afternoon meal” Jiyong grabbed Gaeul’s wrist. She felt nervous and astounded from the act.

 

**

 

“Oh! Look at those! They look so cute!!” Gaeul giggled and jumped crazily when she saw a store filled with dogs. She ran to the window and bent on her knees, looking closely at the puppies and dogs wagging their tails at the sight of her.

 

“Don’t tell me there are no dogs in your hometown?” Jiyong stood behind her, also gazing at the cute puppies.

 

“Oh, there are of course!” Gaeul was still admiring the dogs. She wanted to touch them. “Our family got a dog, his name is Snowdog, but he died early.”

 

“Sorry.” Jiyong muttered.

 

“It’s okay, he lived happily, that’s what matters. I miss having a dog but I’m scared, what if he would die again? I cried hard when Snowdog died.” Gaeul stood.

 

“I got a dog, his name is Gaho, but he’s currently on our family house for now.” Jiyong said.

 

“Oh!? Can you bring him some time? I miss cuddling dogs! They’re cute!!” Gaeul grinned widely, imagining herself hugging a dog. Jiyong just chuckled at her expression.

 

**

 

“Oh! Why are you together?” Seungri stared at Gaeul and Jiyong strangely when they arrived in the apartment, it was 7 in the evening.

 

“Yah! Jiyong Oppa!!!” An 8 years old girl, who has a shoulder-length black hair and round eyes, wearing a short pink dress was sitting on the couch watching cartoons.

 

“Why is Ae-young here?” Jiyong looked at Seungri.

 

“Well, Lee Ahjusshi and his wife are on a trip, and they asked a favor, if she could stay here.” Seungri said, sitting on the couch beside Ae-young. “Don’t worry, she’ll sleep with me, right Ae-young?” Seungri pinched her cheeks.

 

“Seungri Oppa, who is she?” Ae-young pointed at Gaeul. Jiyong entered his room.

 

“Oh, she’s your Gaeul unnie.” Seungri said.

 

“Oh, she’s your girlfriend?” Ae young grinned.

 

“No!” Seungri quickly responded. “She’s a friend, a housemate.”

 

“But a girl can’t live with a boy, not if she has relationship with them, or is she Jiyong Oppa’s girlfriend?” Ae young giggled. “I’m not going to get jealous, I like Youngbae Oppa better than the two of you! You got massive eyebags, Jiyong Oppa is an emo--”

 

Gaeul laughed. She sat on the opposite couch staring at the little girl.

 

“Yah Ae Young don’t say that! Don’t you know my eyebags are my assets? Many girls fall for that? You couldn’t’ even see Youngbae hyung’s eyes when he smiles. Pffft.” Seungri whined.

 

“So unnie, who is your boyfriend?” Ae young looked at Gaeul cutely.

 

Gaeul was taken aback. “Oh, none of them, they’re friends.”

 

“You don’t like any of them?” Ae Young asked once again.

 

“Ae young stopped asking people you don’t know!” Seungri scolded her.

 

“But she’s living here so it’s fine.” Ae young giggled. “oh! Jiyong Oppa should be! You came in together, you had a date!”

 

“What mind do you have!?” Seungri said to Ae young.

 

**

 

It was almost midnight but Ae young wanted to sleep with Gaeul since they got along well. Gaeul told her children stories when they were in the living room and now they were on the bed, ready to sleep.

 

“Gaeul Unnie, you know Secret’s Starlight, Moonlight?” Ae Young asked.

 

“Yeah!” Gaeul nodded. Then they made a cue and sang together, swaying their upper bodies to the rhythm of the song.

 

“Shubidupa Ppa ppa ppa Shubidupa Ppa ppa ppa~ Neoneun nae byeolbit Nae maumi byeolpit~”

 

“Unnie, Seungri Oppa likes you!” Aeyoung whispered to her suddenly.

 

Gaeul’s eyes widened. “How can you say that? He’s a friend. You’re just seeing it wrong, and you’re still little to understand those things!”

 

“But I can sense it! I’m a fortune teller!!” Aeyoung pouted.

 

**

 

Jiyong was watching them from the outside, staring through the small space of the half opened door. As soon as he found himself smiling, he gained his state back and left.

 

He went back to his room and lied on his bed and stared on the ceiling. His mind has two persons running on his mind right now.

 

**

 

Lee Ahjusshi came in the next morning to thank them for taking care of Ae young. “Thanks for taking care of her. She’s not that naughty, was she?”

 

“Ani, she’s really a sweet girl. Thanks for letting her stay here.” Gaeul smiled at Lee Ahjusshi. He gently carried Aeyoung who was sleeping, taking her from Seungri’s arms before leaving.

 

Gaeul closed the door. She yawned and still she was craving for sleep.

 

“You didn’t get enough sleep, do you?” Seungri chuckled at the sight of her.

 

Gaeul went to the kitchen to make coffee. “Yeah, we’ve been awake until 2 in the morning, Aeyoung is so hyper! Do you want coffee?”

 

“Yeah, thanks.” Seungri sat on the chair intensely watching Gaeul, staring at her every feature. It was the first time he has gazed at her that frantically.

 

Jiyong came out of his room. He could see the both of them when he was near the kitchen. He looked at Gaeul first, then at Seungri.

 

“Gaeul, do you want to go near the Han River? You said you want to go there right?” Seungri smiled at her.

 

“Oh, of course! Can you go with me? My friends don’t want to go there! They said they’ve been there plenty of times!” Gaeul sat on the opposite side grinning at Seungri.

 

Jiyong seemed to be unnoticeable by the two; he just headed back on his room, slamming the door.

 

**

 

“Gaeul, are you sure you just wanted to take a bus there? We could use my car instead.” Seungri was scratching the back of his head, he was waiting for Gaeul near the front door.

 

“Yeah, I think that would be better right? If it’s okay. Shall we go?” Gaeul smiled at Seungri. She fixed her hair, letting it loose on the gray hoodie she was wearing. She put some money inside the pocket of her shorts and put on her sling bag.

 

“Okay then, let’s go!” Seungri opened the door and they left.

 

**

 

“Why did we go here all of a sudden?” Youngbae asked Jiyong, they were walking near the Han River.

 

“Nothing, just some view, why? What’s wrong with that?” Jiyong said. Both of them were wearing sunglasses.

 

“Well, that’s just odd.” Youngbae was bemused.

 

**

 

Updated!^.^ I’m sorry, I hope it’s fine..T^T I got something in store for the next chapters..I hope you’ll like it.. =P Just expect some sweet and some funny (i really do hope i could make it funnier) moments.. ^.^ Cause the love will really start..~ :D

 

@Shasha310898 yes! Haha..xD well, Seungri and Gaeul gets along so well compared to her and Jiyong..but we’ll see.. ^.^ hihi..xD two endings?? :DD that’s a good idea, but I’ll try, haha, I’m not sure though if it could go with the plot, but I’ll try and figure that out for you.. ^.^ Thanks for reading!

@ohmyyoungbae yes, he’s becoming nicer..:3 and we’ll find out if that’ll be stable.. haha..xD Thanks for reading!

@AiAddict ahahaha! You’re right.. ^.^ yes, he did want to buy her a new phone but she disagreed.. haha..xD Yes, I didn’t make them singers here.. ^.^ ahihi, thank you! Thanks for reading!

@decembermouse ahahaha, are you from Canada? Hihi..xD Go and hunt his parents! Lol kidding!^.^ Thank you for reading!

@cezheartsyou thank you! I hope you like this chapter! Thanks for reading!^.^

 

Thank you everyone! And for the new subscribers thanks! Thanks for those who drops their feedbacks! Specially those with the long ones! Thank you!!! ^.^ Feel free to comment!^.^ I’ll update soon even if it’s my exam..=P hahahhaa..xD