Press conference

Caught me at first sight

I stayed in oppa’s place for a little while more until I full calm down. It’s currently 9pm and it’s getting late. We chat about what I’m going to say at the press conference that I’ve decided to hold. I want to tell them what I’m planning to do and I want to prove them that not everyone needs to have ties with other companies to have a successful business.

I call assistant Choi even though it’s a bit late, but I think he’s still working. When he answers, I tell him to set up a date for a press conference and to call up reporters. I’m prepared for any criticism they throw at me. In a few days, I will be standing in front of many reporters and writers. To tell you the truth, I’m actually afraid of speaking in front of big audiences. But I must overcome my fear for all that I love.

-

The day of the conference has come. Assistant Choi, oppa, my cousins and I are waiting behind the doors, where on the other side people are waiting for me to come out. There are those that want to hear me say my reasons and there are those that simply want to see me fail.

In a few minutes, I will walk in the room. I need fill myself with confidence and determination – determination of proving everyone wrong about me. I will not be discouraged by anyone and I will fight for those I love.

Assistant Choi tells me to get ready and opens the door. I take a deep breath and take my first few steps into the room. Then suddenly as I walk in, many cameras flash at me and I try to keep a calm expression. I walk up to the mini stage, I respectfully bow to them and I stand in front of the mikes and I introduce myself.

(haha, it’s a man standing on the stage. Idk when and what this was about… just pretend Tae Ah was on the stage.)

“Hello, my name is Kang Tae Ah, CEO of Samsung branch. I have gathered all of you here today because of some matters that have occurred a few days ago.

It is true that I went to Hawaii. Many people saw me in Hawaii with my boyfriend, Mr Bang Yong Guk. Yes, he is a club waiter and yes, he’s just an average man in his early twenties.

I was born here, but I was raised in Australia. When I first came here more than a year ago, I was just an average girl. I came here with my cousins to follow our dreams of starting our own business. I worked with much effort to achieve what has become of our café now and we’re very proud of it.

To make our café more achievable, I decided to go back to study in university. Bear in mind that I was still an average girl, going back to study. I attended classes like everyone else. The only thing that became different with me from everyone else was that I was offered a position to take over Samsung for Mr Chang.

I accepted his offer, and I was able to continue to live my life like I wanted it; full of achievements and hard work. Now for almost a year, I’ve been working as CEO in Samsung. I’ve worked diligently, like how everyone else works persistently for what they want.

I was a completely average before and even after I accepted Mr Chang’s offer. I’m still average on this day, just like Mr Bang. Many people, who watch, read and listen to the news and media think that Mr Bang is a low class man. But I don’t think that way of him, or of anybody.

People label one another by social status, but in reality everyone is equally the same. Mr Bang does not deserve to be treated in this way. He does not deserve to be included in this situation, because it’s not about business. Being in a relation does not relate to business whatsoever.

I have chosen to date Mr Bang, not because of whatever you think; because he seduced me or whatever. I like him because of his personality and he does not find interest in me because of money.

I have come to my decision that I will not be connecting relationships with the world of business. Many people say that having ties with other companies is an advantage, I agree, but not in a way that involves being in a relationship. I want to prove the public that by working hard, anyone can achieve anything.

That is why I have also decided that within a five month period, Samsung will be starting from scratch to create a new product. And by the end of the five months, we will give you a prototype that is ready for the rest of Korea to see and try out. If I fail to succeed in this, I will give up my position and quit being CEO of Samsung.”

I come to my conclusion and I finish all that I need to say. The audience then all stand at almost the same time, raising their recorders and cameras at me, trying to ask me questions all at one time. I bow to them and assistant Choi helps me out the exit without getting pulled in by the reporters who want their questions to be answered.

We head out the building, towards assistant Choi’s car. I sit in the car and soon after oppa and my cousins come in, and we drive off.

“Woah Tae Ah, I never knew you had that much confidence in you to be able to do what you just did. Before you never like cameras and speaking in front of an audience, now look at you all grown up.” Mae Ee says, impressed. I nod in agreement.

“Sorry to interrupt, but Miss Kang, how are we going to create a new product from scratch and be able to finish within five months?” assistant Choi asks while driving the car.

“Assistant Choi, we can do it. Don’t focus on the negative and instead focus on the positive.” I say my nose high in the air, filled with confidence.

Then Yong Guk oppa speaks from the front passenger seat, “Princess, thanks for standing up for me earlier. I really like what you did back there.”

I give him an assuring smile, “Guys, just trust me on this. If we all work together, we can accomplish anything. And we can prove everyone wrong about us.” I say, full of determination.

 

 

 

 


hey guys~ I'm going to start posting every second day or so, because i've got a test coming up soon and i need to study for it. i hope you're liking my story right now, i think it's a little boring since it's only about business and whatever.

And with my previous comment about the end of the story, i was just joking! i've actually thought of an ending, but it's not official.

oh yeah, please anticipate the up-coming chapters when this problem is over. BTS!!!