Protecting Her

The Girl and The Wolf (Mate)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NNq3DDpsrAc

Exo-M: What Is Love

=========================================================

On Sunday, Danji’s grandfather arrived safely. She was relieved and happy.

Sunday passed by fairly peacefully (except for little bickers between the two because of his unwise propensity to smoke and drink).

Still, Danji could not help but be wary when she went to bed that night.

What if she had another nightmare?

What if she woke up and saw Luhan again?

Or what if she was just out of her mind?

Fortunately, the night passed by uneventfully.

It was time for the school week to begin again. Danji woke up early this time. After washing, dressing, and eating a muffin and a banana, she took her backpack and walked towards school. The sun was already warm and high in the sky.

Danji walked in the path between the towering trees. Freshmen boys ran past her as they playfully shoved and tagged each other. Danji sighed and trudged forward. It was Monday, and suddenly, she felt very tired. Danji gripped her backpack straps with another distraught sigh. Her head dropped in a melancholy fashion, and she wished the school day was over already.

She heard a few low grumbles behind her and masculine laughter. Her ears perked up, and the hair on her back stood up. She had a feeling who was approaching her.

Danji heard a whistle behind her and dared glance sideways. Her heart rammed against her ribcage, and she tightened her grip on her backpack straps.

The wolves were on their way to school. Laughing and joking in Chinese, they headed towards the building.

Tao looked up and whistled. “Look who it is. Our future mei-mei.”

“Gongzhu.” Lay cooed.

Luhan turned his head and looked right at her. He saw her subtly glancing back, but it was obvious to him what she was feeling. *She’s confused about Saturday night. Damn. I should not have let her see me.*

“Come on.” Kris hurried everyone along. The wolves passed by Danji. Her eyes flickered upward, and she briefly met eyes with Tao.

Was it just her imagination, or had he just smirked at her? Her eyebrows pinched together in annoyance. *Whatever.* Danji shook her head. She looked up yet again. This time, she met eyes with Luhan. It seemed as if the world was in slow motion. Their eyes remained locked as he walked past her.

Luhan continued to look over his shoulder at her.

Danji gave him a curious look. *Was he really in my room that night?*

Lay slung his arm over Luhan’s neck. Luhan reluctantly tore his gaze away from her and walked away. “Come on, wang zi. You need to learn how to play hard-to-get. Make her pine for you.” Lay smirked.

*Speak for yourself. It’s hard when she belongs to me. I’m the one pathetically pining for her. This is stupid. Just like Tao says, I should just confess to her and get this over with.* Luhan scowled unhappily.

Danji greeted Minyoung, and the girls went to their lockers together. After meeting up with Uishik, they went to their classroom. Minyoung and Uishik entered without a problem, but Danji paused by the door. She lingered outside and peeked into the room.

Luhan was already at his desk and was casually reading a book. Yet, he knew. He knew she was waiting nervously outside while biting her lower lip and tapping the toe of her sneaker on the floor. *Just come in. I won’t eat you. I promise.* Luhan swore.

Danji sighed. *This is stupid. I shouldn’t have to hide. This is my school, and that is my seat. I deserve to come in.* Standing a little taller, she made her way to her desk. Danji cleared loudly on purpose and made a ruckus as she pulled out her notebook and pencils.

From the corner of her eye, she observed him.

Strange, Danji thought, He isn’t doing anything. He had not even looked at her.

Curiously, Danji peered at him.

*He’s so mysterious. I want to ask him many questions, but he’s just so intimidating.*

Luhan chose that particular moment to look up.

Danji gasped, and her eyes widened when their eyes locked once more.

*Got you.* Luhan thought. To her embarrassment, he did not look away. Instead, he looked deep into her eyes as if he was searching for answers. *Come on. Ask me. I know you have something you want to ask. Do it. Ask me, and anything will be yours.*

“Were you…?” Danji prompted.

Luhan slightly raised an eyebrow.

would not move, and no sound came out. *Wait. If I ask him if he was in my room Saturday night…and he wasn’t, then what the heck am I supposed to do? He’ll think I’m nuts for imagining about him. No, no. That won’t be good.* “N-never mind.” Danji turned forward again and sighed. “I’m crazy.” She muttered under her breath.

*No. Just mine.* Luhan thought with a smirk that tugged the corners of his lips.

Danji jolted when her desk was abruptly shoved to the side. She looked up to see Jonghoon heading towards his seat with a satisfied smirk.

Luhan didn’t hesitate to grab her textbook and chuck it at him.

Danji’s mouth fell open, and she was too shocked to do anything.

The textbook hit Jonghoon squarely in the head. “What the hell was that?!” He roared in both pain and irritation.

Tao raised an eyebrow in amusement. *All right. So there is some entertainment at this boring school.*

Jonghoon spun around and pointed accusingly at Danji. “You. You did it!”

“I-no-I-“ She struggled to explain that the crazy new boy had been the one to hit him.

“Bony, you are in big now.” Jonghoon strode towards her.

Minyoung’s eyes widened in fear that her best friend was in danger. “Danji-ah!”

Her eyes widened as he came closer and closer. *Shoot. I’m in trouble now.*

Luhan coolly shoved his hands into his pockets and set his foot on his desk. Then he shoved hard. The desk rammed into Jonghoon, and he crashed onto the floor. Everyone stared at him in shock.

Danji gaped at Luhan in alarm. *What is he doing?!*

“Just quietly sit at your desk…if you don’t want any more trouble of your own.” Luhan quietly,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter