Chapter XXV

Dreams Do Come True

"I'm pregnant."

 

 

"What?!" The guy spoke. The voice was too familiar for you to not recognise.

"So is this what you called me down for?" You said coldy, your hand tightly clenching the side of your trenchcoat. You felt your heart sinking when you heard what Hannah said. You were rooted, too shocked and devastated to move.

Kris was shocked when he heard your voice. He immediately stood up and turned towards you. "Enjing... I-"

"Now that you know," Hannah spoke. "Aren't you gonna do something about it?" It was a question meant for the both of you but she looked at you straight in the eye, obvious that she was out to get you.

"Well congrats... To the both of you." You said, holding back your tears that were about to fall anytime. 'Sorry I have some errands to run." You gave Kris a disappointed look and took his hand off you, "I'll be leaving then." and dashed out of the coffee house.

"Are you doing this on purpose?!" Kris yelled, not caring if anyone was going to recognise him. 

Hannah kept silent. She folded her arms and turned her head to look outside the window with a smirk on her face.

Kris grabbed his coat that was placed behind his chair and ran out after you. You heard Kris calling out for you from behind and you ran faster but he still managed to catch up with you.

"Baby listen to me." He grabbed your arm from behind. You stopped and wiped your tears away before turning around to look at him.

"You shouldn't be here..." You said as you tried to release your hand from him but he didn't budge. "You should go back. You shouldn't just leave a pregnant girl all by herself. It's dangerous."

Guilt filled him up even more listening to what you said. He wanted you to scream and shout and punch him whic would make him feel a little better but you were calm. Too calm for this kind of situation. "But Enj-"

"I'll be fine. I'm tired and I still have to shoot my MV tomorrow." You felt his grip loosen on your hand. "Goodnight Yifan. Take care." You stepped closer and gave him a kiss on his lip. "I love you." You said before walking away. You wanted to turn back to take another look at him but you didn't. You just carried on walking forward.

Kris was left standing. The last three words and the kiss you gave him made him feel even worst than he already was. He knew you were hurt. Too hurt. He knew how you caught your ex boyfriend cheating on you and he felt like he was your ex at that very moment. That very jerk that he wanted to kill so badly. "Enjing I'm sorry..." He said as tears escaped his eyes.

 

"What are you trying to do." Kris hissed. "Do you think it's fun to lie about such things?"

"I'm not lying." Hannah replied. "I was late and the pregnancy test kit results were positive."

Kris buried his head in both his hands. He didn't know how else to react. "If it's mine, I'll be responsible." He hated the thought that he had to leave you if it was true, but if he did it, he has to be responsible. He is not the type that would run away from his responsibilities and that, was one of the many qualities you like about him.

---

You closed the car door and the enginee. You stepped on the acceleration pedal and drove off aimlessly. You didn't know where to go but you didn't want to head back either, not in the current state. After driving down several streets, you found yourself at a familiar place. You finally picked up your phone that was placed on the seat next to yours. It has been vibrating non-stop through out your drive but you didn't want to talk to anyone. You pressed the home button of your Samsung phone and it showed a total of 30 missed calls and 12 text messages. You texted your members telling them you are fine, not wanting them to stay up late cause you have the MV shoot later in the day. The rest were missed calls from the four boys you were closest with, including Kris who called you 15 times and spammed your Kakao.

You grabbed the bag of canned beer you bought at a convenient store along the way and alighted from your car. You walked to the spot you and Kris always sat when you meet for late night dates by the Han river just that this time, you were all alone. There were too many memories that the place brought back. His confession and the various nights you spent talking and cuddling together. It just made you feel even worse. You opened one can and gluped it down.

---

After sending Hannah off, Kris tried calling you many times but you never picked out. Out of panic, he phoned Shimin, checking with her if you were back but the answer was no. He ran around the neighbourhood, going to the places he think you will be at but you weren't there. Defeated, he decide to head back to the dorm, praying hard that you won't do anything rash. Thinking that he could at least have some peace and quiet, he felt an impact to his left cheek which made him fall to the ground.

"How dare you!" Chanyeol yelled at the top of his voice. No one has ever seen him so mad before. Baekhyun and Suho pulled him away before he could throw another punch. Kris remained on the floor, not uttering a single word. He lifted his hand to wipe off the blood that was on his lips. 

"Why are you keeping quiet huh?" Chanyeol yelled again. Not wanting the matters to get worse, Baekhyun and Suho dragged Chanyeol back into his room so that they wouldn't have any further conflict. Kris stood up and silently walked back to his room, not making eye contact with anyone. Luhan stopped the room door from closing and followed Kris into his room.

"How did this happen..." Luhan said, sitting himself down at the end of Kris' bed. "I mean you and En-"

"Don't you already know..." Kris replied with his croaked voice. Judging from how Chanyeol reacted, they must have know about what happened earlier. Shimin must have told one of them when you she called to see if you were with any of them.

"I want to hear it from you." Luhan said in Chinese. 

Kris threw his head back against the wall and a tear escaped his eye. "Pregnant... Hannah's pregnant..." He paused, trying to bring himself together. "That's what she said but I don't remember doing anything to her at all. I thought she wanted to talk things through about us so I decided to meet up with her. I didn't know she asked Enjing to meet her as well..."

"Talk things through?"

"She has been constantly calling me, telling me that she wants to patch but I told her that I'm with Enjing and I love her a lot. I really didn't know she can actually resort to doing this to make Enjing leave me..."

"So the baby... Is it yours?"

"I don't know. I asked her to go to the doctors to get a proper check and show me to documents for me to fully believe her. From what I see she's just trying to break the both of us." Kris paused and sighed. "If it's mine, I'm willing to take full responsibility..."

The room door opened and it took a few seconds for Chanyeol to walk in along with Sehun. "Sorry hyung." The happy virus apologised.

"It's fine. You have the right to be mad at me... I promised to not hurt her again but..."

"After knowing you for so long, I don't think you're the type that would do this kind of thing.' Luhan continued. "I hope I'm not wrong." 

Luhan spent the next few minutes clearing the air between Chanyeol and Kris, explaining what Kris said to him just now.

"Go get some rest. I guess you're tired enough. We'll help you find her." Luhan said.

"Han River." Kris mentioned all of a sudden. "She'll most probably be there."

---

You crushed the can that you finished and threw it to one side and opened another one. That has been the cycle for the past 4 cans of beer you drank. You reached out for the fifth can but you felt someone taking the bag away from you. "That's enough." Someone said in Chinese.

"Ge..." That's all you could say. Luhan sat down next to you and held you in his arms, gently patting your shoulder and using his other hand to guide your head and let it rest on his shoulder.

"Everything's fine. Ge is here..."He said, with his hands gently smoothing out your hair. 

"Where have you been? We were so worried." Chanyeol said, his brows furrowed together, gently his thumb across the back of your hand.

"Sorry..." You said between sobs.

"Let it all out. You'll feel better." Luhan said. " Gege is here for you"

Your tears fell uncontrollably, releasing all the emotions that you held in for the past hour. What hurt you even more was remembering Kris saying those words when to you. You quieten down after a while and you fell alseep on Luhan's shoulder. Making sure that you were sound asleep, Luhan gently carried you up and headed to where your car was parked.

He placed you down next to Chanyeol and went to the driver's seat and drove back to your dorm. Luhan unlocked your door with the access card and quietly brought you into your room.

"Jiejie?" Shimin jolted up from her bed when she heard her room door opening. Luhan placed a finger over his lips to ask her to lower down her volume. Chanyeol gently placed you onto your bed and pulled the covers over you. Shimin prepared a bucket of warm water and helped you clean your face and removed the trenchcoat you were wearing.

"Kamsahamnida oppa." Shimin thanked.

"You sleep early too. Don't worry she's gonna be fine." Luhan assured and the two left.

---

You woke up with a throbbing headache. You slowly sat up and rubbed your temples with your fingers.

"Jiejie you're awake." Shimin said as she brought in a cup of warm ginger tea. "Good for hangovers."

You thanked the younger and made your way to the bathroom to shower. You stood infront of the mirror and stared at your reflection. You eyes were red and puffy and you didn't look very good. You the water and let it run through your body, from head to toe. Images from yesterday started flashing back and your heart started aching. Your tears started falling again and you squat down, curling yourself into a ball in the shower.

"Unnie are you okay?" Miko knocked with the other members standing outside. You have been inside for a good 30 minutes and the members were worried. The lock clicked and you opened the door, greeting your members with a faint smile.

"I'm fine, don't worry." 

The four of you gathered at the table for breakfast and you briefed them about the MV shoot later on, making sure they were all prepared. You members were relieved that you were well enough to work but also worried because you were too calm. The three girls made it a point to not mention a single thing about the night before unless you did.

You spent the whole morning shooting the music video and you were quite happy with the outcome. You headed back to SM after lunch and had practice for Gayo Daejun till night. Your members went to collect the delivery they ordered and you stayed in the practice room, practising your parts over and over again. You got up too fast while doing one of your moves and your head suddenly started spinning which made you fall. But before you could, you felt someone grabbing you by your waist, stablising you.

"Careful." Kris said. "Are you okay?"

You nodded, trying to get your senses back together. "Thanks." You said and gave him a faint smile.

"Can we talk?" He grabbed your wrist, stopping you from walking away.

"Not now. After my practice maybe..." You replied, loosening your hand from his grip and walked towards the door.

"I'll wait for you. The usual place." 

You walked out and bumped into Luhan and Sehun who was walking by.

"How are you feeling?" Luhan asked.

"Great." You replied with a faint smile. "I'll be going first."

Luhan and Sehun looked at each other, worried. 

---

"How long have you been here?" You asked as you leaned on the railing next to Kris.

"Just for a while." 

There was a moment of silent. Neither of you knew what to say and didn't know how to. You both knew deep down that today was not going to end on a good note.

"So..." You broke the silence.

"Sorry." 

You kept your gaze over the city skyline that was infront of you, waiting for him to continue.

"Baby I'm sorry." He wrapped his arms around your waist from the back and pulled you in. "It's all my fault..."

You gently his hands that were around your waist, as though you were comforting him. "Stop saying sorry..."

"It scares me to see you so calm." He turned you around to face him. "I want you to hit me, scream at me. It'll make me feel better. Baby..."

"What are you planning to do?" You asked.

"If it's mine... I won't shun the responsibility." He replied. You nodded. He lifted you chin to have a better look at your face. He leaned in and gently placed his lips over yours. "Wo ai ni."

You kept quiet and your silence started to scare him. How could you stay so calm and not yell at him like every other girl who is in this situation.

"Yifan..." You finally said. "Maybe be should br-"

"No!" He intrupted before you could finish. You pulled you into his arms and hugged you tightly. "NO. Don't ever think about breaking up with me. I need you, Enjing."

"But I can be so selfish!" You yelled and pushed him away. He was shocked by your actions but relieved that you are finally letting out your emotions. "I've thought about it properly. I can't be so selfish to keep you by my side when someone else needs you more than I do. She needs you more Yifan..."

He closed the distance. "How can you be so selfish to push me to someone else then?"

"I don't have a choice." You replied with tear stained eyes. "I have to make a decision. I can't let her handle all these alone. Let alone she's pregnant with your child Yifan."

"What if it isn't?" Kris snapped.

"Then..." You paused, for a long time. You didn't know how to respond.

"Even if I'm with her, I won't have any feelings towards her. My heart is with you Enjing." 

"You'll have to try. She was your first after all so it's not that difficult to find back the feelings you once had right?" You said.

"It'll never be the same again. You changed everything and I realise that all I want is you." Kris said, wiping your tears away.

"I love you baby. A lot. But I really can't be so selfish... It's gonna hurt but there's nothing I can do.." You held on to the hand that was cupping your cheeks. "Let me be the bad guy so you wouldn't feel so guilty about leav-"

Kris crashed his lips violently onto yours before you could finish, exploring every inch of your mouth.

 

'I don't want you to leave me Enjing. Please don't leave me...'

'I don't want to leave you too Yifan..'

 

You both pulled away, breathless. Looking into each other's eyes, you both saw unwillingness but it seems like the only way.

 

 

 

"Yifan...

 

 

 

 

 

 

Let's break up."

 


Update! I'm sorry for the emo chapter but I have to break them up. ): I hope it's okay so far and I'm really touched by the response I got from the previous chapter. Thank you all for all the support and YAY, over 50 subs! ^^

Anw I just started a new fic titled Soulmate. Please do support as well. Thankyou! ^^