Chapter VIII

Dreams Do Come True

Meeting ended around midnight and you all were allowed to go back and rest to prepare yourself for your debut perfomance. You all have finally came a long way since you all were trainees. It took you all three years of training to achieve what you have and tomorrow would be the day that your dream is finally becoming a reality. You all decided to mingle around the company a while more before going back since Shimin wanted to spend some time with her boyfriend before everyone is busy with promotions. 

You took the lift to the highest level and walked to the stair case leading to the rooftop. You opened the door since it was unlock and walked outside. The breeze blew against your face and you looked at the city from where you were standing. 'So beautiful...' You were slowly taking in the night lights of the city that you were in. You have spent the past three years here and it's been a while since you went back home after you all were confirmed for debut. You took out your phone and went to the gallery and clicked on a picture of you and your parents. "Pa.. Ma.. I miss you so much..." you said softly, trying to hold back your tears. You held the phone close to your heart and closed your eyes. 

You suddenly heard someone walking up the stairs and you quickly wiped away the few drops of tears that were on your cheeks, pretending that nothing had happened. "Being emo again?" that person said in English. Well, it could only be one person.

"Of course not." you replied. "How do you know I'm here?"

"I know you well enough," he replied, standing next to you. "It's beautiful isn't it? The night view of Seoul." You nodded.

Kris turned around and leaned against the short wall. "Excited?" he turned and looked at you.

"For the showcase? Yeah..." you said. 

"You don't sound very excited."

"I'm just.. nervous. What if I don't perform up to standard? What if I say something wrong during the interview?" you said.

Kris placed his arms around you shoulder and pulled you closer to him. "Don't worry, I have faith in you. You were great during rehearsal and I know you'll shine on that stage tomorrow." he said looking into you eyes and smiled. He stretched out his other hand and pulled you into a hug and you froze at what he did. 

"Yifan ge..." you gasped as you looked at him.

"Let's just stay like this for a while... Please?" You nodded. You slowly wrapped your arms around his waist and placed your head on his chest, listening to his heartbeat. 

"Are you gonna be there tomorrow?" you asked.

"Not sure. Depending on what time my schedule ends," he replied. "I know some of them wants to go too. We'll see how everything goes."

"Okay.."

Kris placed his finger on your chin and lifted your head. "You'll be fine." he said slowly leaning closer to you. You slowly closed your eyes and so did he. You could feel both your breath on each other's lips. 

"Kris hyung!" someone shouted just when both your lips were about to touch. You both opened your eyes and let go of each other.

"What?" Kris said in a stern voice.

"Manager hyung wants us to practice one last time. Oh.. Hi Enjing.." Chanyeol waved at you awkwardly realising he was interrupting something. "Urm.. I'll go back first then.." 

Kris let out a long sigh and looked at you embarassed. "So... you want to sit in for our practice?" he asked.

"Sure. Since I not going back yet." you said and headed down to the practice room.

"Park Chanyeol..." Kris cursed in his head.

"Are you going to kill Chanyeol?" you asked, breaking the silence between he both of you.

"What?" Kris was stunned at your question.

"I mean... he kinda ruined what you were planning to do.." you laughed out.

"He's gonna get it from me." he replied. "Are you upset that it didn't happen?" Kris teased.

"What?! No!" you exclaimed and walked towards the practice room quickly to hide your embarrassed face and Kris followed behind, laughing.

---

"Enjing noona~!" Sehun ran up to you when you walked. "Why are you here?"

"Cause I missed you," you said,slapping his arm jokingly. "I here to watch my sunbaenims and get motivated for my showcase tomorrow."

"Then watch carefully while sunbae show you how it's done." Sehun replied patting your shoulder. You laughed and push his hand away.

"Yes sunbaenim." you bowed and walked away leaving Sehun there laughing at what you said.

You sat in one corner with their manager while they got into their formation. They danced to Growl which they were going to promote in a few days and you sat there and watch, stealing glances at Kris sometimes. They practiced both the Korean and Chinese version since their formation were different.

"Great job guys!" you cheered after they finished their practice. 

"You saw that? I was cool right?" Sehun said walking towards you.

"Yeah. I'm in love with the dance. You have to teach me one day." you said.

"I'll teach you." Kris said walking over.

"You?" both Sehun and you said at the same time, breaking into laughter shortly after.

"What? I did pretty well too right?" he said looking at you.

"Well.. not bad.." you said, trying to .

"Oh come on, I saw you checking me out the whole time while I was dancing." Kris teased.

"Wu Yifan!" you punched his arm.

"The two of you seriously.."Sehun commented. "Just get together already."

You hung out with the boys a while more before you got a call from Shimin asking if you were still around and saying that she's good to go. You said your goodbye and headed to the door.

"All the best for tomorrow!" a few of the boys shouted. You thanked them and left the practice room.

---

GEMS woke up at 8 in the morning and headed down to the company to meet up with the producation team for your showcase. Everyone gathered the necessary item and headed down to the venue for the showcase. You saw there were already quite a number of fans waiting outside the venue. You all alighted from the car and smiled at the fans while walking in.

You all had a final stage run to recap the rundown of the show and tested the sound and lighting system to make sure everything was in place. After you were all done with stage run, you all headed back stage for hair and makeup. There were camera crew going around to film you all for the behind the scene footage. 

"Oh! Annyeonghasaeyo!" you stood up and bowed. It was Shindong, who is the emcee for your showcase. You guys were overjoyed and honoured to have Super Junior to be the emcee of your debut showcase. He encouraged you all and went to his waiting room to prepare as well. It was one hour before the show. You went out to the corridor to call your parents. You told them that your dream is finally coming true and you're going to perform in an hour's time. Your tears fell while talking to your parents.

"Do your best baobei. We know you can do it! We love you very much." your dad said. Your tears fell even more when you heard that.

"I love you too." you said before ending the call. You turn around and saw your manager behind you. 

"You okay?" he asked.

"Yeah. I just got emotional talking to my parents." you replied. He lead you back into the changing room for you to touch up. You sat on the couch trying to relax when you received a text from Kris. You opened up and saw a selca of him and a message.

###

Hey kid. We're still having out schedule so I'm not sure if we can make it. It's not long till you guys are gonna perform so.. all the best! Remember what I said, you can do it. You will shine on that stage. I'll be looking forward to the good news! Jiayou! (:

###

You smiled. You took a selca of yourself and replied him.

###

Xiexie (thank you) Yifan ge! I'll do my best and make you proud! ^^ Look forward to my good news then!

###

---

"15 more mins girls!" your manager shouted. You gathered your members and encouraged each other. You did your cheer and headed backstage. The lights dimmed and you heard screams of the fans in the audience which made your heart beat even faster. Your showcase VCR played and you all stood on the platform. Your platform started to rise and you can hear the intro of your song playing in the background. 'This is it' you thought to yourself. 'Showtime'

 


Chapter 8! (: I have something interesting in mind but I don't know if I should include it in they story anot. I think the fic might over shoot 10 chapters! O: I'm thinking of doing a plot twist but idk if I should.. Hmmm.. Anyways enjoy reading! :D I had to talk about Growl's choreo cause I love ti too much. xD

The boys having their comeback stage today! Have you seen their new hair colours? Tao wih turquoise hair, Luhan with purple, Kai with grey and Sehun with super bright red hair! O: Kris' hair got even lighter but somehow, he looks really good in blonde. :P