To be in love

The Girl and The Wolf (Mate)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lKFZvngVwKQ

Leann Rimes: I Need You

=====================================

Sopping wet, the seven of them came out of the river.

Danji dropped onto the soft earth. Tao shook his dripping body, and she was pelted with water droplets. “Tao!” Danji squealed. He trotted towards Kris who threw him a towel. Instantaneously, Tao changed into a human, caught the towel, and wrapped it around his body.

Luhan wrapped a towel around Danji and made sure she was warm. They went back to the cabin. Chen rushed inside, “I’m showering first!” “I get to use the second bathroom!” Tao hurried over, but someone shoved him away, and he landed flat against the wall. “Ow…” Tao moaned as he slid down.

“Go in.” Luhan gently pushed Danji inside and left her suitcase in there. He shut the door and shot Tao a scathing look, “Go inside, and expect your tail to be gone!”

Danji peeled her soaked clothes off and left them on the floor as she stepped into the shower. She the hot water, and she sighed in content. Danji thought back to all the good times they had for the past two days. She chuckled as her heart grew warm. Being with these wolves actually made her happy.

Yes, her whole life had been turned upside down, but it wasn’t in an entirely bad way.

After washing, Danji wore a clean, white shirt with a pale pink skirt. With her hair still damp, she left the bathroom so that the next person could use it quickly.

“My turn.” Luhan flashed a smile and went inside.

Danji rubbed her hair with the towel and sat on the couch. She could hear yelps and shouts coming from the other full bathroom. Danji chuckled. *They must all be fighting for the shower.*

“Hey, mei-mei! You smell extra nice!” Tao greeted cheerfully and took a seat next to her.

Danji laughed with a funny look, “Uh, that might be because I just took a shower?”

Tao the television and furiously rubbed his wet hair. “I won the race and finished the shower first! Ha!”

“That’s…good for you.” Danji chortled, thinking how strange he was.

Tao yawned and settled back against the couch as he watched the gag concert. Danji relaxed and watched the show with him until her eyes grew heavy.

When Luhan was done showering, he came out to see Lay taking a photo of something with Kris standing in the background with an amused expression. “What’s going on?” Luhan entered the living room and halted.

Danji and Tao had fallen asleep with their heads tilted towards each other.

“They’re sleeping.” Lay beamed, “Cuties.” He took the photos and went to search for the album.

Kris walked towards the couch. Luhan and Kris watched them sleep.

“Don’t be upset.” Kris said.

“I’m…not.” Strangely, Luhan meant it to.

“I think…he’s trying to replace… Holly.” Kris whispered.

Startled, Luhan stared at him. It had been a while since Kris had actually said her name. Usually mentioning her sent waves of searing pain to his heart. And it still did.

“You know he was close to her. He treated her like a sister, and she loved him as her didi, too. Tao never said it out loud…but when she died, it impacted him…almost as much as it impacted me. He always put on a cheerful façade, so we thought he was dealing with her death just fine. But inside, he misses her a lot. In some ways, Tao is stronger than me, than all of us.” Kris smiled softly.

Luhan squeezed his shoulder comfortingly. Now that he had found someone to cherish and protect, he knew exactly how Kris would be feeling right now. He never ever wanted to experience the pain first-hand though. Losing Danji would be heart-wrenching. Even death would be kinder than that.

“Take Danji to your room. I’ll wake Tao up.” Kris bent down and reached out to shake Tao, but Luhan stopped him. “Just leave them.” Luhan whispered. Kris paused then nodded. Quietly, they went into the kitchen.

“How about barbeque tonight? We could set up a bonfire in the back.” Xiumin smiled.

“Sure.” Kris nodded.

Luhan opened the refrigerator to find the meat. Kris, Chen, and Lay went to the back to set up the campfire. “It’s Danji’s last day here, huh?” Xiumin asked.

Luhan shut the refrigerator door with a sigh, “Yeah.”

“I feel like she’s been living here forever.” Xiumin commented.

Luhan chuckled, “Me, too.”

“Wouldn’t it be nice if she lived with us?” Xiumin smiled.

Luhan’s smile broadened, and he nodded. Just imagining it made his heart twirl with happiness.

“Someday, it will happen.” Xiumin patted his shoulder and left.

Luhan softened. *I hope so.*

Abruptly, Tao jolted awake. Danji fell over to the other side like a sack doll. With his quick reflexes, he caught her head. Smiling gently, Tao carefully laid her on the sofa. He placed her legs on the sofa, grabbed a fleece blanket, and slipped it over her. Then quietly, Tao treaded to the kitchen.

*Where did everyone go?* He heard voices outside and went out. He saw Kris, Xiumin, and Chen cooking the meat.

Luhan was making the fire. He looked up and saw Tao.

Tao immediately covered his head and ducked.

Luhan blankly stared at him, “What are you doing?”

Tao narrowed his eyes suspiciously, “I didn’t do anything, okay? I just slept. I was tired. The end of the boring story. Blah, blah, blah.”

Luhan did something. He shrugged. “Okay.”

Tao blinked and straightened up, “R-really? You’re not mad I was sleeping with Danji?”

Luhan gave him a look, “You didn’t sleep with her. You slept beside her, you fool. That’s not a crime.”

Tao smiled widely, “Really? That’s awesome. Maybe I should make it a habit!”

“Don’t push your luck.” Luhan warned, but he smiled.

Tao softened. He came over, “Ge ge?”

“Huh?” Luhan looked up at him.

“…Thanks.” Tao whispered.

Luhan softly nodded, “It’s nothing. I should be thanking you. You make her laugh a lot…like how you once made Holly laugh.”

“I’m the natural jester, all right.” Tao let out an awkward laugh as he rubbed the back of his neck.

Luhan lightly thumped his back, “You’re the mood maker.”

Tao smiled gratefully, “Thanks, ge. And I’m sorry if I upset you by being all touchy-feely with your mate.”

“Apology accepted.” Luhan lightly ruffled his hair. They laughed and chatted like the good friends they were.

At that moment, Danji woke up from her sweet nap. Eyes fluttering, she sat up. *Where is everyone?* Danji folded the blanket, placed it on the arm of the sofa, and went in search of the wolves. She found them laughing and chatting outside.

Danji wrapped her arms around herself and stepped out. The wolves stopped talking and looked up.

“Hi, mei-mei.” Lay sweetly smiled and waved.

Danji waved back.

Luhan immediately gravitated towards her. He qu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter