Chapter I

Dreams Do Come True

"That's it for the day," your choreographer said.

"Thank you. You've worked hard!" you and your members replied, bowing to him before he takes his leave from the studio.

"I can't believe it, it's just two weeks to our debut showcase! We've made it guys!" Gayeon, one of your members exclaimed while lying her tired body next to you.

"Yeah. Finally.." you smiled and gluped down the water from your bottle.

---

You have been training for 3 years in SM Entertainment along with your members. You never thought this day would ever come. You have been a Kpop fan for the longest time and you have always admired your idols performing on stage. You thought to yourself, 'one day, I'm going to become like them. I want to be able to perform next to Super Junior'. They were the reason you were first drawn to kpop back then. 

You were in Korea for a dance exchange programme with your dance school where you were approached by someone who introduced himself as SM's casting agent. He invited you to a audition and you gladly accepted since that was your chance and the first step to realising your dream.

Audition process was competitive as there were many teenagers just like you, giving their shot on becoming a trainee at one of the most prestigious entertainment company in Korea. Having gone through rounds of audition, you managed to earn your spot at becoming a trainee. 

These three years was never easy espcially for someone from another country. You have had language lessons, dance and vocal classes everyday and they were really strict. You have seen some of the friends you made dropping out half way cause they could not take the stress. You would be lying to yourself if you said you never had any of such thoughts, but it was your passion, your dream. It was the reason why you left your family and friends back in Singapore and started your life as a trainee with the hopes to debut one day.

Thankfully, you had your members and other trainees by your side. Everyone encouraged each other and supported each other when it was needed.

---

"Jiejie, what are you thinking about?" Shimin, the Taiwanese member in your group asked in Mandarin.

"Nothing much. Just thinking about how far we've come since we were trainees," you replied tilting your head back to rest against the wall. 

---

You are the leader of SM's new girl group, GEMS, which is set to debut in 2 weeks. It was made by the abbrivation of your names and you hoped to be able to shine like the gems too. You guys are more of an international group brcause all your members are from different countries. You, the leader, and the oldest of the group from Singapore. Shimin from Taiwan, Gayeon from Korea and Miko, the maknae, from Japan. You were grouped this way because the company was targeting an international market, hoping the different nationalities would help in bringing more attention to you guys.

It was awkward in the beginning because of the language barrier but you guys bonded really quickly and became really close friends and sisters. 

--

"Ga ja! Let's head back to the dorm to rest," you said looking at the clock hanging on the wall. It was already 12 midnight. "We still have to rehearsal and photoshoot tomorrow!"

You guys were walking towards the exit when yall bump into EXO. 

"Annyeonghasaeyo~" you all bowed and greeted them and they returned greeting as well. They got out from another practice room and were heading back to their dorm as well. 

"How was practice? Your debut is in two weeks right? So excited for you guys," said Chanyeol.

"Yes. Thank you so much sunbaenim!" Gayeon replied.

You guys were rather close since you trained with most of them before they debuted. You guys walked towards the exit together and you felt someone bump your left arm. You turned your head and saw a tall figure walking next to you. It was Kris. You glared at him and smacked his right arm, "just finished practice?" 

"Obviously, and that hurts you know!" he said while rubbing his right arm.

"Too bad," you replied and stuck your tongue out at him.

---

Kris was one of your closest friend you have in SM besides your members. You remembered you were drawn to him the first time you saw him when he was still a trainee. The tall Canadian-Chinese with sharp features. He was your eyecandy since and you always looked out for him during trainings. Your daily greetings were just a polite annyeonghasaeyo and maybe a short convo before going off to your respective trainings. 

It was during on of your off days where things started to progress a little more. You were out alone, trying to understand what was on the Starbucks menu with limited Korean when Kris walked into the store with Luhan. 

"Do you need help with ordering?" Kris asked and you were shocked to see him and Luhan there. You nodded your head and told him what you want in English and he ordered for you.

You guys sat down at Starbucks with your drinks and started chatting, knowing more about each other.

"So where are you from? I always thought you were Korean until five minutes," Kris laughed.

"I'm from Singapore. Well now you know," you replied trying to hide your embarassment.

"Singapore? That's cool. So you can speak both English and Mandarin? It'll be easier for us to talk to each other now!" said Luhan in Mandarin and smiled.

The afternoon was then spent with the two boys, talking and getting to know each other more since you hardly get the chance to during training days. Maybe it was because you all left home to a foregin country to pursue your passion, it was easier for you guys to click. The two became like your brothers, always looking out for you ever since. 

---

"That's rude. I'm your gege you know!" 

You guys always teased each other since you were really close. "Sorry Yifan ge" you said, trying to act as if you were really sorry.

"That's more like it," he replied and ruffled through your hair.

--

You guys walked to the exit and parted ways to go to your respective cars to go back to your dorm. Kris gave you a hug before he walked away which gave you a little shock but your shrugged it off and when into your car with your members.

Your manager briefed you guys about the schedule for the next day and commented on the rehearsal performance on the way back. You were listening attentively and noting down the feedback that he gave so that you guys can work on that the next day.

Once you all reach the dorm. Everyone was tired and went to sleep right away after washing up.

You layed in your bed and the scene where Kris hugged you flashed across your mind. 'Why did he do that out of the blue?' you thought to yourself. You guys were close but the only skinship you guys had were those of normal friends. 'He has never done that before...' You shrugged off the though again and went to sleep.

 

 


Hey guys! Hope you guys are okay with my writing so far. Wanted to do a one-shot but I guess I'll just split the story into different chapters! (: Do leave your feedback, thoughts and comments below! Kamsahamnida~