New Students

The Girl and The Wolf (Mate)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PrwxG1sCZaE

Exo-K: Don't Go

=========================================

*Mmm…sleep. I love Saturdays. I can sleep in.* Danji thought with a smile as she snuggled into her pillow. *But…it’s not Saturday, is it?* Startled, her eyes popped wide open. *What day is it today?* Her eyes flickered to the calendar posted on the wall.

Today was Friday.

FRIDAY?!

Danji scrambled out of bed as if her was on fire. She rushed through her morning routine and quickly changed into her uniform. She buttoned up her sweater; ran a quick brush through her straight, light golden brown hair; and stuffed her notebooks into her broken backpack.

Danji grabbed the sketchbook and paused. She gazed at her wolf drawing, and suddenly, she remembered the strange incident last night. *Funny. I remember seeing the same blue eyes in the forest last night. Whatever.* Danji shook her head and dashed out of her bedroom. She had probably imagined the blue eyes.

Her grandfather was calmly sipping his mix of vodka and coffee while reading the daily newspaper.

“Grandpa! Why didn’t you wake me up?! I’m going to be late for school now!” Danji complained as she jumped up and down to put her navy blue knee-high socks on.

“It’s your responsibility, not mine.” was his mature response.

*Grandpa, really.* Danji rolled her eyes. She pushed her feet into her worn-out converses and hobbled out the front door. “I’m leaving! Don’t work too hard! And there’s leftover curry from last night in the refrigerator, so heat it up for lunch!”

Danji started running but paused. She saw her bicycle leaning against the cabin. *I might as well ride that. It could possibly get me to school on time.* Danji brushed the colorful leaves off the seat and hopped on.

“Choi Danji.” Her grandfather called. She looked up.

He tossed something at her, and she caught it before it could hit her face.

“How can a student forget her own backpack?” He mused.

“Thanks! Bye, grandpa!” Danji slung the backpack over her shoulder, waved, and pedaled out of sight.

*That girl. She’s just like her mother.* Her grandfather chuckled affectionately.

Danji pedaled as fast as she could. She rushed past the Malhwa High School students. Seeing that most students were still walking, she realized she was actually not late. Still, she would not relax until she reached the school gate safely. Danji rode her bicycle into the gate and came to a halt next to Minyoung.

“You’re later than usual. What happened? You, like, have a perfect attendance record.” She blinked.

“As far as I know, I still do.” Danji hopped off and chained her bicycle to the metal bar. “I slept late last night.”

“How late?” Minyoung cocked her head.

“Around four in the morning.” Danji sheepishly muttered.

“What?!” Minyoung yelped with wide eyes. “What the heck were you doing until then?” She crossed her arms with a knowing look. “Were you drawing again?”

“That and other things.” Danji shrugged casually.

Minyoung shook her head. “You’re impossible. You really are like your grandfather.”

Danji rolled her eyes. “Do not compare me to that old man. He’s more stubborn than I am.”

Minyoung opened to speak but paused. Her gaze shifted away from Danji, and her eyes began to sparkle. “He’s here!” Minyoung squealed happily.

*Who?* Danji looked back and saw Kang Uishik.

He was a junior just like they were.

However, while they were average students, he was a brilliant genius with an IQ of three digits. He was the smartest student in the entire school, so he was teased about it a lot, especially by Jonghoon. But then again, there was no one who Jonghoon left alone.

“Hey! Kang Uishik!” Minyoung happily waved. Danji raised an eyebrow in amusement. Minyoung’s huge crush on Uishik was obvious. Danji would not have been surprised if dense Uishik who had no idea about romance knew about her love for him, too.

Uishik looked up and blushed a whole new shade of red. He waved a timid hand in the air. “H-hey.”

Minyoung dragged Danji over to him. “Hey! How was your trip to Seoul?”

“It was good.” Uishik replied without meeting their eyes. He was a shy fellow who got queasy just being next to girls.

“You’re so lucky. I want to go to Seoul also. Last time, Danji and I went together, and it was amazing! I’m going to live in the city after high school.” Minyoung vowed with a sigh of wistfulness.

In contrast, Danji had not found Seoul that interesting. She wasn’t the city-girl type. She preferred small, cozy Malhwa, compared the loud, hectic Seoul life.

The first bell rang, and that was their cue to go in. The three of them headed into the building and went to the third floor where their homeroom was located.

“See ya later.” Minyoung winked and went to her assigned desk.

Danji sat at her own seat and pulled out her math workbook. She took out her pencil case and made sure all her pencils had been sharpened.

Some

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter