Chapter XVIII

Dreams Do Come True

A relationship isn't one if there are no quarrels. 

Both of you managed to talk out the unhappiness you had from this incident. You were happy that Kris was finally frank with you and you were also glad that Kris was able to understand why you acted that way. You also took a step back and compromised with him, allowing him to meet Hannah but on the condition that he would inform you when he does and reject skinship with her when possible.

 

You have always been insecure during these few months while you were together with Kris. Besides that fact that he is really good looking and charismatic, he is part of Exo, one of the hottest Korean boybands not only in Korea, but almost internationally. The group with an enormous amount of fangirls going after them everyday. You were really afraid that one day your relationship would surface and end up either losing your job or being 'killed' by their crazy fans. Being self conscious has always been your problem. You had low self-confidence back in the school days because you were not pretty enough, not skinny enough and not the 'pretty girl material' that the world defines. You took a leap of faith and went for what you want and finally, here you are, realising your dream on this very stage, showing the world that you are able to make it. You hope to be an inspiration to young girls, telling them no matter what people say about you, the most important factor is to be yourself and know what you want in life. If you have a dream, dream big. Several times when you look at Kris, it was still unbelievable that he is actually your boyfriend. What matters most is that he is there by your side, holding your hand and going through all the ups and downs together with you. Every time you see the smile he gives you, the way he holds you, you felt your insecurities go away because you know, he loves you for who you are.

---

It's the day before the concert and the day's schedule was packed. It was basically rehearsal at the concert venue the whole day with all the artistes. They got the different groups to rehearse their respective songs followed by the special items. Solely doing that already took half a day and you all were released for 1.5 hour lunch and break before starting on the actual rehearsal with the actual concert run down. You and your members decided to head outside the stadium where the concert was held to get some fresh air before going back in for rehearsal. You saw a few Exo members also standing around outside so you decided to join them. While walking towards them, you spotted Kris at a corner, talking on his phone and looking outside where some of the fans are. 'Seems like he's looking for someone...' 

"Enjing ah!" Chanyeol exclaimed. Before you could react to him, he already placed his arms around your neck, suffocating you in the process.

"Yah! Park Chanyeol!" you said as you smacked his hands that was around your neck. "Are you trying to kill me?!" You rubbed your neck when he released his grip. He gave you a huge grin and pretended nothing happened. You mingled with the boys for quite a while and realise Kris was still on the phone.

"Kris hyung has been on the phone since 15 minutes ago." Sehun said. "What's taking him so long..."

"I think he's looking for someone." Tao added. "I heard him mention that his friend is here for the concert or stuff like that."

You expression changed when you overheard the two of them talking. 'Friend? What friend?' Your thoughts starts running wild again. 'Maybe it was his high school friends he mentioned that were coming over...' You tried to surpress your thoughts with more positive ones.

"Yah did you hear what I say?" Chanyeol nudged.

"Huh what? Sorry I was thinking about... stuff..." you replied.

"About what?"

"Oh nothing..." You shifted your gaze to Kris who just ended his call and then shifted your gaze back to Chanyeol who was staring at you like a curious puppy. "What were you saying again?"

He realised your expression was different. He looked to Kris who was walking over and then back at you, placed his hands on your shoulder and rubbed it. He didn't say anything but you seem to understand what he was trying to say. You nodded in acknowledgement and gave him a smile.

"What were you guys talking about?" Kris asked as he joined in. 

"Hyung! We were planning to head somewhere for supper after practice tonight, want to join?" Chanyeol suggested.

Kris paused for a moment. "Maybe I'll pass. I have a few friends who are here for holiday so I was thinking of meeting them for a while after today's rehearsal." He looked at you but you weren't looking at him. You were staring into space and just nodding at what he just mentioned. 

It was almost time so everyone headed back in to the stadium to get ready for the full rehearsal. Kris grabbed you by your arm and pulled you next to him. "Hey... are you mad?" he asked.

"No. For what? Meeting your friends later?" You replied. Kris nooded.

"Of course I'm not, silly." you wrapped your hands around his arm. 

"Really?" Kris was kind of shocked by your reply. "Thanks baby. I promise I won't have unnecessary skinship with any of my female friends."

You laughed and nodded. "You make me sound really possesive."

"Aren't you?" He teased.

---

It was almost 10 when it finally ended. You all were free to decided where you all wanted to go after that cause there weren't any schedules after the rehearsal. The few of you decided to head for supper while the rest either went back to their dorms to rest or back to SM. Kris went off shortly after saying goodbye to you.

"Enjingie let's go!" Chanyeol signalled you.

"Where are we heading to?" you asked while getting into the car.

"You'll know when we get there." Chanyeol replied.

"Why so secretive?" You asked but all you got in response was a shrug from the tall boy.

 

It was a small family restaurant that was located in one of the housing districts near your dorms. Even though it was small, the interior of the shop was nicely furnished and it had a vintage feel to it. It had a really cosy feeling when you entered. What you found interesting was there were a few photos of Chanyeol and  Exo members hung on the wall.

"Annyeonghasaeyo yimo!" The boys said when a lady, around mid 40s walked out from the kitchen. (A/N: Yimo/eemo [이모]is how one addresses your mother's sister, your aunt, in Korean)  'Yimo?' you thought to yourself. Now you understood why they are pictures of the boys in the restaurant.

"It's been a while boys," She said. "Looks like we have a new friend here, what's your name?" She looked at you and gave you a warm smile.

"Annyeonghasaeyo." You bowed. "I'm Enjing. Nice to meet you."

"Ahh.. You're the girl from the new girl group right? Our Chanyeollie mentioned about you a few times before." She held your hand and gave it a light pat. "You really very pretty."

"Oh really? Thank you so much." You replied, quite surprised that Chanyeol mentioned you to his aunt. "I hope it's all positive things he's been telling you." You laughed and glanced over at Chanyeol who was rubbing his neck in embarassement.

It was a fushion restaurant which serves Korean and Western food. Everything in the menu looks appetising cause you were really hungry. You kept flipping and flipping, not sure what you want to eat. You finally decided on grilled salmon since you weren't that into meat and you wanted some other than Korean food. 

"How come I've never noticed this restaurant before? It's quite near to our dorm I'm sure I've passed by it before in the past.." You said.

"It's located at the corner so people tend to miss it. We didn't know that it was here until Chanyeol hyung brought us here." Sehun replied. "Plus they didn't have that fanciful signboard in the past so it was harder for people to notice."

"But thanks to our Yeollie, more people knows about the shop now." His aunt said as she served a few dishes up. "Eat well kids."

"We'll eat it well~" Everyone said in unison.

"So.. what did you tell your aunt about me?" You asked while eating. 

"What? Uh.. nothing much actually..." Chanyeol replied, choking on the chicken he was eating. "I just told them about the stuff we did together that's all. Nothing much."

You gave him a suspicious look and he looked away and continue eating. "Well.. If you say so.."

You were eating halfway and Chanyeol's aunt came with a seafood platter for everyone. "It's on the house. All the best for your concert tomorrow kids." She said. The boys cheered and thanked her for the extra food. You stretched your hand out and took something from the platter and placed it on your plate.

"Wait." Chanyeol said as he grabbed your hand, just before you were about to put it in your mouth.

"Why, what's wrong?"

"It's prawns. Aren't you allergic?" He said, grabbing the fork from your hand and ate the shrimp instead. You were quite impressed that he actually knows you are allegric to prawns since you hardly told anyone besides your members and your manager who often help to prepare your meals.

"Are you a stalker, Chanyeol hyung?" Sehun teased. "Even I don't know about that."

"Why would you know?" Chanyeol rebutted. "I overheard her mentioning it previously." 

You were really touched he took notice of such details, especially when you didn't mention it to him. Chanyeol cared about you more than you thought, and you were really glad to have someone like him to rely on at such a time.

Supper was really enjoyable with the few Exo members that were present. They are always teasing each other and making jokes which never fail to lighten the atmosphere. "I think we should leave soon." Xiumin said. "It's past 12 and I think we need enough rest for tomorrow's performance." 

"Kamsahamnida yimo!" You thanked before leaving, "The food's really delicious and I'll bring my members over another day!" 

"No problem. You can always give me a call before coming over." 

"I'll be leaving then, annyeongheegaesayo~" 

 

"My yimo seem to like you a lot." Chanyeol said. 

"Really? Isn't because I'm your friend?"

"I came here with other female trainees before but she didn't talk to them as much as she did to you. Most of them told me that she seem to be really distant and fierce."

"I remembered her not talking much to us when Chanyeol first brought us here as well." Xiumin added, turning over from the seat infront. 

"Seems like I have a special connection with her then! I quite like your yimo to be honest." You said.

"Enjing ah, we're here!" Exo's manager shouted from the front seat.

"Guess I'll be going then. See you all tomorrow!"

 

You checked your phone to hoping to see Kris' reply to the message you sent earlier but there was only notifications from the whatsapp chat you have with your members and manager. 'Maybe his phone died' you thought, trying to console yourself. Just then your phone beeped with a new message. 

###

Why are you always hanging out with Exo? Are you trying to seduce them? We know what you are up to so you better stay away from our oppas.

###

"Sasaengs..." you said softly as you closed the door behind you.

"What sasaengs?" Gayeon said, walking up next to you. "How did they even get your number?" She said in disgust when you showed her the message. You shrugged your shoulders and walked off to shower.

---

You sat down on the couch in the living room and decide to give Kris a call and see if he's back already. The phone rang for a long time but no one picked up. You called again after a while, hoping that he would pick up this time.

"Hello?" the voice said at the other end of the phone. A female voice. You could tell she was not local from her fluent English. You froze for a few seconds before replying.

"Um.. Could you pass the phone over to Kris please?" You said politely.

"He's not around at the moment... Do you need me to pass him a message?" 

"Oh... In that case.. Do you mind asking him to head back early since he has a concert tomorrow. He's members might get worried..."

"Okay. Anything else?"

"Um..." You hesitated. "May I know who I'm speaking to?"

"I'm Hannah." She replied. You felt your heart sink and you were lost for words.

"Oh. Thank you Hannah. Bye." You hung up before she could even reply you. You threw your phone on the couch and flung your head back, your hand slowly turning into a fist and slammed it against the couch.

 

'I'm Hannah.' 

'Why does it always have to be her...'

 


Hello my darlings, here's the new chapter! ^^ I think it's quite a short chapter though... I wanted to continue the story in this chapter but I decided to break it up so I can develop it more. Happy reading and thanks for all the new subscribers and comments. SARANGHAEYO~ (Sing it like how they do in Wolf ;P)