Apology

The Girl and The Wolf (Mate)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DAi6wIilOWQ

Taeyeon: And One

===========================================

Luhan paced back and forth in front of the operation room. The operation light was on, indicating that the surgery was in the process. He rubbed his clammy palms together as his eyes flitted anxiously to the door every few seconds. *Please let her be fine. Please let her make it out alive. If she dies, I swear I’ll follow after her. I can’t let her go without letting her hear my apologies.*

“Sit down, Luhan.” Kris quietly commanded.

Luhan disregarded him and continued to walk up and down.

“He’s going to faint like that.” Lay whispered.

“You can’t knock some sense into him now. His mate’s life is on the brink of death. It’s only right that he lost his sanity.” Chen sighed.

“Now you’re being romantic?” Lay cracked a joke. No one laughed though.

Tao, who was sitting on the floor, covered his head as tears spilled down his face. *I don’t want to lose another mei-mei. Please don’t die. Please come out of that surgery room as perfectly as you were before.*

Xiumin came over and sat next to him. He wrapped his arm around Tao, and Tao cried in his embrace.

Kris suddenly couldn’t breathe. It was like reliving the past when Holly died- except she had died right away. There had been no time to take her to a hospital or even attempt to save her.

Kris got up and left the hall. He stepped outside and deeply inhaled and exhaled. He gripped onto the metal railing and tried hard not to let his tears spill. *I was never afraid of anything, but after you died, Holly, I became afraid of something. I’m scared of death. I can’t experience another death again. I’ll…I’ll fall apart, which I can’t do because I’m the god damn alpha of this pack. Oh God, Holly, I need you right now. I need you to tell me everything will be okay. I need you to give me courage.* Kris knitted his fingers together tightly and closed his eyes in prayer.

“How long has she been in there for?” Luhan asked tensely.

“…Four hours and fifteen minutes.” Chen answered.

“Why is she in there for such a long time?!” Luhan snapped.

“Surgeries take a while, Luhan.” Lay calmly answered.

Xiumin started, “Calm down. I’m sure she’s fine-“

Luhan spun around with icy blue eyes, “No! You don’t know that, do you?! Have you seen her?! No! So don’t tell me to calm down!”

Tension was thick in the air. No one dared say a word against Luhan.

Tao looked up to see the surgery light blink off. “Ge…”

Luhan turned around. His eyes widened. *The surgery ended!*

The doors split open. The wolves got up and walked over. The gurney rolled out, and they could see Danji lying there. Her left arm was in a cast and strapped firmly against her chest. She was deathly pale but still breathing. Luhan looked down at her with emotional eyes.

The surgeon pulled the white mask off. “The patient has lost quite a large amount of blood. We had to do two transfusions. Her arm was mended and located back into her shoulder. But it’s broken, so she’ll have to wear this cast for six weeks. What did you say she was attacked by again?” He raised a suspicious eyebrow.

“A coyote.” Lay replied honestly.

“Oh. I never knew they could be so brutal,” The surgeon scratched his head and then shrugged, “Anyways, she’ll have to stay here until she recovers. Right now, she needs her rest, so we will call you when you can visit her.”

“Thank you.” Lay bowed. Xiumin and Chen bowed while Tao wiped his tears away. Luhan just stood there, gazing softly at Danji. Lay tugged on his shirt, “Come on, Luhan. Let’s wait outside. You need a break, too.” Luhan let him be tugged away.

The wolves went outside where they reunited with Kris.

“Is she out?” Kris asked. Lay nodded, “They’ll call us when we can go in and see her.” “She made it out alive. That’s good. Now we’ll just have to wait until she recuperates.” Kris said.

Xiumin studied Luhan’s insipid face, “Now it’s your turn to rest, Luhan. Go have a seat. When was the last time you slept anyways?”

“I’ll get coffee.” Lay immediately volunteered. “I’ll help.” Chen left with him.

“Sit.” Kris motioned to the bench.

Luhan sank down with a sigh of relief. It was truly over now. The coyotes were gone for

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter