Taking one step closer

The Girl and The Wolf (Mate)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=inTMPAihWlI

Jung Yup- Why did you come now?

============================================

The sun drifted into the room and slapped Danji rudely in the face. She covered her face with a soft moan. *Oh God. It’s Monday. I hate Mondays.*

Then Danji recalled last night’s dramatic events.

“…I don’t want to follow your rules anymore. I’m done doing everything your way. Now…I’m going to do things my way.”

She sat up fast with wide eyes. Now she was fully awake.

Excitement rushing through her veins, Danji scrambled up and went to wash. She grabbed her backpack and dashed out of the house.

“Where do you think you’re going without any breakfast, young lady?!” Her grandfather called out. He checked the clock. *She’s not even late! In fact, she’s going earlier than usual! Her grandfather hurried to the door and looked out. “Hey-“

Danji was already riding her bicycle to school.

Her grandfather cocked his head in confusion. *Strange. It’s not every day she takes her bike.*

The adrenaline pumping through her made her cheeks flush red and warmly. She could not help but start to laugh. The wind felt amazing as it toyed with her hair and calmed her blushing face.

Minyoung spotted her and waved. “Hey!”

Beaming, Danji eagerly waved back. She dismounted her bicycle and made sure to lock it safely.

“What’s up? You rode your bike, and you’re not even late.” Minyoung observed.

“I just wanted to ride it today.” Danji linked her arm through her friend’s.

Minyoung blinked at her. “Whoa. You seem to be in a good mood.”

“I do?” Danji cocked her head.

Minyoung pointed at her with a mystified look. “Look at you! Playing all innocent!”

“What? You don’t make any sense.” Danji laughed. Smiling, she lightly bumped her shoulder against Minyoung. “Come on. Let’s go in.” After grabbing their books from their lockers, they headed to class. Danji stopped laughing and froze by the door.

Luhan was already in his seat. She had only seen the back of him when her heart started to palpitate. *Whoa…what is going on?* Startled, Danji put a hand over her thudding chest. This was not like her at all.

“Something wrong?” Minyoung asked.

“Huh? Oh. No. Nope. Everything is fine.” Danji meekly smiled.

“Okay then…” Minyoung scratched her head and headed to her seat.

Danji took a deep breath to calm down her pounding heart. *Don’t be scared or nervous. There is absolutely no reason to be reacting like this. He’s just your classmate. I don’t know why you’re behaving so irrationally.* She shook her head to get her head straight. Clearing softly, Danji walked over to her seat. She squeezed past Luhan to get to her desk.

To her surprise, he pulled out the chair for her.

Danji blinked. Luhan stopped reading his book and looked up at her. “Sit.”

The one word sent her heart spiraling. *Quit it!* Danji admonished her heart. With an uncertain look, she sat down. Swallowing hard, Danji tried to be cool and casual as she took out her belongings. She could not stop her shaking hands though.

Luhan raised an eyebrow and looked straight at her quivering hand.

Danji quickly yanked her hand away and hid it under her arm. *Stop it!* She slapped the top of her hand with a frown. Danji turned her head and froze when she caught Luhan staring at her. Then he did something oddly natural.

He smirked.

At her.

Luhan looked back at his book.

Danji wanted to hide in her backpack. Why was she being so embarrassingly shy?! *None of this makes sense.* Danji shook her head miserably.

*It’s okay. I feel confused but horribly attracted to you, too.* Luhan chuckled to himself.

Jonghoon swiftly entered the classroom with his friends. His head was still aching from drinking so much last night. Jonghoon saw Luhan and froze. He had a hazy flashback of encountering the new student last night.

Luhan curled his lips back with a growl, and his eyes flashed an icy blue.

Jonghoon swallowed the lump of fear rising in his throat. Had he been hallucinating last night, or had Luhan’s eyes actually turned blue? *Freak.* Jonghoon thought. Luhan felt his presence and glanced back. Jonghoon jumped under the penetrating stare. Uncomfortably looking away, he hurried to his desk. He was too busy running away from Luhan that he did not even dare give Danji any trouble. Luhan smirked. *This is the way things should be.*

After math, the juniors headed towards the science lab. Danji gathered her notebook, folder, and textbook and followed the rest of the students.

“I hate carrying all this.” Minyoung whined.

“We’re almost there- ah!” Danji yelped as she lost balance. Her books toppled over. They would have fallen to the ground if not for Luhan, who had smoothly caught them in time. Danji gawked at him as he carried her belongings to the science lab.

“You’re so lucky.” Minyoung envied.

*Not lucky. Just…shocked. So is this…doing things his way?* Danji wondered. She entered the lab to see her things had been neatly stacked at her table. Danji cast a curious glance towards Luhan who was sitting next to Lay. He turned his head to meet her eyes. She swiftly ducked her head. He chuckled. *Would it kill for you to just say thank you?*

Danji carefully raised her eyes again. Luhan grinned boldly at her.

Her cheeks reddened, and she looked away. *Is it just me, or is this room getting warmer?*

Fortunately, Danji was able to survive science class without blowing anything- including her heart- up.

During break, Danji went to use the restroom. After washing her hands, she slowly treaded back to class. Danji touched one cheek and pouted slightly. *I hope I’m not catching a fever. I’ve been feeling warm the whole day.* She turned the corner and bumped into a sturdy chest.

Danji bounced back and looked up. Her eyes grew round and froze in that abnormally large size. She could not move. Only her heart seemed to be frantically beating.

Luhan tilted his head slightly and gave her a small smirk that made a shiver run down her spine. “You okay?” He asked.

*No. I think I really do have a fever. My entire body is burning up now.* “I’m…fine.” She fibbed and tried to walk past him.

However, Luhan blocked her path. Danji cowere

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter