Don't Go

The Girl and The Wolf (Mate)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PrwxG1sCZaE

Exo-K: Don't Go

==========================================

The news of Danji’s admittance to the hospital spread fast. Her entire homeroom, except Junghoon and his jerk friends, had come to visit her with cupcakes and “get well” balloons.

Of course, Minyoung and Uishik visited. Minyoung stayed glued to Danji’s side. She refused to leave her injured friend alone. Minyoung came every day and entertained Danji with school gossip, celebrity magazines, and sweet candies.

Although Danji appreciated her best friend’s thoughtfulness, who she really wanted to be with her was Luhan.

Oddly though, Luhan was not around often. He came to check on her every day, but his visits were always cut short.

Danji wondered what the reason for that was and grew uneasy.

Did his feelings for her change? Did he somehow find her burdensome now?

She itched until the day she could finally leave the hospital.

-----------------------------

Luhan had come to a final decision about what to do. He had been planning this for six weeks. And yet, when it came time to do act upon his decision, he couldn’t do it. He just couldn’t leave her forever.

The thought of not ever seeing Danji made his heart weep. The air around him grew thick and pangs of pain ran throughout his entire body.

Would he survive? Would he be able to ever grow happy again?

Luhan closed his eyes and gritted his teeth in determination. *No. I must not grow weak now. Own up to your words. You have to go. It’s for her own good.*

“You don’t have to do this.” A voice said from behind.

Luhan’s eyes snapped open. Kris came up to him, “I don’t know why you’re forcing yourself to leave her. It’s like cutting out your own heart. Why would you want to do that?”

*I don’t want to. I have to.* Luhan swallowed the rising lump in his throat.

Kris softened. It was evident that Luhan was suffering. “Don’t do this, Luhan. The outcome is obvious. You’re going to be miserable.”

*Better me than her.* Luhan thought selflessly.

“Have you even thought about her position? Do you honestly think she wants you out of her life permanently?” Kris probed.

“She’ll want this, too. She made me promise in the beginning to leave her when this mess is over. Now that the coyotes were gone, I don’t have an excuse to stay.” Luhan whispered.

“You love her. If that’s not a logical reason, I don’t know what is.” Kris frowned in frustration. Sometimes, Luhan could be too altruistic for his good.

“I do love her. So much. That’s why I’m doing this.” Luhan stated.

Kris’s face fell, “Luhan, please, reconsider. Let’s stay a little longer. Danji is supposed to get out of the hospital today-“

That woke Luhan up. Firmly, he shook his head, “I made a decision, and I’m sticking to it.” Kris closed his mouth. He studied Luhan’s expression. It seemed as if the prince was just as stubborn as he was noble. Kris sighed, “Fine.”

“Is everyone packed and ready to go?” Luhan asked.

“Yeah…it’s your call when to go.” Kris quietly replied.

“Now.” Luhan said.

“Okay…I’ll tell them.” Kris went back inside.

Luhan scanned the scenery. He would miss everything about this place. When he first came to Malhwa, he had not planned to stay in such a shabby town. He had intended to make Danji his mate and whisk her out of here as soon as possible.

What a cocky jerk I was, thinking everything could work out so easily in my favor, Luhan thought. He looked around once more. Now that he was finally departing, he realized he had actually come to love Malhwa.

The nostalgia hit him so suddenly. He put a hand over his chest and doubld over. *I never realized this would be so difficult.*

Lay came out to the patio. When he saw Luhan’s poor condition, he ran over in alarm, “Luhan, what’s wrong-“

“I never meant for any of this to happen.” Tears filled his eyes as he gripped onto his chest. Luhan looked up at Lay for help. “I only wanted to come and claim what was rightfully mine. I just thought I would need her for my own benefits. I admit I was power hungry, too,” He whispered, “I never knew I would actually fall very deeply in love with her.”

Lay squeezed his shoulder, “Love is never intended. There’s nothing more elusive than love.”

*You’re right. You’re completely right. I never intended to make her my everything.* Luhan closed his eyes in pain.

Xiumin came out, “We’re going-“ He froze when he saw Luhan crying, “W-what’s wrong?”

Luhan straightened up and wiped his tears away quickly. “Nothing. We’ll go. Now.” He strode back into the cabin to retrieve his backpack. Xiumin and Lay exchanged concerned looks. Uncertainly, they went in also.

The wolves gathered their belongings and locked up the cabin for good.

Tao sadly looked at Kris, “Do we really have to leave?” “Luhan wants to go.” He replied. Tao sighed. *Just when I thought we had a place to call home, too.*

“Let’s go. We have a long way to go.” Kris led the pack.

One by one, the wolves said goodbye to their cabin and left.

Luhan lingered behind a little longer. *I had many good memories in this house. I’ll forever cherish them in my heart.* He lowered his head and walked away.

------------------------

“Don’t open your eyes, okay?” Minyoung warned.

“That would be impossible, considering your hands are tightly clamped over my eyes. Can’t you give my eyes a little oxygen?” Danji teased.

Minyoung rolled her eyes, “I can see you’ve recovered completely.”

Yes, thank God, Danji giggled. She tripped on a tree root, and Minyoung shot Uishik a sharp glare. “Be careful! Do you want her to go to the hospital again?! This time with a broken leg?!” “S-Sorry.” He stammered.

“Calm down. I’m fine.” Danji assured.

Minyoung and Uishik continued to lead her through the woods. Suddenly, they came to a halt.

“You ready?” She asked.

“…Is it something good? It’s not like some animal, is it?” Danji asked nervously.

Uishik grinned, “No. And it’s something very good.”

“Okay.” Danji nodded, trusting his judgement comp

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter