Releasing stress

Caught me at first sight

I come back to the shop to settle the matters with the investors. After I finished that I go straight to work (Samsung). I still haven’t adapted to working two jobs and I was feeling stressed. Paperwork keeps piling up and I can’t handle, so I’ll work till late at night to finish at least more than half of the work.

-

It’s past midnight and I’m getting tired. I pack up my things (if I could since there are so many papers scattered around. I walk out of my office and notice there were only a few people left working. I walk out of the building, take out my mobile phone and call my cousins to ask them if they want have a small drink. They agree to come and suggested that we go to a club near where I am. I say yes and tell them I’ll be there first to get us seats and drinks.

I arrive at the club earlier than the other two so I sit at one of the high tables and ordered our drinks. Soon after ten minutes or so Mae Ee and Je Si arrives and I look at them baffled as to why they’re dressed so prettily. They simply say “It’s a club and you have to dress like this.” Oh my…

The drinks came earlier so they sat right down and takes a drink each. After they finish their drinks they call a waiter and ask for more. While they were waiting for their drinks, since there are quite a few people on the dance floor, the two decide to dance for a bit. I’m not those types of people who like to dance with random strangers so I stay on my seat and watch them have their type of “fun”.

 

I wave them over, signalling them that our drinks are coming soon, so they wriggle, or dance, their way back to our able. We are having small chats about our day when one of the waiters come over at our table and served our drinks. We thank him, but he seems to stay in his spot staring at me, his eyes never leaving mine. Then his lips turn to a gummy smile.

“Hey, have we met somewhere before?” he asks.

“I don’t think so… Have we?”

“Yeah… I think we did. This morning you left your planner on the desk you sat on in that coffee shop.” He says as he holds out this small brown leather book in his hand. “My name is Yong Guk by the way, Bang Yong Guk.” He says after handing me my planner. I take it shyly. “My name is Kang Tae Ah.”

 

He decides to stay at our table since there were quite a lot of workers that attended tonight. It becomes awkward for Je Si and Mae Ee since Yong Guk Isn’t focusing on them but me. I know I sound self-centred just then but the other two notices as well. “Umm… We’re just going to go to the toilet. Be right back~” Je Si sings half way her sentence as she drags away the confused Mae Ee.

Yong Guk and I have small chats because we were still awkward with each other, but as time went by we were having comfortable conversations, getting to know each other more. Turns out he’s only two years older than me.

“The girls are taking such a long in the toilet. Why aren’t they back yet?” I ask out loud. Suddenly my phone, as if on cue, lights up, meaning that I received a message. I pick up my phone and open up the message.

 

From: Jesi

Yo! We’re already at home. Have fun with Mr hot shot! Oh, and I nearly forgot to tell you that I drove your car back. MWUAHAHA ;P

 

I don’t know what to say. Yong Guk is looking at me weirdly. Maybe because I’m staring at my phone like I saw a ghost. “My cousins left me and took my car. Now I have no ride home.”

”Oh. Maybe… I… I can take… you… home… heh…”he shyly confesses while rubbing the back of his neck.

“Is it ok if you can?  I mean I can just take the bus home, I don’t want to trouble you.”

“No. It’s ok, I can take you home. My shift is over anyway… And plus, it’s dangerous for a girl like you to be going out alone at a time like this.”

 

I hesitantly accept his offer to drop me back home. We walk to his car, he politely opens the door for me and I get in. While driving back to the apartment, it became awkward again. Since it is going to be quite a long ride home, I decide to start a conversation. It goes well, actually, too well because since we are so immersed in our conversations I we almost miss the building.

 

We come to a stop just in front of the building. We stay where we are for a couple of minutes until he speaks up. “It was nice seeing you for the second time today. Thank you.”

“It was nice meeting you too. But why are you thanking me?”

It’s dark in the car but I can see him turning red in the face. “Never mind… I’ll be seeing you around again… right?”

“Yeah… Maybe…”

“Ok then… goodnight…”

 

 

 

 


Did you guys like this chapter? I hope so

Please continue to read my story and, comment!