Chapter X

Dreams Do Come True

'I'm not your girlfriend anyways...' That sentence kept replaying in Kris' mind. 'Enjing ah.. I'm sorry. I'll make you mine soon...' 


You have been lying in bed for the past hour and you couldn't sleep. You sat and and pressed the lock button of your phone to check the time. It's 2:30am. You were tired but the moment you shut your eyes, whatever happened in the day just kept replaying. Just then your phone virbrated with a message from Kris.

(A/N: Blue - Kris Red-Enjing/you)

###

Hey, still awake?

###

Yeah. Can't seem to fall asleep

###

I was wondering if you want to meet me by the river? I need to talk to you

###

You hesitated at his reply. 'Should I?' you thought. 

###

Okay. I'll see you there in 15 mins then.

###

You got out of bed quietly and changed into your leggings and a over sized hoodie. You carried your bicycle down and cycled your way to the river which was in between you and Exo's dorm. The night breeze was really cooling and there weren't much people on the streets. You reached the river and it seems like Kris wasn't there yet. You parked your biked and stood by the railing, enjoying the night breeze. 

From the corner of your eye, you saw someone cycling towards your direction. The bike stopped next to you and the person got off. Who else could it be besides Kris. He walked next to you and leaned on the railing so he could see your face. Both of you just stood there in silence for the next few minutes, just enjoying each other's presence. 

"So what's up?" you broke the silence. 

"I have something that has been bothering me for quite sometime and I need someone to talk to," he replied.

"Go on, I'm listening." you said, turning your head to look at him. 'How can he look so good even when he's wearing casual clothes..' you thought. Similar to you, he was wearing a hoodie with track pants but you could see his sharp jaw line standing out from the hood.

"Hannah." He said. "Her name is Hannah, the girl you saw at the restaurant."

"Oh." you replied. Your heart sank when you realise he was talking about her. 'So he asked me out to listen to him talk about her?! Seriously..'

"She was my first love. She was my junior in high school and we knew each other through the basketball team. We weren't close but everyone told me that she had a crush on me. I didn't really like her until she approached me one day to ask me to coach her in math and slowly we got closer and I started to have feelings for her. We started dating after knowing each other for a year." 

You just stood there listening, trying to hide any emotions that you have. "Oh." You said not knowing what to answer. 'Why is he telling me all these...'

"It was all going really well until I caught her cheating on me with my teammate." he paused. "I was devastated so I broke up with her."

"Wasn't it difficult..." you said. Kris looked at you with a confused look. "Difficult to forget her since everyone says that your first love is the most memorable and the most painful one.." you looked at the floor, not wanting him to see the tears slowly forming at your eyes.

"It was... it took me a while to forget her until I met somone." he continued. "I went for SM's audition few months after that and got casted eventually. I was still trying to forget her when I came to Korean but I guess the trainings and that person made me forget about her eventually."

"Oh... Well she must mean a lot to you then.. that person..." you said.

"She does." he replied. "I don't think I'll be who I am today without her constant support. She was a shy kid when I first saw her but after I got to know her, I got attracted to her personality. She never put on a mask in front of anyone and was constantly pushing herself to another limit. She was always had this strong and tough personality in front of her fellow trainees but I know inside, she needed someone to protect her too and I want to be the one protecting her." he paused.

You felt a drop of tear falling down your cheek. You were devastated. The person you loved the most was complementing another girl in your face and all you felt like doing was to walk away and cry. 

"Why don't you tell her then? I'm sure she'll be overjoyed to have someone like you." you said and looked at him with a forced smile.

"I am." he said.

"Oh. That's good." you heart sank even more knowing that he was going to confess and that person is probably not going to be you.

Kris walked in front of you and put both his hands on the railing, locking you in between them. "I've been holding this in for too long but after what happened today, I decide that I should tell you how I feel." he paused and looked at you lovingly in the eye. "You were the one that got me out of my emotional state. I was cold, distant but it never stopped you from talking and hanging out with me. I don't know when it started but I started to have feelings for you. Really strong feelings. I can't help but want to protect you from anyone and anything. I like how we can have comfortable silence and know what each other is thinking about. I like the way you blush when I tease you. Enjing ah, I love you."

You were shocked at all the things he said. You didn't know how to respond. Your tears fell and you broke into a smile. "You idiot..." you said, wiping the tears away from your face. Kris placed one of his hands on your waist and pulled you in to him and wiped your tears with his other hand. "Sorry it took me so long to tell you. But after what happened today, I don't think I want to drag this anymore. Will you be my girlfriend?" he asked. The question that you have been waiting for.

You looked up at him and took a step back from him. You looked down at the floor and shook your head. Kris was shocked at your action. "Why..." he asked walking up to you. You looked up at him and gave him and smile. "Of course I will be your girlfriend benben, I was joking with you!" you stuck out your tongue at him and started running away from him.

"You're so dead when I catch you," he said running after you. It was effortless for Kris and he caught you almost immediately and held you tightly in both his arms. "You can never run away from me." he said.

"I love you yifan ge." you said, wrapping your arms around him.

"I love you too." he said and he leaned in and kissed you on the lips. "Maybe you should take the 'ge' away from now."

"Yifan? Yifan? Wu Yifan?" You said it repeatedly and you could see that he really liked it.

You spent the next two hours sitting by the steps talking with your fingers intertwined togther and you lying on his shoulder. You wanted the night to go on forever. Just you and him sitting by the river and enjoying each other's presence.

"I think we need to head back soon," you said. "It's already 5 and you have schedule tomorrow. You need sleep." You looked up at him and he nodded. You both cycled to the traffic light and stopped.

"Bye Yifan." you said. "Get some sleep if not the boys are going to have a hard time waking you up later."

"Alright I know." he said. He leaned and gave you a quick peck on your lips. "Goodnight baby." he said and waited for you to go off before him cycling off.

It was 5:30 when you reached your dorm and you went back to your room quietly and slept.

---

"Duizhang wake up!" Lay shouted. "You're gonna be late!"

Kris groaned and pulled his blanket over his head. "Yi fan ge!" Lay shouted and pulled the blanket of Kris. He groaned again and sat up with an irritated expression. "Can't I sleep a while more?" he said walking down from his bed and headed to the bathroom.

"Why are you so tired?" Chanyeol asked when they were in the car heading to SM.

"Cause I didn't get enough sleep." Kris said with his eyes closed.

"Didn't you sleep the same time as us?" Chanyeol replied but Kris kept quiet, trying to catch a bit of rest before practice starts.

---

"What?! It's 12pm already?!" you sprang up from your bed and went out to the living room to see your memebers getting ready to leave. You washed up and grabbed your stuff and headed off to SM for self practice. After a few hours of practice, you all decide to have dinner especially you since you didn't have anything the whole day and you were already having gastric. 

"Hey have you guys eaten?" Xiumin said walking into the practice room you were in.

"No we were just about to." Miko replied.

"Want to join us? We're gonna order chinese food," Xiumin said and you all nodded.

"Enjing ah are you alright? You don't look too good." Xiumin said, looking concerned.

"I'm fine. I'm just having gastric cause I haven't eaten the whole day. Plus I guess cause I didn't get enough rest." you replied, with both your hand pressing on your stomach.

Xiumin took your orders and got you all to go over to where Exo was so that everyone could eat together when the food comes. The boys were seating around and some were practising their steps. You walked in and went to sit down in one corner. You sat with your knees up and rested your head on your knees with your hands still on your stomach. Your gastric would get really bad when you go without food for a long time and you felt like you were going to pass out from the pain. 

"Are you alright?" you felt someone putting his hand over your shoulder and it. You turned your head and saw your boyfriend seated next to you with a concerned look on his face.

"Just gastric." you said, not wanting him to worry.

"You look really pale. Are you sure you're fine?" He placed his hands on your face and it. You held his hand which was on your face with your and nodded to assure him that you were alright.

"Anyways," Kris said, taking something out from his pocket. "I got these a while ago and I was planning to give it to you." It was a bracelet with a charm on it. "I've got one too." he said, pointing to the braclet on his wrist. You took a closer look and saw what was on the charm, 'until eternity'. "That is how long I will love you." Kris whispered into your ear, making you smile. 

"Why are you so mushy." you replied lightly hitting him on him arms. You stretched out your right hand and he helped you put the braclet on.

The food came shortly and everyone sat in a circle to have dinner. You only ate a mouthful because you didn't have the appetite because you went on an empty stomach for too long, and stress was also causing you to lose your appetite slightly. You both continued with your seperate practices after dinner. It was exceptionally tired because it was 2 more days till your debut stages and you had to perfect everything so the choreographer were extremely strict with you all, making you all start again and again whenever there was a slightest mistake.

Everything ended at 12 am and you all were given 5 mins to rest and pack up before having going down to meet your manager. You sat in one corner with your eyes closed trying to get some rest but you head was throbbing and stomach was hurting like mad. 

"Unnie let's go." you heard Gayeon saying and you nodded. You opened you eyes and everything around you was spinning. You stood up slowly and it got worse. You slowly made your way to the door but everything seems to become blur. "Unnie are you okay? Unnie!!!" you heard your members say but you couldn't make up who it was.

"Yeah.. I'm..." before you could finish, everything went blank.

---

Exo ended their practice and were resting in the room.

"Woah this is crazy. I think my injury is going to act up again." Kai said, rubbing his waist. Suddenly, there was a loud thud coming from another room.

"What was that?" Sehun asked. The boys shrugged it off thinking that something might have fallen in another room. Just then, Miko and Gayeon slammed the room door open.

"Oppa help!" Gayeon shouted, trying to catch her breath. The boys all looked at her, wondering what happened. "Enjing unnie.." Miko said. Kris' eye widen when he heard your name.

"Enjing unnie fainted!"

 


New update! :D Sorry for the long wait guys! You guys are finally together~! *throws confettii" Hope you liked this! I'll try to update another chapter tomorrow before I go on holiday for 4 days! D: Won't want to keep you all in suspense but if I can't I'm really sorry! D: Enjoy~