No more protector

The Girl and The Wolf (Mate)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8HwFj6_t_Gg

Exo-M: Don't Go

=============================================

The next morning, Danji’s eyes fluttered open. Her eyes automatically shifted over to her clock. *Good. I woke up on time.* She sighed in relief.

Danji sat up and rubbed her eyes. She pulled the blanket off her body and paused when she saw something odd. Her wound was gone.

The scrape from yesterday’s basketball game had somehow miraculously disappeared.

Danji examined her arm closely. She tried to look for at least a scar, but there was none. *Strange. I guess it’s good though.*

Danji got out of bed and got ready for school. She arrived at school on time and met up with Minyoung as usual.

Uishik met them at their lockers. “Hey, guys. Try some cookies.” He held out a zip-lock bag that was filled with chocolate chip cookies.

“My favorite!” Minyoung squealed and eagerly dove her hand inside to grab a sweet treat. She bit into it and was in heaven instantly. “This is sooo good! Did you make them?”

Uishik sheepishly rubbed the back of his neck as he shook his head. “No, my mom did.”

“Tell your mom thank you, Uishik. She was always a brilliant chef.” Danji smiled warmly as she bit into her own cookie.

Uishik smiled, pleased. He was happy whenever someone complimented his mother. “Thanks. I’ll be sure to tell her that.”

Minyoung finished her first cookie and reached for a second.

“Pig.” Someone snorted from behind. She froze.

Uishik and Danji looked up to see Jonghoon and his evil goons walking behind him. He stopped and looked at Minyoung in disgust. “How can you eat like that? Aren’t you even ashamed of yourself? How can you look at yourself in the mirror?” Her eyes began to water.

“It’s better than looking at yourself in the mirror and seeing the demon himself.” Danji retorted.

Uishik stared at her in shock. Jonghoon turned his attention to her. “What did you say, Bony?”

“You heard me. Don’t act like you didn’t.” Danji looked him straight in the eyes.

Jonghoon strode towards her. He stopped just a few inches from her face. He was so close that she could smell the forbidden cigarette on his breath. “You know what I don’t like about you, Choi Danji? It’s that you seem to intrude in everyone else’s business like it’s your own.”

Danji blinked in surprise. It wasn’t at his words, but her own from last night.

“I would be even more thankful if you stayed out of my business.”

*Did I really say those words to him? And here Jonghoon is angry because I step into other people’s business. Am I really such a hypocrite?* Danji wondered, dazed.

A group of boys turned into the hallway. They all looked up to see the new boys.

Jonghoon stiffened. “There’s your knight in shining armor.” He muttered.

Luhan looked up and met eyes with Danji. His eyes automatically flitted between her and Jonghoon. He wanted to do something, but her words were staked in his mind.

“I appreciate your kindness…but it would be best if you stopped interfering in my life.”

*Damn it. As much as I hate to, I’ll just follow her request.* Luhan turned into the classroom.

Danji’s eyes rounded in shock. Had he really just…passed by? *He took my words from last night seriously.*

Jonghoon smirked widely. “I guess he’s tired of playing your knight, huh?”

Fortunately, the teacher came, so they headed inside without trouble.

Danji sat at her desk and dared a glimpse at Luhan. He was staring straight ahead with an expressionless face. Danji bit her lip in worry. *Did I offend him last night? Is he angry with me? Is that why he did not stop Jonghoon this morning? No, get a grip, Choi Danji. You’re the one who told him to leave you alone. Don’t think other stuff now.* Pouting slightly, she looked at her notebook dismally.

Luhan shifted his gaze to her arm where there was no sign of a scrape anymore. *I’m glad you’re healed now. I’ll do my best to heed your warning. I won’t help you if you don’t want me to. I’ll just wait here…for you.* He hoped he had enough patience for that.

---------------------------------

During break, Danji went to Minyoung to check if she was okay. She still bummed about Jonghoon’s demeaning words. “Are you all right?” Danji asked softly in concern.

Uishik turned around in his seat and looked at them.

“Yeah…no…” Minyoung mumbled, disheartened.

Danji gently touched her arm. “Don’t take Jonghoon’s words to heart.”

Minyoung jolted up and stared at her hands. “Am I really that disgusting?”

“No! Of course not! Right, Uishik? Isn’t Minyoung perfect the way she is?” Danji looked back at Uishik and shot him an urgent look. Luckily, he got the hint. “Y-yeah, Minyoung. Y-you’re really fine. Don’t worry about Jonghoon. He teases me about my glasses all the time.” Uishik stammered while awkwardly rubbing the back of his neck. He was not that good at comforting girls.

Danji beamed. “See? Even Uishik says so. Look, there’s no one that Jonghoon doesn’t bully. He calls me offending names all the time, but I don’t listen to him, because I know that he just wants to boost his own self-esteem.”

Minyoung chuckled at that.

Danji grew excited. “You laughed! You laughed!” She tickled her best friend.

“Stop~” Minyoung complained but grinned.

Danji beamed and hugged her tightly. “To everyone else, you’re perfect, Minyoung. And if you like yourself, there’s no reason to change just because of someone’s stupid words.”

Minyoung gratefully smiled. “Thanks, Danji. I’m lucky to have a best friend like you.” “Likewise.” Danji beamed.

Uishik smiled widely, relieved that Minyoung was feeling better. He took the bag of cookies and sat next to them. “Let’s finish the rest of these.”

Minyoung shook her head frantically. “No! I don’t want to be called fat by Jonghoon again!”

“Kim Minyoung!” Danji scolded. “What did I just say?!”

“Oops…” She sheepishly smiled.

“Eat, Minyoung. It’s okay. To me, you’re perfect just the way you are.” Uishik said.

Danji and Minyoung blinked at him in surprise. They had never known he could say such sweet words.

Uishik blinked, totally confused why they were staring at him like that. “Did I say something wrong?”

*He wasn’t saying something sweet. He was saying the truth.* Danji smiled warmly. “No. You said something right.” She took two cookies fro

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter