New Year, new start. But with you

Caught me at first sight

I’m back at work and I feel sadder than I have ever felt before, I somewhat miss my parents a lot. I wanted to stay longer and celebrate New Year with them but I have to go to work. It’s New Year’s Eve and I’m at work. Later on tonight BAP is having a party and has invited me and my cousins to celebrate with them so we accept. I can’t focus on my work because of my parents. I call Yong Guk oppa, he seems to have just woken up when answers the phone.

“Oppa, can we meet up? I can’t focus on my work.” I say on the phone, at the breach of crying, my voice trembling. He suddenly gets surprised and I hear quick shuffling on the other side of the line.

“Tae Ah, princess, are you ok? What’s wrong? Don’t worry I’ll be there as soon as I can. Wait for me alright?”

-

He comes to my office after what, ten, twenty minutes. I see him rush in and his hair is all ruffled up and his button up shirt isn’t done properly. I slightly laugh at his appearance. I approach him and I give him a tight hug around his waist. He immediately softens and hugs back. He breaks the hug and takes me out to the nearest park outside the building.

We sit on an empty bench, I rest my head on his shoulder and he intertwines his hand with mine. In this time I feel content. We stay like that for a moment until he asks me why I’m sad, and I tell him. As I tell him, he embraces me into a warm hug.

“Don’t worry, I’ll always be here when you’re sad or when you need comforting.” He says as he continues to embrace me. My face turns pink.

-

I go back to work and I'm able to focus a lot more than earlier. I'm able to finish the things I need to work on for today, and by the time I finish, I think to myself that the party starts in an hour. I pack my things neatly on my desk and hand the paper works to assistant Choi.

I drive home, walk to my room, and take out what I’m going to wear to the party and go into the bathroom to take a shower. I walk out after my warm shower and notice that Mae Ee and Je Si are all prepared. They look so pretty with make-up on and their dresses are so nice~ I put on my dress and heels, not bothering to put on make-up but Je Si and Mae Ee put on some for me, saying I need to look pretty for my boyfriend.

-

The party was being held at our place since it’s more spacious. We ordered food earlier and baked a cake and other sweets. The place is looking really nice, with all the streamers, balloons and other decorations put up.

It’s 8:30pm and the guests are going to arrive soon. Suddenly the doorbell rings. Je Si opens the door and we hear men shouting “WARRRRRRIOR HOOO!!” from outside as they come in. When BAP all come in, we all laugh at their sudden crazy behaviour. The two youngest boys and Him Chan oppa wander around the house but as they reach upstairs, Yong Guk oppa scolds them for almost walking into a girl’s room. The three blush from embarrassment and comes back down to the living room where the rest of us are.

We gather around the table besides kitchen, ready to eat. I was supposed to cook all the food but I was at work and the girls were in the shop, serving customers and baking the dessert, so none of us had time to stay home to cook. Instead we ordered food, but not the fatty kind. Everyone digs in, especially Zelo and Dae Hyun.

-

After we’re all content with the food, we set it all aside and gather in the living, bring out some drinks, but not too much because no one wants to be drunk like the last time we had a party. We form a circle and thought of a game to play. Young Jae then thinks of a game.

“Why don’t we play ‘spin the bottle’? Whoever the top part of the bottle lands on is the one to be dared and whoever is on the opposite side will give the dare. The consequences for not completing the dare will result in kissing the one who gives the dare.”

Everyone agrees to play and their game faces switch on. Zelo spins the bottle, it lands on Dae Hyun (gives dare) and Je Si (dared). Dae Hyun puts on an evil smirk and runs to the kitchen and comes out with a whole piece of cheesecake and explains his dare,

“Since I love cheesecake so much, I want you to eat this whole lot within three minutes while dancing.”

Je Si gulps in fear; fear that she’ll have to kiss Dae Hyun. Her face then turns from worry to determination. Someone holds a wristwatch and counts down for Je Si, “3, 2, 1, GO!” She stuffs her whole face in the cheesecake, not bothering to use a spoon while she dances to Sistar’s ‘Loving U’. We all laugh at how ridiculous she looks. Before 3 minutes, she finishes the whole cake. Dae Hyun stares at her in disbelief, then pouts because he doesn’t get a kiss.

Zelo spins it again and it lands on Mae Ee and Jong UP. Jong Up blushes a little and listens to Mae Ee’s dare.

“Jong Up I dare you to do your coolest and iest dance moves.”

Jong Up tries his best to fail so that he could kiss Mae Ee, but everyone knows that you can’t really fail with her dare, he just needs to do it and ha passes. He refuses to do it and everyone notices. We all crack up laughing at him wanting a kiss from Mae Ee but then mentions that she has a boyfriend. Eventually Jong up dances, but unwillingly because Yong Guk oppa says that if he doesn’t do it he has to kiss one of the guys.

Final spin, it lands on Him Chan oppa and Yong Guk oppa. Him Chan lets out a loud laugh and proceeds.

“Bang. Yong. Guk. Handsome Him Chan, dares you to do your best aegyo. All of us will decide whether you pass or not.”

Yong Guk oppa shoots lasers through his eyes at Him Chan oppa. He then slowly brings up both his hands to his face, and makes weird faces and high pitch sounds.

Everyone looks at each other and crack up in laughter. All the guys roll around on the floor, grasping on the sides of their stomachs. Yong Guk oppa then stops and pouts. Wow. Yong Guk oppa just pouted. They guys see him pouting and they laugh even more. Zelo was all teary from laughing too much. I pat oppa's back to comfort him but it’s no use because I’m laughing as well. I thought it was cute. We were all going to say fail but then he pouted so we pass him.

-

It’s thirty minutes before New Year and I decide to call my parents. They seem to be partying too, with the aunties singing on the karaoke again. I let out a small laugh from their cliché parties. I send them a happy new year message and hang up the line after saying goodbye. I walk to help Yong Guk oppa to carry the drinks to bring to the rooftop. We all head to the rooftop and take out some sparklers. Five minutes before New Year. We have a pretty good view of Han River Bridge, so we can see the fireworks later. One minute before New Year. Everyone brings a chair each, close to the side of the roof and starts the countdown.

“10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1! HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!! WOOOOH!!!” Cheers, whistles and fireworks spread the night sky.

It’s a start of a new year. I’m not able to spend it with my family, but I’m able to spend it with Yong Guk oppa and all the other guys (including my cousins).

-

Everyone goes home at 2 in the morning, but Yong Guk oppa decides to sleep over. We don’t have a guest room, “Oppa, you can sleep on the couch.” I say to him as I walk to the stairs, to get him a blanket and pillow. Oppa then wraps his arms around my waist, causing me to stop.

“I don’t want to sleep there, I’ll be cold.” Oppa complains.

“That’s why I’m going upstairs to get you a warm blanket.” I answer back, oblivious to what he really wants.

“Can I sleep with you instead?”

“WHAT?! Why?” I ask, shocked to what he says.

“I didn’t stay behind to sleep on the couch. Plus I did aegyo for you earlier.” He reasons.

“But what about the girls? They’ll be awkward.” I reason back. Then I hear Je Si shout from the kitchen,

“WE DON’T CARE WHAT YOU DO! JUST STOP ACTING LIKE THAT, I FEEL SO FOREVER ALONE!”

I sigh in defeat and we both head to my room together after washing up separately. He excitedly lies on my bed like a kid and I follow behind. When I lie down he immediately engulfs me in his arms, cuddling me like crazy. At first I try to struggle out but then I get comfortable and I stay still. No one talks and just enjoys our time like this.

 

 

 

 


update~

Please tell me if you're liking my story *puppy eyes*

i do not own any of these images