Black Petals

His Perfect Match

Zee’s POV

 

            “you are the what?” I know about delusional fans but this is just ridiculous.

            “the Black Petals. We don’t really expect that stupid brain of yours to get what we do.” The smallest one at the back piped in rolling her eyes as if she was the princess of the world or something.

            “but we are warning you to stay away fro our oppa or else you will really regret it.” the leader said in a menacing voice.

To be honest I really don’t know if I should take them seriously or not. But then I remembered something.

            “so you were the ones sending my those black flower petals.” I raised my voice. Those things have been pestering me for weeks now.

            “oh good you finally get it.” the leader smirked. “we originally sent it as a warning but it seemed that you didn’t get it but went as far as to shoot something with our dear husband.”

            “husband, you say? Did you get married with Heechul without him knowing?” I asked acting innocent.

            “don’t get smart with us!” one of them said. At this point I wasn’t paying much attention anymore.

I saw the leader stare at my left hand where the ring Heechul gave me was and the bracelet that Void gave us. her face went as red as a tomato and stomped towards me.

            “how dare you!” she shouted and pulled the bracelet as hard as she could. She couldn’t do much with the ring as I already clenched my fist.

            “yah! What the hell are you doing?!” I dropped the snacks I just bought and twisted her hand from my wrist. Arnold’s self-defense training was worth it after all.

as soon as she let go of my wrist I dropped her hand. She massaged it and glared at me.

            “how dare you wear the same thing as our oppa?!” she shrieked just like a scorned wife confronting their husband’s mistress.

            “for your information someone gave this to us.” I glared back this time. Thankfully the bracelet was as tough as is could be that it didn’t snap.

            “lies! Get that bracelet off of her, girls, cut it if you have to! Take the ring as well while you’re at it!” the leader ordered and the rest of the girls started to move forward.

            “YAH! What are you girls doing!?” I male voice sounded behind them. I craned my neck to look and it was Jonghyun and Yonghwa.

Both of them jogged to my side bumping the girls on their way but obviously they didn’t care.

            “tsk! See how much of a you are? You have another two boys on your hook.” One of the girls said bitterly.

            “why don’t you girls just beat it?” Yonghwa shouted at the girls who glared at him.

Their leader pointed at me and glared; I glared back.

            “remember what we said, stay away from him or you’ll experience even worse things from us.” the leader said before spitefully turning and walking away.

            “noona, you ok?” Jonghyun asked looking concerned as I picked up the fallen groceries.

            “yeah, thanks for that.” I smiled at the two.

            “no problem. Let us help you with that.” Yonghwa said and both bent down to help me. Thankfully none of the bottles broke.

            “thanks again.”

We finished picking up the stuff and both carried the bags for me.

            “you better be careful from those sasaeng fans, noona, some of them can get pretty nasty.” Yonghwa warned.

            “yeah, I figured… I know some can get pretty delusional but I don’t know they’re THAT delusional.” I said shaking my head. Jonghyun and Yonghwa laughed.

            “you should read what they write on those fanfics. The others are just tolerable and may even be cute but there are just those few authors that are way over the top to the point that it’s already creepy.” Jonghyun shivered. He probably read some of those.

            “those stuffs right?” I said suppressing a laugh. Heechul told me about those fanfics but not too much in detail though.

Both guys made faces of disgust.

            “there are more creepier things than that.” Jonghyun cringed. “although that in itself is already cringe worthy.

            “by the way, why are you around here, noona?” Yonghwa asked. he must’ve noticed that we’ve been walking towards their company.

            “Heechul is here. He’s practicing with Hongki.”

            “is it for Immortal Song 2?” he asked opening the wide door for me.

            “yep.” I nodded curtly.

            “cool, I hope they win.” Jonghyun smiled. “how’s Angela by the way? Is she and hyung doing well?” I could trace a faint hint of sadness in his voice.

            “why you hoping they’d break up so you can be Angela’s shoulder to cry on?” Yonghwa teased putting an arm around his dongsaeng’s shoulder.

            “no, I’m just asking how they are. She already chose and I respect her decision. And as a man I’ve already backed off.” He gave a slight smile.

            “how’d you two even know about it anyway?” I asked curiously. As far as I know those two never really ‘officially’ said they’re together they just kind of had that silent mutual agreement.

Jonghyun chuckled.

            “it doesn’t take a genius to figure that one out. Those two obviously liked each other even if I tried to deny it before and still took a shot.”

            “it wasn’t until Minhyuk heard your friends talking about Kyuhyun hyung faking that he was his so that he can talk to Angela that he decided to back down.” Yonghwa said jerking his head to Jonghyun.

            “don’t rub it in, hyung.” he frowned.

We laughed at that.

            “anyway, I’ve got to get these to those two, Heechul gets cranky if he’s too hungry.” I said taking the bags from them as we got outside the practice room where Heechul and Hongki were.

            “got it! take care, noona!” they both said and started to walk away.

            “hey guys?” I called. “can you please not mention what happened earlier to Heechul or to Kyuhyun?” I looked at Jonghyun.

I saw them look at each other.

            “but don’t you think he should know about it?” Jonghyun asked.

            “no, Heechul and the others have a lot going on right now and Heechul just left his post in Youngstreet and this might add to his thoughts, so no.”

they looked at each other again and then Jonghyun sighed.

            “ok, noona, we won’t tell them.” He said with a slight smile.

            “but will you tell them if this gets worse?” Yonghwa added looking concerned.

I thought about it for a second. Will it really get worse?

            “I will, don’t worry.” I said before I went inside the practice room.

I could still see the worried and concerned looks on their faces, I know they meant well but now is just not the right time.

All of my thoughts vanished when I entered the practice room as Heechul and Hongki have been arguing over who will do the melody. They really aren’t doing any progress. Aigoo…

            “what took you so long?” Heechul asked grumpily as he saw me enter.

            “I met Yonghwa and Jonghyun on the way and had a little chat.” Well it’s not exactly a lie.

            “noona! Can you please help me convince hyung to do the high part? I know it really suits his voice.”

Hongki said pouting and stomping on the floor like a child.

            “can I listen to the song first?” I smiled and took the music sheet from Heechul. He wouldn’t mind, he’s digging through the snacks I’ve brought already.

I listened to the song carefully while reading along the music sheet and humming through Hongki’s part then Heechul’s.

            “Heechul-ah, I agree with Hongki, the higher melody should be yours. It’d fit with your voice.” I said looking up.

            “ah! WAE!? That’s too high for me!”

            “no, it’s not. I’ve seen the SS2 dvd and I saw your solo it’s about the same as this!” I argued back.

I noticed Hongki decided to sit this argument out and kept munching on his snack.

            “I won’t do it.” Heechul countered stubbornly.

            “you already promised your friend you’d help him. Will you disappoint him by being childish now?”

            “he asked me for my help, he needed me and I said yes so the least he could do was to agree to  make me choose my part!”

I furrowed my eyebrows.

            “we both know you don’t mean that, Heechul-ah. I know why you won’t do it but you have to be able to get past that.” I said lowering my voice.

He glared at me. a moment later he grabbed the Ipod and the music sheet.

            “I’ll think about it.” he said the stormed out.

            “noona, do you think he’ll agree to do it?” Hongki asked sounding worried.

            “if he’ll man up he’ll do it.” I looked at Hongki and smiled. “don’t worry about it.”

Heechul may look overconfident but there are still some things he feels vulnerable doing. I want him to get that confidence back so he won’t feel like this anymore.

 

Heechul’s POV

 

I am starting to regret dragging her over to our practice earlier. I really didn’t want to sing that part but she just kept insisting. If we lose or rank the lowest in the actual performance she’s going to be the one to blame.

            “are you still sulking?” Zee asked from the passenger seat. It’s still a bit early so we decided to drop by the hotel with dinner for the girls.

            “no.” I replied flatly. “just…assessing.”

            “Assessing what?”

            “what I’ll when I screw the performance up.”

I heard her sigh. She didn’t answer and I stopped at the red light. We were going a bit slow now because the rain caused some traffic.

            “do you know why Hongki chose you instead of some veteran singer?” she asked suddenly not looking at me.

I turned towards her…curious.

            “why?”

she looked at me with an expression I’ve never seen before. Her eyes were looking at me softy as if she’s comforting me.

            “that’s because he wants to create a fun stage for everyone and he knows you can do it.”

            “tsh! There’re a lot of other great singers out there who can also create a fun stage.” I said stepping on the gas as the light turned green. Only 1 more block and we’re there.

            “ c’mon, Heechul, you’re the mood maker plus Hongki would really want to do it with his hyung.” she said with a bit of aegyo. I kept my composure not to laugh.

            “either way I already said yes and a promise IS a promise and Kim Heechul has never backed out of a promise yet.” I exhaled pulling up the handbrake.

            “that’s the spirit.” Zee laughed while grabbing the package of food at the back seat.

            “besides, if we do well then it’s obvious that it’s because of me.” I grinned. Zee just rolled her eyes.

She grabbed the door handle to get ready to step out.

            “yah! Are you insane? It’s raining!” I shouted. Yanking her back.

            “you don’t expect us to eat all of this in the car, do you?” she snapped back gesturing to the food bags.

            “stay put and wait, I have an umbrella back here.”

I reached from the back and took out the black umbrella I usually keep in the car for situations like this. I hate it when it suddenly rains in the middle of summer, especially if you have no umbrella.

I went out of the car first and hurriedly opened her door. I really don’t do this for other girls. I’m usually the ‘every man for himself’ kind of guy. But I don’t know I feel like doing this all of a sudden.

We hurriedly walked towards the hotel since the winds also picked up a bit. This seriously reminds me of that time in Beijing, only this time, we’re not shouting at each other.

            “looks like the rain is getting worse.” EunHee commented helping Zee with the food.

            “you think?” I muttered sarcastically shaking off the water from my arms.

            “here, oppa, you can use this.” Kim Shin walked over with a facial towel, which the staff uses. “it’s a new one so you don’t have to worry.” I had to grin over that.

            “the food are for you, girls.” Zee said. She looked around and put her towel down. “where’s Angela?”

            “she went home about an hour ago.” Kim Shin answered getting all of our towels.

            “she said something about you-know-who wanting to spend some quality time.” EunHee snorted.

            “please tell me he’s only taking her to dinner.” Zee said rubbing her temples.           

            “of course they do. The idiot’s doesn’t have it in him.” I said rolling my eyes.

            “you said all guys are wolves you know.” She frowned.

            “they are. But Kyuhyun doesn’t belong there, coz as I’ve said, he’s an idiot.”  I took a sip at the coffee handed to me by EunHee.

            “you’re too harsh on your dongsaeng, Heechul-ah.”

            “what? you call him an idiot all the time!” I countered.

            “I’m an exception to that rule, dearie.” She said sticking her tongue out. I stuck my tongue out back at her. She took out her phone. “shoot! My batteries died.”

            “want to use mine?” I offered.

            “nah, we’re going home in a bit anyway.” She said putting her phone back to her pocket.

A few minutes later the rain finally slowed and there’s only a few light showers but knowing our weather it might rain hard again.

            “oppa, congratulations about M&D.” Kim Shin said her eyes vanishing like Henry’s when she smiled.

            “thanks, Kim Shin-ah.”

            “by the way, oppa, I saw your performance at the 20s choice. You kissed that girl right?” EunHee suddenly said catching me off-guard.

My eyes landed on Zee who was just sipping calmly at her coffee.

            “Ah, well, that…” why am I getting nervous!?

EunHee mustve realized what happened that her eyes widened and looked at Zee as well.

Zee looked up and saw us staring at her.

            “what?” she asked innocently.

            “weren’t you listening to our conversation?” EunHee asked.

            “I was, so?”

            “oh, doesn’t it bother you that I kissed a girl on stage?” I asked curiosity creeping up on me.

            “not really, it’s for fan service, isn’t it? besides what bothered me more was when you acted as if you kissed Henry. That would’ve been a nightmare for me.” she shuddered.

She’s really too good to be true, no girl in their right mind would not get jealous at her boyfriend kissing another girl!

            “you don’t have to worry about  jealous girlfriend, oppa, Zee knows Sohee called you on Youngstreet  for your last night there.”

            “tsh! Maybe that’s why your ex cheated on you, you never get jealous.” I joked.

That’s when I felt as if cold water was poured down on my back.

Kim Shin and EunHee were making frantic gestures at me not to say anything more but that made me confused.

Then Zee slammed her mug down the counter then walked out of the hotel without a word.

            “wha…what did I do?!” I asked the 2 girls and gestured towards the door.

            “uhmmm…you see, oppa, Zee doesn’t really like being told that it’s her fault her ex cheated on her.” Kim Shin explained.

            “I was only joking! She should know that.” I felt my temper rise. She doesn’t get jealous but she gets mad at this little thing.

            “we know that, oppa, but for women who get cheated…it’s one of the biggest insults you actually do to her.” EunHee elaborated.

            “and in Zee’s case she was cheated on multiple of times by the same guy. so you should understand why she became like this.” Kim Shin finished.

            “aish! Fine! I’ll apologize to her when I see her. She’s probably going home now right?” I asked. they both looked unsure but nodded.

I glanced at the umbrella rack by the door and saw that she didn’t take the umbrella out.

            “the idiot! It’s still raining and she didn’t bring her umbrella with her!”

I grabbed it and ran out. the rain started to pick up again.

She’s really going to get it as soon as I’ll see her back home!

I revved up the engine and stepped on the gas.

But even so I still need to apologize.

 

--------------

hi guys! sorry for being gone so long..had a long month of June! my external HDD decided to go crazy on me and all my 920gb worth of files went goodbye including my mr simple promotion compilations and other sj vids guestings etc..it nearly broke my heart thinking tht i wont be able to see those again after having great effort to dl each of them..but thanks to my cousin i've managed to recover most of my files..wee!

will be updating a better chapter than this just let me finish all my unfinished work.hihi

and finally @#$%&*HIUWBHVTDFGOIUBD^(^&%^$#%$&^&* the new MV!!! i've been spazzing about it all day! what do you think about it girls? love it?hate it? for me i love it more than mr simple both video and dance choreography..there's more movement going on and the move at 00:11! Donghae! so hot even if he's not my bias i love it!haha almost ruined my bias list but just almost! Yesung! i see hearts everytime i see there! and finally KANGIN IS BACK!!! who doesnt miss our raccoon? cant wait for the comeback performance on thursday! weee! hopefully someone will post and HD version.. i heard that carrot is gone now but lets hope not..T_T

ps. replies and thanks will be tomorrow and pic isnt mine and chap is unedited...;)