Please stay away

The Girl and The Wolf (Mate)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UOY-WsXkgTI

Davichi- Turtle

======================================

*God, this is pure torture. This is the most painful and humiliating punishment I’ve ever had to endure in my entire existence. How many more freaking hours do we have to be in here?* Luhan sulked in his desk.

Once the dismissal bell had rung, the tedious detention had begun. All ten of them were in the classroom, including Lay, Tao, Luhan, and Danji. They were all forbidden to listen to music, use their cell phones, and utter a word.

*God, humans are so wicked.* Luhan shook his head in disgust.

Luhan looked around the room. Jonghoon had long fallen asleep. Luhan wished to snap his neck so that he could never wake up again.

Lay was cheerfully tapping his fingers and bobbing his head. *What the hell is he so happy about?* Luhan wondered. He shook his head and looked at Tao who had been glaring at the clock ever since this torture had begun. *Hurry up! You stupid clock hands, move!*

Luhan warily turned his head and snuck a glance at Danji. She was calmly doing her math homework. *Is she still upset at me? I thought she would have come along, considering the fact that she tried to save me. Or at least I thought she would be grateful that I came to save her from getting pummeled by a jerk .*

Ever since they had come back to class after PE class, Danji had been wearing a cold, unfriendly mask. It was not as if she had been a chatterbox before, but he could feel her animosity stabbing at him.

Luhan sighed and sank into his chair. Detention might have been a little bearable if she had just given him the time of the day. But it seemed as if she had no intention of that at all.

The long hand on the clock shifted to the 12.

The teacher who had been supervising detention shut her book. “You may go.” She released in a monotone voice.

*Finally!* Luhan rejoiced.

Jonghoon shot a hateful glare at him before stalking out with his friends.

Danji shut her book and began to pack up.

Tao and Lay looked at Luhan. Their eyes flitted to Danji, and they gave him a questioning look. Luhan had no idea what to do either. They shrugged and left, promising to meet him back at their cabin.

Luhan turned towards Danji. He cleared his throat extra loudly. She did not even glance his way.

Danji zipped up her backpack, slung it over her shoulder, and walked past him as if he was invisible.

Luhan opened his mouth, but she had left already. Puzzled, he scratched his head. *What the hell was that? Did I do something wrong? I clearly remember trying to save her. Twice, too. God damn it. Why do human girls have to be so complicated?! And why on earth does one have to be destined to be my mate?!* Luhan smacked his forehead with a sigh. He could tell he was going to be stuck at Malhwa for a while.

*No.* Luhan opened his eyes and frowned in determination. He was going to straighten things out tonight.

----------------------------

Danji talked on the phone with Minyoung as she boiled jasmine tea for her grandfather.

“So, how was detention?” Minyoung coolly asked when she was actually starving for some juicy gossip.

“The answer is obvious: boring.” Danji replied.

“Boring?!” Minyoung exploded. “How could detention possibly be boring?!”

Danji raised an eyebrow. “Excuse me?”

“Oh, come on! You were in detention with three of the luscious hotties! Something must have happened.” Minyoung urged her to tell.

“Hmmm…” Danji tapped her nails on the counter in thought. “Well…I did my homework.”

Minyoung sighed, “You’re impossible, Choi Danji.”

“Look, next time I happen to get detention, you can gladly take my spot. God, it’s all his fault. If not for him, I would not have gotten into trouble.” Danji mumbled unhappily.

“Hey, look on the bright side. You got to be in detention with hot guys.” Minyoung stated optimistically.

“So you keep telling me, but I don’t know what you are talking about. And I probably never will. I should go. See you tomorrow.” Danji hung up. She picked up the tray and headed to the studio, where her grandfather was still working on one of his projects.

Danji placed the tea tray on the table and poured some tea into a cup. “Here, grandpa.” He put the carving knife down and looked at the tea. He was crestfallen. “Where’s my beer?!”

She rolled her eyes. “No beer. Just tea.”

“Wicked girl.” Her grandfather muttered. Begrudgingly, he sipped the tea. “You drink some, too. I can’t finish the entire damn teapot by myself. If that had been some rice wine…”

Danji shook her head but smiled. She poured herself a cup and sat beside him on a smaller stool. Her grandfather took his glasses off and rubbed his tired eyes.

Danji worriedly looked at him. “Are you okay, grandpa?”

“Just spiffy.” He put his glasses back on.

“You should take a break.” She advised.

“Pfft. Breaks are for old people.’ Her grandfather scoffed.

Danji raised an eyebrow. “And you are…?”

“Don’t mock me. Go to bed and sleep. You want to get up in time for school tomorrow, don’t you?” Her grandfather asked.

“Yeah, I will. You go to bed, too.” Danji stated. She left the studio and headed to the kitchen. She saw that the garbage bag was filled already. *I better take that out before the rats come.* Danji tied up the trash bag, slipped her shoes on, and stepped out into the nipping forest air.

It was chilly for a night in September. Danji exhaled, and she could see her breath. *It’s cold.* Shivering, Danji hurriedly dashed to the garbage cans. Humming, she discarded the trash bag.

*There she is. It’s a good thing I waited.* He started walking towards her.

Out of nowhere, Danji heard footsteps approaching her. Eyes wide, she whirled around. She was shocked to actually find someone there this time.

Luhan stood just a few feet away from her. He was still in his school uniform. For a while, neither spoke. They just stared at each other. He trapped her with his eyes, and she seemed unable to move.

Danji mustered up the courage to speak. “W-what are you doing out here?”

“I…”

“I’m your wolf, and you’re my mate. We’re supposed to fall in love. I’m already head over

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter