Chapter 6

Crazily Living Under The Same Roof

 

Gaeul went out for a while to go to her University and confirm her registration and enrollment. “Wow, Seoul National University’s really huge!” she was walking on the hallway, admiring the facilities inside. “But where’s the registrar?” she looked around, the place was so peaceful, few people were only passing by.

 

**

 

It was around 7 in the evening when Gaeul went home.

 

“Hello!” Lee Ahjusshi waved at her.

 

Gaeul smiled and bowed at him. “Good evening Ahjusshi!”

 

“How was your stay? Are the boys pissing you off?” He asked, he was grilling a barbeque.

 

Gaeul shook her head. “No, they’re nice to me. I should go now, I’ll cook dinner.”

 

She pressed the digits to unlock the door, and when it opened she went inside immediately, wearing off her shoes and changing it to slippers. She realized the lights in the living room were not on. When she the lights, it seemed like no one was inside.

 

She went to her room first and fixed her things, changed clothes before heading on the kitchen. She bought some food in the grocery before heading back to the apartment. She was too busy cooking some pasta that when she glanced at the clock it was 8:30pm. “Maybe they won’t be coming home early.” She muttered.

 

She has eaten alone already and just covered some food for Seungri and Jiyong incase they’re hungry when they got home. She head to her room and read a fiction book. She was reading seriously, when her phone rang. She answered it, still looking at the book.

 

“Yoboseyo?”

 

“Gaeul-ah! I won’t be home tonight until the next two days, I’m in a trip with my friends.” It was Seungri.

 

“Okay then.”

 

“Wait, before I hung up, just take care of hyung, he’s actually sick since this morning, he’s in his room. Just check on him okay! Bye!”

 

“He’s sick? He’s in his room?” Gaeul said. Her eyes widened, she didn’t know, and how would she see if he’s fine if he’s not going out of his room? She remembered that he warned her not to enter his room. She dashed outside her own room and knocked slowly on Jiyong’s.

 

“Hello? Seungri called me, he told me you’re sick, are you okay? Do you need anything?” Gaeul said in a low tone. She waited for him to respond, but after a minute or two, he didn’t. Gaeul sighed. She trembled as she clasped on the door knob and opened the door slowly.

 

“Hello?” she entered the room. She didn’t have much time to admire his room but it was really neat and everything was just right in place, it looked elegant. She moved to where the bed was, and she saw Jiyong covered in blanket.

 

“I’m sorry if I entered but I was worried, are you okay?” she poked him lightly. Gaeul realized he was asleep, she touched his forehead, he was burning in illness. She quickly went out of the room.

 

When she got back she brought a bowl of warm water and a cloth. She damped the cloth and wiped it on the sides of his face. This has woken Jiyong. His brows furrowed when he saw Gaeul. Gaeul quickly moved further away from his bed.

 

“I’m sorry! Your condition is not really good so I-“

 

“Just leave.” Jiyong said nonchalantly, he closed his eyes. Gaeul left immediately.

 

But she went back after ten minutes or so, bringing a hot bowl of noodles.

 

“I told you to just-“

 

“I’ll leave.” Gaeul put the bowl of noodles on the empty small table near the bed. She put a medicine too and a bottled water, then she slowly walked out of the room.

 

Jiyong found her somewhat annoying and strange at the same time.

 

**

 

“So Aphrodite doesn’t want her son, Cupid to be with Psyche at first? Aigoo, poor Psyche, she has endured too much here.” Gaeul yawned, she was reading a mythology book, lying on her stomach on the bed. She bought two more books which were just sprawled with her on the bed, The Little Prince and The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes. Truthfully, she really wanted to become an English literature teacher. She wanted to share her knowledge, and also her passion for books to others.

 

**

Jiyong jumped off from his bed, he has finished eating the noodles Gaeul cooked for him. Well, if not for his hungry stomach, he would have chosen his pride. He moved outside his room but the living room and the kitchen was empty. He slowly went to Gaeul’s room, slightly opening the door so he could sneak in. He closed the door gently, he could see she has fallen asleep reading something. He looked at the books landing everywhere on her bed, one by one, holding them and looking at them. “Pssh, she reads these things? She doesn’t look smart at all.” He threw the books back on the bed and stared at her sleeping form.

 

He took a glimpse of a paper near the opened book Gaeul was holding. He snapped it. It was a drawing, well, a not so professional one. It has a boy with wings and an arrow and a girl with long hair holding hands together, Gaeul has written, Love and The Soul beneath the drawing.

 

“Her drawings are like those from elementary kids.” He criticized her again. He turned to her somewhat, study desk which were almost filled with books and papers even if it’s not yet school time. ‘this girl must be a nerd’ he thought. He opened a notebook and the very first thing that he saw was another drawing, it was a drawing of the apartment, a map-like one. Gaeul must have drawn it in boredom one time. She has drawn the map with even some faces in it, she has drawn her own face with a My Room written on the square where she was sleeping. Then on Seungri’s, she has drawn his face as well with massive eyebags and his face was grinning, and on Jiyong’s, she has drawn him in a way that his face was angry, his brows furrowed, his lips frowning, and there was a written Do not enter mister snobbish’ room! Restricted! For the first time, Jiyong laughed at it.

 

His laugh has woken Gaeul, she rubbed her eyes, confused and mesmerized, she saw Jiyong’s back. “Oh, why are you here? Do you need anything?”

 

Jiyong almost jumped in surprise. He put back the notebook on her desk and turned to her. “Nothing, I’ll just bring back the medicine you gave, I don’t need them, I have my own.” He picked them from his pocket and put them on the desk.

 

Gaeul grimaced. “Okay…”

 

Before Jiyong closed the door he turned to look at Gaeul, “If you need a blanket I have an extra one in my room.” Then he closed the door completely.

 

Gaeul was bemused. but he felt somehow embarrassed, yes, she forgot to buy a blanket  when she and Seungri were shopping that time. But why did he offered that all of a sudden? She thought he must have a bipolar personality.

 

**

 

Updated!!^^ So, Jiyong’s getting nicer?? :D we’ll see!^^ I guess the next chapters will be filled with.. romance in the air!!^^ Not sure though, if Jiyong or Seungri, who do you like more for her?? xD

 

@milotic350 ahihi, yes he does.. we’ll know soon why he was you know, kinda lonely here.. ^^ Thanks for reading!

@LaLaNaNa I loled at your comment!! Hehehe..xD Well, he’s a little snobbish here..xD Thanks for reading!

@ss501kyusaeng yes he was.. but maybe now, not that mean..hehe.. Thanks for reading!

 

-Thank you for everyone who reads this!^^ For those who subscribed! Most specially for those who leaves their comments here!! Thank you for motivating me!!^^