A whole day with you

Caught me at first sight

I wake up and I find myself lying down on such a comfy bed. Wait. This isn’t my bed. Shocked I get off the bed but then a sharp pain shot through my right shoulder. Then I remember what happened last night. I look at my wound but it was bandaged nicely. Then I notice again that I’m only wearing a singlet on with my jeans. I sighed in relief, knowing that nothing else bad happened to me. I still don’t know where I am and I smell something nice, so I slowly get off the bed and walk towards the kitchen. As I get to the kitchen I see a man stealthily making food. I couldn’t make out who it is, so I walk closer but then I trip on the leg of the stool chair, he turns around in surprise. “Tae Ah-ya, are you alright?” he asks as he helps me get to my feet. “Y-yeah.”

He brings me to the dining table, helping me to sit down on one of the chairs, making sure I don’t trip again. I’m not that clumsy. He goes into the kitchen and back out again carrying two plates of food. He places one plate in front of me and one in front of him. The plates contains different kinds of food, something I would eat back in Australia. Wow. He can cook. How nice! I take a bite and it tastes delectable.

“Sorry you didn’t sleep in comfortable clothes. I thought it would’ve been awkward for you to suddenly be dressed in different clothes not knowing who changed you. And also it’ll be awkward for me to change you. It was awkward enough taking your top off to clean your wound.” He confesses as his face starts to turn as red as a cherry tomato.

“It’s ok oppa. Thank you for looking after me last night. How can I repay you?” I say after.

He blushes a bit after responding, “I called both the shop and the company saying you’re not able to work today because you got injured. You’re going to be spending this day with me. I called one of your cousin earlier to bring you a fresh set of clothes.” What? I’m not working today?

“But oppa the shop needs me to help them bake the cakes and I need to finish my paper works.”

“They all said that they could take over for you. They say that you work too much so you should take a day off. I agree with them.” I can’t argue back since he already told them I can’t work today.

“Oppa, let me wash the dishes since you cooked." I say as I start picking up the plates but then Yong Guk takes the plates off me and places them in the sink.

“No. you need to rest. Your wound hasn’t fully recovered. Go sit on the couch and watch tv.”

Fine. Be like that. I stomp my way to living room, falling to the couch but I fell to hard putting too much pressure on my shoulder. I wince in pain and Yong Guk oppa comes running in the living room with hands soaking in soap. I tell him I’m fine and he slowly makes his way back to the kitchen.

I was waiting for him to finish cleaning the kitchen when the doorbell rang. I ran to open the door and I see Je Si holding my duffle bag. I guess it has my clothes in it. I take it and tell her to come inside but declines, and instead gives me mischievous look and runs off. I roll my eyes, close the door and head back to the living room, seeing oppa sitting peacefully on the couch.

“Oppa I’m going to take a shower.”

“Ok. The bathroom is the door next to my room.” I walk to the bathroom. I take a few minutes in the shower since it was painful getting water on my wound. After I finish I slowly put my clothes on, but I can’t bandage the wound so I decide to call oppa.

“Umm… Oppa?”

“Yeah?”

“Can you help me put the bandage back on? I can’t reach it.”

“ok”

 

He comes in the bathroom, I’m only wearing a singlet on top, he’s already seen me in a singlet but I still feel shy since we're in the bathroom. He sits on the sink to get a better level at fixing the bandage. After he finishes, I turn around to thank him but I notice our faces were inches away from each other. Yong Guk oppa gently cups the side of my face, our eyes locking to each other’s. His face slowly comes closer to mine. Our eyes and I feel his breath on me. As our lips millimetres apart, I push away.

-

Yong Guk oppa and I decide to walk around in Myeongdeong since it got really awkward back at his place. As we walk around, looking at different things displayed behind shop windows and having talks here and there the awkwardness becomes less and less. He always stays at my right. He says that he stays on that side of me because he's scared that someone might bump my wounded shoulder. I blush at what he says because it seems so corny. Funny, because the first time I saw him he looked like a gangster, but as I got to know him more he was actually a softy.

Our feet start to hurt so we walk to a nearby ice-cream shop. Looking at all the different flavours presented to me I don’t know which to choose so Yong Guk oppa chose for me. I sit on an empty table and wait for him to get our order. When he comes back he hands me green tea ice cream. I haven’t tasted green tea ice cream so I give it a try. I fell in love with it.

-

We stay in the ice cream shop until around 6pm. Oppa then drives us for dinner at this fancy restaurant. After dinner I offer to pay but he says he already paid beforehand.

After driving around for a while, he stops the car close to the Namsan Tower. It’s a beautiful view, the colours of the lights and the view of the city at night, it was breath taking. We take the elevator to that very top and walks to the very edge of the building, gazing at every detail of our surrounding. I am amazed that something beautiful like this was made. I suddenly feel a pair of eyes staring at me. I turn to look and I see Yong Guk oppa looking at with soft eyes. He comes closer to me and I feel my heart beating faster. His hands hold the side of my arms and his face gets closer to mine. My heart is beating so rapidly it feels like it’s going to explode as his lips move closer to mine. Our lips are millimetres apart, but then I push him away. Again.

“I’m sorry.”

-

I’m back at home and I feel really worn out. The trip back home was the most awkward time I have ever been in. No one said a single word to each other and we both kept our eyes on the road.

I can’t believe I rejected him twice today. Maybe he thinks I don’t like him. I feel so…

 

 

 

 


Updated twice today~ please comment TT.TT