This moment

Caught me at first sight

I wake up the next day, immediately remembering what I did to Yong Guk oppa last night. I really can’t think of the words of how I feel towards what I did to him. What if he thinks that I don’t like him? Do I even have feelings for him? Ahh I don’t know, I need food. It’s 8:30am right now, I’m supposed to wake up at 5:30 but since I can’t bake with an injured shoulder I can only work at the cash register today. I get out of my bed and walk over to my bathroom. After washing up I walk down to the kitchen to see no food being prepared. While sighing I walk towards the fridge, taking out eggs, bread and other things and cook up a nice simple breakfast for the three of us.

They probably smell my cooking because they both come down from their rooms and sits straight down on the dining table. I roll my eyes at them because they don’t even help me set the table up, leaving me to do all the work, with a painful shoulder.

-

At the shop right now. I’m really bored because all I do is get the customer’s orders and receive their money and hand them their change. I want to be doing the more hands-on work like baking or making coffee but I can’t. This wound on my shoulder isn’t even a big deal!

As I'm just standing in front of the cash register, I notice a familiar figure walking in the shop. He walks over to the counter and I stare at him like I see a ghost. He waves his hand over my face, causing me to snap out of my stare.

“Yong Guk oppa, what are you doing here?”

“Obviously to see you and to order something.”

“… Oh… ok… Hello, welcome to Cherry Blossom Crescent. What would you like to order? Wait, you’re here to see me?”

“Yeah I’m here to see you. We’re friends aren’t we? I’d like to have a small iced Americano and two pieces of mango and raspberry macaroons please.”

“Yeah…. Please sit at a table and we’ll serve your order in a few minutes.”

I don’t know what I’m thinking right now. Why is he here to see me? Did he forget about what happened last night, when I rejected his kiss twice? He looks as if nothing even happened. Whew at least he’s not angry at me or anything.

At the same time Mae Ee and Je Si were peaking from the kitchen, giggling. They come over to me, gives Yong Guk oppa’s Americano and macaroons, "Tae Ah eonni, give this to him and talk out what happened last night. We'll be fine here." Je Si says.

I walk to oppa’s table and place his food down and take a seat in front of him. “Thanks” he says. It becomes awkwardly quiet for a few minutes until I say something.

“Oppa, I’m sorry for last night.”

“Why?” he asks with a blunt facial expression, as he takes a sip from the ice americano.

“B-because I… Ummm… Rejected your kiss twice last night.”

“It’s ok. I think I know why you did it, and I respect your decisions and actions. We’re only friends but I went ahead and did something friends don’t do. I should be the one to say sorry.”

-

It’s been three or four months since the incident and my friendship between Yong Guk oppa has gotten better. He always visits the shop in the morning but doesn’t drop me off to my other work because assistant Choi has to. During the past three or four months, many guys that have fathers that own well-known companies try to ask me out on a date but I immediately reject them because I know their intentions; if I date them, and I fall for them, then they become closer to taking my place away from me. Or they only date me because of my money, and I hate that.

Narrator’s POV

At the same time, Yong Guk is clenching his fist at the sight of guys flirting on Tae Ah and he can’t help but punch the wall next to him. Actually he can’t punch the wall because he’s hiding behind a tree, so he punches that instead. *I’ve got to tell her how I really feel about her before those whimsy guys do*

End Narrator’s POV

I’m in my office, working on some paperwork when my phone rings. I pick it up to answer and I hear Yong Guk oppa’s deep y voice on the other side of the line. “Hey Tae Ah-ya” I try to keep my voice steady and calm but inside I’m squealing my head off.

“Oh. Wae oppa? Is there something you need?”

“Yeah. After work, I want to take you somewhere”

“Ok. Where are we going?”

“Not telling. I’ll pick you up in front of your building at 11:30.”

“Ok. Bye” and I hang up the phone. Why does he want to meet me? Doeshis shift end early? Maybe he needs to tell me something. I don’t know why but I’m feeling really excited to meet up with him. Now I can’t focus on my work, and I still have like 5 hours left till I finish work. FOCUS!

-

Finally, it’s 11:30 and I decide to head out. I walk, or more like fast walk to the main building doors. As I walk out I see him dressed in semi-formal clothes. I skip towards him like a child and he gives me a gummy smile while jokingly shakes his head at my childish behaviour. Lucky I changed from my heels to flats or else I’d be tripping and my face would be having a painful meeting with the concrete floor. He opens the door for me and we drive away.

“Oppa, where are we going?”

“You’ll know when we get there.”

We arrive at the Han River, and the view is so beautiful. We walk slowly on the bridge, reading the messages as it lights up when we walk by. We arrive on the other side of the bridge and find a nearby park and we sit on one of the benches. Yong Guk oppa seemed really restless while we were driving from here till now, I don’t know what’s going on with him.

“Oppa, are you ok? You seem so restless. Is there something wrong?”

“No, there’s nothing wrong. I just want to tell you something but I don’t know how to start it.”

I give him time to gather the things he wants to say and begins. “For the past few months, as we got closer as friends, you’ve been getting asked out by random guys that I think is not worthy of dating you.”

“Oppa are you jealous of me getting asked out?”

“What? No! Well… Fine, yes. But it was because they were asking you so carelessly. I didn’t like it and I feel you need someone better than those guys.”

During the time he's been talking, he's looking at the river but when he finishes the last sentence, he looks into my eyes filled with emotions I don’t understand. He then takes my hand into his and continues. “Tae Ah-ya, I only come to confess to you now, but it’s this way because I wanted us to get to know each other more instead of rushing to relationship. I’ve actually liked you since I first lay my eyes on you, saying you caught me at first sight. I know you don’t like corny lines, but I don’t how else to express my feelings but like this.” He lets out a small laugh, then says those five words while our eyes are both locked together, “Tae Ah, will you be my girlfriend?”

 

 

 

 


GAAAHHHHHHHH! Will she accept????

DID YOU GUYS SEE DAEHYUN, YOUNGJAE, YONGGUK AND HIMCHAN'S TEASER PHOTOS???? ASRFKBENLDQAEYUALNJFEDF

I CAN'T CONTAIN THE FEELS!!!! IMAGINE THE REST OF THEM!!!!!!