Don't Go

The Girl and The Wolf (Mate)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWgtyH5czEI

A Walk To Remember OST: The Kiss

===========================================

A couple weeks had passed since the dreaded arrival of the Bangtan Boys.

They would not leave Danji alone. They always found some way to either bother her or hurt her.

Luhan and the rest of his pack did their best to protect her from their evildoings. Luhan made sure to pick her up every morning. He stayed close with her during all the classes and break times. Once school was over, he would take her back home. Whenever she had to leave her home, he would her, and he made sure that she was never left alone during the night.

Luhan did everything he could do to protect her, and Danji was sick of his presence and…secretly grateful.

Deep in her heart, she was glad he was there and appreciated his never-tiring efforts to keep her safe. She just would never admit that out loud.

Truthfully, Danji was only sick of him because she was a big coward who did not want to acknowledge that she had fallen in love with a werewolf. The idea was absurd, and she was sure if she told anyone, they would certainly check her into a mental ward. But it was the truth.

Every day, she found herself falling deeper for Luhan. She didn’t know how to confront her feelings though, so she was stuck in the same, stubborn spot for now.

It was another abnormal Friday. Another rough day had passed where J-Hope had tried to push her down the stairs and Jungkook had whacked her head with a basketball that almost snapped her neck in half.

Danji gripped onto the straps of her backpack. Biting her lower lip, she dared glanced back. Luhan was walking behind her. He seemed to be deep in thought about something. She could not read minds, so she had no idea that he was thinking about her.

*On one hand, I want Danji to be safe more than anything. But on the other hand…a selfish part of me wants the Bangtan Boys to never leave. That way…I’ll always be able to be with her.* Luhan lowered his head with a heavy sigh.

Danji moved her head forward again and lowered her head with a quiet sigh. *I want to say how grateful I am to him…but I don’t know how to put it without giving him or myself any hope.*

Soon, they had approached her cabin. Danji faced him with her gaze solidly glued to the ground. She kicked the toe of her sneakers in the earth. “I…um…”

Luhan waited in anticipation for her to say anything. He longed for the chatty, sarcastic Danji to come back. But she wimped out and mumbled a “goodbye” before running off.

Luhan sighed with deflated shoulders. He walked backwards and disappeared amongst the trees. Danji peeked out and looked out the window. Her wary expression softened into an apologetic one. “I’m…sorry…” She whispered sincerely.

“What are you looking at?” Her grandfather suddenly appearing in the room made her jump and spin around.

“N-nothing.” Danji stammered, heart beating rapidly. He was too busy packing his bag to notice her nervousness. Confusion crossed her face. “What’s going on, grandpa?”

“I’m going to Seoul.” He replied as he zipped his bag.

Her face fell. “Again?! B-but you went last week!” Honestly, she didn’t want him to leave. She didn’t want to be home alone, especially in the midst of a crisis.

“I know, but I have to go. A good friend of mine passed away. I need to say a proper goodbye so that he doesn’t haunt me in my dreams.” Her grandfather joked, but she saw a shadow across his face. His friend’s accident had been no accident. The old man had died by one of their vengeful attacks.

Danji now felt bad for only thinking about herself when her grandfather was having just as a hard time as she was. “Do you want me to help you pack anything?” She asked softly.

“I just need my toothbrush packed along with a few socks.” Her grandfather said.

Danji put her backpack down and quickly found what he needed. She packed the soap, toothbrush, and toothpaste in a small case and located clean socks and underwear. “Here you go, grandpa. Don’t forget to take your medication. Don’t drink too much, okay?”

“Yes, mam.” Her grandfather saluted. He swung his bag over his shoulder and headed to the door. “Make sure you lock the doors and windows tightly at night.”

You bet I will, Danji thought with a glance towards the window. Hopefully, the coyotes were not preying on her at this moment.

Her grandfather finished tightening the laces of his boots and turned to her. “I won’t be back until Monday. If you need anything, call the neighbors. You can stay with Minyoung, if you want.”

“Don’t worry about me and go.” Danji assured.

Her grandfather patted her head before heading out.

Danji watched him go. She thought his shoulders appeared heavier than before. “Have a safe trip.” Danji whispered.

------------------------------

That night, there happened to be a terrible storm.

Lightning struck. Thunder rumbled. Rain pelted against the windows as the wind rattled them.

Just great, Danji thought. She looked towards her window and bit her lip in anxiousness. *Is Luhan really out there? What if the coyotes decide to come here tonight?*

Just when she thoughts things couldn’t get any worse, it did.

The lights suddenly shut off, and she was dunked into total darkness.

Danji looked up at the darkened lamp and sighed. “Seriously? How can things go any more downhill now?” She shut her book, placed it on the nightstand, and slid out of bed. Danji unlocked her bedroom door and opened it. She poked her head out.

After scanning the area to make sure nothing was out of place, she strode into the living room. Normally, she was not afraid of thunderstorms, but ever since fantasy had invaded her world, she had become paranoid of the dark. Her eyes soon grew accustomed to the pitch blackness.

Thunder clapped as lightning flashed, causing Danji to jump at least a foot into the air. She put a hand over her pounding chest to steady her frantic heartbeat. *You’re okay. You’re going to be okay. Don’t be afraid.*

Danji slipped into her fabric flats and grabbed her yellow umbrella from the shelf. She saw her grandfather’s long, green umbrella on the shelf and paused in worry. *I hope it’s not raining in Seoul.* Danji unlocked the front door and carefully opened it. She stepped outside and was met with a strong gust of wind that almost broke her umbrella.

Danji gripped firmly onto the umbrella. The rain poured over her umbrella, and her feet became soaking wet. Quickly traipsing through the mud, she hurried to the side of the cabin where the electric box was at. She opened it to examine the switches.

All of them were on, and she gave a small sigh in relief. *So it wasn’t any of the coyotes who were trying to trick me. There is a power outage. There’s nothing I can do then.*

Danji shut the box and turned to go in when she heard her front door slam loudly. She jumped and froze into a statue.

*What was that?!* Danji felt panic rising to .

Was it the coyotes?! Did they go into her house?!

Now she was petrified. Her knees wobbled, and her breath quickened. How was she supposed to go in now? Danji peered over the corner of the house and warily peeked at the front door. It was slightly open, and she trembled at the sight.

Suddenly, someone grabbed her arm from behind. Danji dropped the umbrella with a terrified scream. “Danji! It’s just me!” He claimed loudly. Her eyes shot open at the familiar voice.

As soon as she saw Luhan, relief exploded through her like a warm, welcoming hot chocolate. Her legs grew weak though, and she was on the verge of collapsing.

Luhan caught her waist just in time. “Danji, are you okay?! What’s wrong?! Did something happen?!” After hearing from Lay that Danji was out of her home, Luhan had quickly changed back into himself, wore the extra clothes he had brought, and had come to her immediately

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter