NOT AN UPDATE!

Dreams Do Come True

I just want to take some time to talk about Kris' incident. I'm still working on the new chapter, don't worry but I might take some time cause somehow this situation is affecting me more than I thought it would.

I guess most of you are as shocked as I am when I first saw the news. I don’t know how true everything that is seen on the internet all I know is SM is pretty much ed up. Look at what happened before Kris’ incident, JYJ and Hangeng leaving SM because they were treated unfairly and we thought through these two big incidents, SM will learn their lesson but NO. They still decide to with people’s lives, especially the foreign artistes.

It took JYJ 6 years and Hangeng 4 years before they finally voiced out their unhappiness towards the company, and it only took Kris 2 years. You realise it’s always when the group is at their peak? I don’t think any of those that left are irresponsible to leave without a reason. Why would they want to jeopardize their own brothers (i truly believe they are all strongly bonded) esp when all of them left during their peak?  They must be on the verge of breaking when they made the decision. Afterall, they are human.

It has been reported many times in various overseas media that Korean entertainment company are very harsh on their artistes and trainees. Scolding, slapping, unreasonable punishments, crazy training hours, etc. Look at the amount of people that left. Not counting SM, Jay Park left 2PM, U-Kiss had their members leaving too and I’m sure they are more cases in other bands. They work for such long hours a day and get little to no rest if it was you, can you handle it? You get paid only 30% of what you earn. Is it fair? No. Sure, you can say that they chose it themselves, and many people want to be in their places. Yes, but we don’t know what they all have been through. They are marketed as products, not human beings. I’m sure everyone seen airport photos and they look so damn exhausted plus they have to put up with of sasaengs and rowdy fans at the airport. Do you think YOU can handle it?

I’m sure everyone had read and heard accounts on how SM treats their artistes. Of course, Kris has his reason and I respect that, not just because he is my bias in Exo. I know a group will never be the same without any member. I’m going to take SJ for example because they are the ones I followed with the longest. I was devastated when Hangeng decided to leave. If you guys don't know, I'm an ELF since 2006. A part of me hoped that they could settle all this peacefully and Geng will stay with SJ but he left. ELFs were devastated, let alone the boys. I remembered how Heechul bawled his eyes out at SS2 beijing. It was a really hard time for ELFs cause we have to look at them perform every song without Hangeng in it. The fandom tore apart as well. I followed through the whole JYJ lawsuit which similarity, tore the boys and the fans apart.

Like I mentioned, I believe Kris has his own reason for leaving, maybe it is like what it’s spreading outside, maybe it isn’t I don’t know. We all know how SM is capable of manupilating the media, but all I know is, he is fighting for himself, his rights and maybe, other members who are facing the same difficulties as him and I respect and support that. He always wanted to be an actor more than a singer and he hasn’t had any chance to since SM has been declining offers. 

I hoped that it was a joke, just like his scandal last year but no. It seems that it’s really happening. Many (or some) people were like me, pretty sure someone would leave but never thought it would be so soon. 

From H.O.T to Shinhwa to DBSK to SJ and now Exo. Don’t you guys see the similarity? They were basically ed by SM. I don’t know how everything is going to turn out because I’m sure if Kris heads back to Korea, he’ll get so much hate and bashing plus he needs to face s who are obviously clueless about everything. Do I need to mention how crazy the kfans are? I've seen accounts saying that they have been sending death threats to him and his parents like, WHAT THE IS YOUR PROBLEM? I don’t blame the members for being angry. They are all victims, both Kris and the other members but why is it always the one leaving that is at fault?

There are so many things going through my mind I can’t put them into words but I hope SM wakes up and stop mistreating the other artistes, especially the Chinese ones. Stop treating them like items, treat them like proper human beings. 

I can't imagine the amount of stress the 11 boys are going through, especially the Chinese members. And of course, my dearest Yifan who is alone in Beijing. I really want to know how he is coping. He must be really guilt striken for causing all this to the boys when all he meant was standing up for himself and voicing out the problem that has been around for way too long. How is he going to go through this all by himself? I really want to be there for him and tell him everything will be alright.

No matter what happens I’m going to support Kris because that’s what a fan does, right? It to go through this for the second time. 

 

凡,希望你能堅強。雖然不能在你身邊,但是你要知道很多人都會守護著你的。不離不棄我們是彼此的倚靠 說好不見不散每分每秒守候你到老。加油。你永遠是我們心中最閃耀的一顆星。

我愛你 ♥ 

 

 

[*Update 17/5, 00:12]

I'm getting sick and tired of this whole thing. I've been reading too much into this and it's affecting me too much. Kfans are bashing him to no end and I saw the leaked photo of him at a club in Beijing. People in the fandom are turning against each other, kris stans against other exo stans. Once again, I don't know how true that photo is (I can't see his face properly) and everything else is online because people like to stir and sensationalise everything, especially the media. I know because I'm a media student. So just take everything with a pinch of salt. There have also been sayings going around that the whole news is published by his potential management company's public relations team because it seems that it's all planned out properly. From the timing of the news release, to the details and all. 

 

It's uncertain whether or not he is going to leave Exo. I kinda of wish he do but at the same time I hope that he would stay. It to see the other 11 being so clueless about this whole incident and they are also getting bashed by fans. They are innocent boys around my age who gave their youths to the company to achieve their dreams and they made the pact to achieve it as 12 but now, it might not happen  ( I SAID MIGHT, NOT WILL). I want Kris to return because it was his dream, too , to have a concert as a whole. He seems to be the one holding all the Chinese members together, esp Tao. That boy literally looks up to Yifan. Looking at the situation now, Kris will definitely be in a tough spot if he goes back. How is he going to face s, let alone the other staff members who will obviously punish him, again. I'm happy if he leaves because he finally gets to do what he wants. Maybe a new management company is better but there are also cases of artistes being mistreated in overseas agencies.

 

There's one burning question I have though. How did their managers allow him to not go back with the boys? 

 

I really want him to return to Korea though. You might not like me saying this but I don't think he should be hiding from all this. At least go back and settle everything and there might be a tiny chance that everything will go back to normal? It's said that these weekends are crucial for them to maybe talk about everything but who knows what will happen. The only redeeming factor was him updating his Weibo and Instagram to tell us that he is doing well.

 

Whatever it is, let's all continue to support him and the other exo boys cause they are all having a hard time. I'll go back to updating the fanfic and hopefully, it'll make yall feel a little bit better. (:

 

xoxo