Chapter XXIII

Dreams Do Come True

"Stop caling me. Haven't I make it clear to you?"

"But I still love you..."

"It's all in the past. You're just a friend to me now. I love Enjing and I can't live without her."

"You're gonna pay for this. I swear."

 

"Hyung are you done?" Chanyeol knocked, yelling from the corridoor.

"Yeah." 

"What happened?"

"Just some weirdo that keeps calling me... Nevermind about it." Kris said as they made their way down to the restaurant for lunch.

---

"Enjing ah, feeling better?" Xiumin asked, placing his plate next to you.

"Yes oppa. Much better."

"That's good. But looks like you have a little bruise on your neck." He said pointing to your neck.

"Oh that..." You paused and look at Kris who was trying to hide his laughter. "It'll go away in a few days... I'll just use makeup to cover it up." You rubbed the spot where the 'bruise' was. You were pretty sure it wasn't from the incident but instead, it was the artwork of Kris yesterday night. You shot a death glare at your boyfriend who was still trying to put on a poker face from what Xiumin asked.

 

"I can't help it, you were too much for me to handle." Kris whispered as he walked next to you. 

You rolled your eyes and hit him in the arm. You all were heading down to the basement carpark to board your vans to the airport. Due to the amount of people there to send you off, you all took the VIP route to check in. Since there was still time, you headed over to the Starbucks to get yourself some coffee. 

"Green Tea Latte please." You heard a familiar voice ordering through your headphones. 

"Again?" You turned to him and say. "Aren't you tired of it?"

"Didn't you order it too?" He replied. "All your fault for making me addicted."

"You're welcome."

"Remember the first time we actually sat down and talk?" Kris said.

"You mean that time when I was struggling to order at the Starbucks near our company?" You laughed. 

"Looks like our affinity started then uh."

"You mean bad luck?" You teased and he pushed your shoulder lightly. 

---

After a day's break returning from China, it was back to the busy schedules you all have. New album preparations and practices for upcoming SMTOWNs and the year end performances at the various music shows.

"Not again.." You said as you sat down on the dance studio floor.

"What happened?" Shimin asked. You showed her the message on your phone. 

"I've been receiving these almost everyday. I don't that what he or she is up to."

"I seriously think you should tell manager oppa about this." Shimin said. "Looking at the content it's no joke."

"But if this goes up to the higher levels, wouldn't they know about my relationship with Yifan?" You sulked and laid down on the floor with your arms spread out. "This is so annoying..." You mentally had an idea of who was sending the message. You weren't 100% sure but you knew, it was her doing. 

"Are you planning to tell Yifan ge then?" 

"I don't know. It's not like you don't know what happened when I brought it up the previous time... We'll see how it goes." You said, closing the message. You kept all the threat messages in your phone so you had evidence to show if you ever wanted to confront her or to make a police report. You were sure it wasn't the doing of any fans because all the content revolved around Kris and the only possible person you could think of, Hannah. 

"Dinner anyone?" Chanyeol popped his head out from behind the door.

"Supper you mean. It's almost 11." You said, lifting yourself up from the floor. "Where?"

"I want ramen!" Shimin suddenly exclaimed.

"I think I know just the place to go." Chanyeol said as he signalled you all to leave.

 

"I would really appreciate if you would stop calling every single day. If this goes on, I don't know if we can still continue to be friends." 

 

You heard Kris talking on the phone in one of the corner. You weren't too sure who he was on the phone with but his expression didn't look too happy. 

"He has been like this every since we came back from China." Chanyeol said. "Always frustrated when he's talking on the phone with this person."

"How do you know it's the same person?"

"He spoke in English every single time and he would look frustrated while deciding whether to take the call a not."

"Oh..." You thought. 'Unless it's...'

"Don't think too much about it. Maybe it's not what you think it is." Chanyeol said patting your shoulder.

Kris turned around and you acted though you were walking towards his direction to not make him notice that you and Chanyeol have been standing there for quite sometime. You could see his expression still frustrated from the call he just ended but it immediately changed when he saw the both of you walking towards him. He nodded his head in acknowledgement and joined the both of you to meet the other members.

---

The late dinner was at Chanyeol aunt's restaurant. The food was served almost immediately once you all reached. There were ramen, kimchi jigae, samgyettang and all the food you could crave for in the December weather. 

"Let me help you with these." You said to Chanyeol's aunt as you walked in to the kitchen with your hands full of utensils.

"Aigoo... how nice of you. Just place it here and I'll clean them up after that."

"Let me help. There's so much to clean it would be faster if there's another pair of hands helping." You said.

"Yah! Are you trying to up to my aunt?" Chanyeol teased as he walked in. "Yimo let me help you as well."

 

"You know, the two of you look like a married couple washing the dishes after your meal from the back." Chanyeol's aunt commented as she walked back into the kitchen.

Both of you looked at each other and gave an awkward smile. "Yimo..." Chanyeol said embarrassingly. "She's -"

"I know I know, she's attached. It was just a casual comment why are you so worked up Yeollie?"

 

"Sorry about just now," Chanyeol said as you both went back out to where the other members were at. "You know older people are like that..."

"It's fine." You pat him on the shoulder. "I take it as a compliment."

It was almost time to head back and Kris was once again at a corner talking on his phone.

"You got to be kidding me right? We didn't even..

How do I know if you're telling me the truth?

Okay fine. I'll meet you. Tell me the time and place again."

Kris took the phone away from his ear and placed his hand on his temple. "You okay?" You asked, placing your hands on his arm.

"Yeah. I just need some rest." He replied. 

You hear the conversation and you were worried. 'Is he going to meet her?' You snapped yourself out of your thoughts when you felt someone pulling you into a hug. 

"Can we stay like this for a while?" Kris said, resting his head on yours. You nodded. Something inside you doesn't feel quite right. You had a feeling that something bad was going to happen from his action during the last few days but you were hoping that it was all your hallucination.

--

Two more days till Christmas and you all have just returned from yet another successful SMTOWN concert. The weather in Seoul was freezing cold but it felt more like Christmas in that weather. Decorations could be seen along the streets and everywhere is filled with people shopping for gifts and spending time with their family. The streets looked exceptionally beautiful at night with the Christmas lightings.

"We're here." Kris said from the driver's seat. It was a rest day for two of you so Kris initiated that both of you should go out together since you both hardly have the chance to do so due to your tight schedules. You decided to head to Grill5Taco for late lunch before continuing your plans for the day. There was quite a commotion when both of you walked in cause it was easy for most people to notice the giant who was walking next to you. You took one of the seats in the corner while your boyfriend went to order. Although both of you were seated at the corner, you were still being spotted by a few sharp-eyed fans.

"Why the sudden decision to go out on a date?" You asked.

"It's not sudden. I've been planning this for quite sometime." He paused, looking at you. "Plus we haven't been on an official date ever since we got together. So why not?" He gave you a smile.

"Aww~ I never knew you were so sweet." You teased.

"I always am." He said while pinching your cheek.

You decided to head for a movie after that since it was still early and it was quite dangerous to be walking about openly with your giant boyfriend. It was just almost 7 when the movie ended and it was getting dark outside. Since there was still quite a lot of time, the both of you decide to shop around myeongdong. Both of you hid half of you face with the scarfs you were wearing since the weather was getting colder in the night and this way, it was tougher for people to recognise you as well. It has been a long time since you could shop openly, let alone with the person you love. You passed by this shop that sold men's apperals and you went in, asking Kris to wait for you outside. You saw a shirt that you knew fit Kris perfectly and you bought it without him knowing. 

"Aren't you gonna buy anything for your members?" You asked.

"If I can find something nice.. Oh. Wait here for a moment." Kris said as he walked off into one of the shops. "Alright I'm done. Let's go." He said as he interwined his fingers with yours. You were shocked at his actions and tried to pull your hand away but he tightened his grip preventing you from doing so. "No one's gonna recognise us."

With that, you spent the remaining time walking down the streets and enjoying each other's company. 

"I wish we could do this everyday..." You said, looking up at Kris.

"Me too. Wouldn't it be great if we can still do this 20 years down the road? Just me and you travelling the world.. What do you think?"

You blushed at what he said. You let out a soft laugh and nodded. "Yeah. That would be just awesome." 

You guys decided to head over to an Italian restaurant for dinner since you both were starving.

"You haven't told me how you manage to get the car." You asked while chewing your pasta.

"I asked my manager and he said yes."

"That's it?" You were skeptical about his reply. "So easy? Your manager must be really kind uh. Or did you like sell your soul to him in return?"

He laughed. "I just told him I wanted to bring you out on a date and he said okay... After a few days of me pestering." Kris then drove to the Starbucks near the company to grab some drinks before going back.

"The usual?" Kris already knew what you wanted even before you said it. "Remember 4 years ago?"

"4 years ago?"

"When you were stuck at ordering your drink and I had to come and rescue you." He said teasingly.

"Oh that... Must you always bring that up?" You hit him in the arm.

"I just found it funny every time. And I think this place holds lots of memories for us. From us getting to know each other to random coffee dates that we would have during training breaks." 

"Come to think of it, we really did spend a lot of time here together..."

"Plus our first official date too." He added. "Are you and your members coming over tomorrow?"

"Oh the celebration? I guess so since our schedule is only until 6."

You spent you time sitting at Starbucks talking till late. You really wanted to enjoy every moment you had with your boyfriend because it was a chance that was so difficult to come by. There were no fans following you around, although you were almost recognised a few times, and the fact that you could openly hold your hands with him and do the things every couple does was enough. It was no doubt the best day of your life so far. Kris sent you back to your dorm shortly, giving you a goodbye kiss before heading back to his dorm. 

"How was your date?" You members went up to you when you entered the dorm.

"Look at her blissful expression. I bet it was awesome." Gayeon teased. 

You went into your room to place the things you bought down and headed back out to the living room after hearing your members calling for you.

"What?"

"Again..." Shimin said as she pointed to your phone.

 

###

Guess you already know who I am and I shall be frank with you. I am still in love with Kris and I believe he feels the same way too. It's not too late for you to let him go before getting yourself hurt. This is the last time I am warning you so you better get your senses together.

###

 

You threw your phone on the sofa after reading the message. The uneasy feeling was back, just like how felt weeks ago. "You're really not going to do anything about it?" Shimin asked.

"I will." You replied.

 

'I'm not going to let her ruin my relationshipNot this time.'

 


Update! The exciting part is coming real soon so keep supporting this fanfic. I started drafting another fic as well and I hope you guys will support that too! (: Happy Belated Chuseok everyone! ^^