Chapter XXVII

Dreams Do Come True

Kris felt his heart sink when he heard what you said. He still couldn't understand how you can be so calm when he know that you are breaking down inside.

"Maybe we're really not meant to be..." You said softly, avoiding his eyes. You didn't want to believe that this was the very end of the both of you. You loved him so much that it hurts to see him being with someone else. "So I guess this it is?" You looked up at him. He didn't understand what you mean, or maybe he chose not to.

"This is what?" Kris said.

"The end of us...." You murmured. Kris let out a heavy sigh and ran his hand through his hair. This was not the ending the both of you wanted. Neither of you can bear the thought of leaving each other but there isn't anything else that you could do.

"Enjing," Kris said, taking your hand into his, "what if one day, we have the chance to get back together, are you still willing to come back to me?"

'Of course I would, silly!' "Yifan-"

"Yes or no."

"Yes." You replied. Kris' lips curved up to form a slight smile. Your answer gave him the assure that he needed. "But will that day ever come?"

"It will, trust me." 'One day, you'll be mine again...'

---

You were quite glad that your busy promotion schedule made you have lesser time to see Kris because you didn't know how to face him. As valentines approaches, Gems was asked to record a valentine's day special for Beatle's Code. It was quite nerve wrecking cause it was your first talk show and there were a few Beast members on the show as well. Since it was a valentine's special, the topic was mostly around love and relationships. The hosts started asking Beast questions first cause they were more senior while you and your members watched by the side, mentally preparing answers for the questions they would ask. 

"Now, we shall move on to the hoobaes..." Shindong said. "We shall start with... the leader, Enjing-ssi."

"Yes?" You were shocked that he called you first but it was kind of expected.

"Tell us a little more about your ideal type." He prompted.

"Uh.. Someone tall, above 180cm, sharp features urm..."

"Can dance?" One of the MCs interupted.

"That's a plus point."

"Rap?"

"Uhmmm.."

"Cute?" Another MC cut you off before you could answer the previous one.

"I prefer cooler looking guys. Like those that have a really cold outer appears but are actually very warm and chatty when you know them well enough."

"Ahh... Sounds like someone I know.." Shindong said. 

"Who? Who?" The fellow MCs repeated a few time.

"Someone from a band that has been really popular lately." He said, you were almost sure what he was going to say. "Exo's Kris!"

"But I think Kris don't fit the cute criteria... Sounds more like Chanyeol-ssi" The other MC added.

You broke into an awkward smile, looking at your members and at the other guests of the show trying to see if anyone is going to say anything to break the awkard situation. Instead, you heard loads of 'ohh~' coming from the other guests and MCs. 

"So Enjing-ssi, how do you find Kris-ssi?" One of the MCs asked. 

"Urm..."

"Or do you prefer Chanyeol-ssi?" Shindong added.

"Why are you blushing?" Beast's Dongwoon added, causing another up roar among the guests and MC

"Both sunbaes have been taking very good care of me, and I'm very thankful for that." You replied, with the safest answer you could think of.

"Ayy~ That's not the answer we are looking for!" Shindong probed. "So if you had to choose one, who will you choose?"

"Mmm.." You paused for a while. "Shindong sunbaenim?" 

"Wah! Good choice!" Shindong laughed, you were glad you were able to come out with the answer, not only it didn't put you in an awkward situation, it added a laughing point to the show as well.

---

You have been busy for the past week. Other than the beatles code recording, you needed to pre-record your stages for the music shows and rehearse for the next SMTOWN concert. Sometimes you really wonder if it was worth doing these but the moment you stood on stage, it hit you once again why you wanted it so badly.

It was a noon flight to Japan so you could sleep in late. You had lunch before heading out to the airport. When you arrived, you saw a group of boys crossing the road, walking into the departure hall with huge amount of fangirls swamping around them. Your manager waited for the situation to get better before instructing you all to alight. There wasn't much as fans swamping around you all but there were still a few would stood closer to take pictures but it was all good. There was a jam infront cause by the over passionate fangirls wanting to see their oppas and you manager had to help keep them away from the boys infront of you all. You were a little grumpy because of the noise level and mostly because you didn't have enough sleep. However you were rather amused by Miko, who was super chatty today most likely because she gets to go back to Japan after such a long time.

It was rehearsal shortly after you all have placed your things in the hotel room. Tokyo Dome was HUGE. It's like the dream stage of every artiste to be able to stand there and perform. Everything went well, even your rap performance with Kris and Chanyeol. It was quite awkward because of the situation between you and Kris but you both made it through with the help of Chanyeol.

Everything seemed like a routine and it's already the performance day. You were on standby backstage as the starting VCR played. You were nervous because it was your first time performing your songs in Japanese and you were afraid you would forget and screw up the lyrics. Soon it was your turn to be up. You all did the cheer you always did before going up and stepped on the platform. Everything went well, even better than you expected because of the warm response of the fans there. Even though you were a rather new group, it seems like you were already quite popular there. After leading the group's introduction, you left most of the talking to Miko, obviously, since she is Japanese and from the looks of her face, she really love the feeling of being back home. Who doesn't?

"Ready?" Chanyeol said, leaning by the door. You scaned the space behind him but you didn't see the other tall figure. "He is touching up." He must have known who you were looking for.

"Oh. Yeah I'm good. Let's go."

"Uhm En.. Enjing..." Chanyeol stuttered a little, seeming a little nervous.

"Hmm?"

"Are you free later? As in like after we go back to the hotel and stuff."

"Should be. Why?"

"Urm.. I've got something to tell you." He rubbed the back of his neck. "Anyways I'll go and find you later."

Your raised a brow and looked at him, wondering what he was up to. Not thinking much about it, you headed to the side stage to stand by and Kris joined you. Chanyeol was at the other side so it was just you and him.

"All the best." He said, placing his hand on your shoulder. You didn't flinch which was not what Kris expected. He thought you would reject all kinds of physical contact with him but instead, you were okay with it.

"You too." You replied, patting his hand that was on your shoulder. 

'It's a good sign...' Kris thought, unknowingly smiling to himself.

---

The concert ended really well and you were back to the hotel to rest. You were fiddling with your ipad when your doorbell rang. You answered the door and it was Chanyeol, greeting you with his perfect smile. "Free now?" He asked. You nodded your head and he suggested to bring you somewhere. He brought you to the lounge by the poolside. Since it was rather late, the place was almost empty. 

"So what's up?" You asked. Chanyeol seemed really odd. He kept playing with his hands and avoiding eye contact with you.

"Erm.." He hesitated. "There's something that I have been wanting to tell you." He took in a deep breathe and turned his body slightly facing you. "I've been keeping this inside for quite some time and I think it's time for me to say it out."

"Go on, I'm listening." You answered, also slightly shifting your position so you could face him.

"You see, I've been liking this girl for quite sometime now... I've know her for really long and I never thought my feelings towards her would grow so much. It really pains me to see her not being her usual self after going through such a huge heartbreak." He paused, looking at you straight in the eye. "Enjing ah, I know this is crazy but I like you. I really really like you, a lot."

"What?" Your eyes widen in shock. Never did you expect that coming from him.

"I know it's really sudden. I'm not gonna force you to accept my confession and I don't want it to be awkward between us. I just wanted to let you know how I feel about you."

Your vision fell onto the ground, trying to think of how to respond him. "Chanyeol..." You looked up at the boy. "You know I just broke up with Kris and... I don't know. Everything seem to be in a mess right now. I like you too Chanyeol, but I don't know if it's strong enough for us to be together yet... Plus, it's difficult for me to let go of my feelings for Kris..."

"I know." He sighed. He gently placed his hand over yours and pat them. "I'm not asking you to give me an answer straight away and I know you need time to sort out your feelings. But let me be beside you. Let me be the one to put that smile back on your face."

You responded with a slight smile. Not wanting to make the situation anymore awkward, you initiated that both of you return back to your rooms, asking him to give you time ot think through stuff. You tossed and turned around, not able being able to fall asleep despite the tiring day you had. You grabbed your coat and decided to head to somewhere for fresh air. You looked at the map of the hotel and realise there was a open air garden at level 10 so you decided to head there.

It was past midnight so there was hardly anyone there. As you walked deeper in, you saw a familiar figure seated on one of the benches with his head phone plugged in. Slowly, you walked over and sat down on the empty space next to him. He turned his head slightly to your direction and smiled silghtly.

"Can't sleep?" Kris asked.

"Mmm." You reached out for his earphones and plugged out one side and placed it in yours but there was nothing playing. "You have been using this trick for the longest time."

"And you have been falling for it for the longest time as well." He teased. "At least I can pretend to not hear the people I don't want to talk to."

"So why are you up here?" You asked.

"More or less the same reason as why you are up here." He answered. "I saw him going over to your room and bringing you somewhere. Chanyeol."

"Oh." You replied, recalling his confession to you. "He confessed to me."

"What? Seriously?" Kris was shocked. "This kid... So did you-"

"I didn't." You cut him off. "I told him to give me time to think through everything." 'And I can't erase all my feelings for you too...'

"So you're gonna accept him eventually?" 

"Maybe. Maybe not. But definetly not now." You aswered. 

You were both in silence for a moment, enjoying the night breeze and each other's presense that you both have been wanting for a long time.

"If I told you, Hannah's baby is not mine, will you come back to me?" Kris asked, breaking the silence.

You were shocked at his sudden question. "I thought we talked about this already..." You answered. "Why are you suddenly raising this up again?"

"I'm suspecting that she might be lying."

"But the reports..."

"That's why I'm asking my friend to help me check on certain things. I will tell you once everything is out." He said. You nodded slightly, acknowledging what he just said.

The both of you were silent for a while. Kris closed the gap between you and him and placed his arms over your shoulder, gently pushing your head to lie on his shoulder. You followed suit, resting your head down on his shoulder. "I have an unreasonable request to ask." Kris said.

"What is it?"

"Go out with me tomorrow." 

"Huh?"

"Since we have a free day tomorrow, I want to spend it with you. Please." He plead. "Let us go back to what we were like, just for one day. I miss having you by my side, baby."

You felt your heart flutter when he called you that. You, too, miss having him around you. You missed his smell, his hugs, the way his hand held yours, his kisses, the way he called you baby, everything. It was a tough two months for the both of you. The people around noticed the change after you broke up. Just like him, you became more quiet and less smilely, always having the cold look on your face, making you feel more distant.

"Okay." You replied, because deep down, you wanted it as well.

"Really?" Kris' face brightened up.

"Mmm." You nodded and smiled. He pulled you into him and hugged you tightly. You placed your head back onto his shoulder and he kept you in his embrace. You felt so safe and you slowly closed your eye, falling asleep to his heartbeat.

 

'Please let this moment last forever...'

 


Update! Sorry guys it took SOOOO LONGGGGG. D: It's the first week of work and I'm so tried already. ): I'll try to get another chapter out before Monday and I'll try to make it longer. :D I hope everyone's liking it so far. I know this chapter is much more boring compared to the previous one but I promise I'll make it up to you all!Enjoy~ ^^