Me, well-known? Nah

Caught me at first sight

Every morning at 5 I always go to the shop to bake early. I know we hired bakery chefs but I don’t want them to rush and get tired since they report to work at 6:30 and the shop opens at 8. An hour and a half isn’t much time to prepare all the cakes and other sweets served, so I wake up earlier to make the cheesecakes and macaroons.

It’s currently 6, the cheesecakes are in the oven and I’ve made 8 batches of different flavours for the macaroons, when my phone rings. It’s Mae Ee and she tells me that Yong Guk came to our apartment just now to look for me but she said I was already working so he went off to drive to the shop. A few minutes later I hear someone come in. It’s Yong Guk, and his face is lightens up with happiness. I call him into the kitchen and he stands beside me as he watches me bake. “Yong Guk-sshi, what are you doing here so early in the morning?”

Yong Guk’s POV

Flashback

I drive to Tae Ah’s place because I want to take her to work. I don’t really know what time she goes to work but I’ll go early just in case. It’s 5:30 right now, a bit too early but I’m eager to see her. I don’t know why I’m like this but there’s something about her that makes me feel attracted to her. I know we’re just friends but I feel something more.

I’m in front of her apartment door, I ring the doorbell. I was expecting Tae Ah to open the door but I see a sleepy Mae Ee answering instead. “Ohh… Yong Guk oppa, what are you doing here so early in the morning?”

“I’m here to see Tae Ah. Is she here?”

“No, she's at the shop baking.” Mae Ee answers back while yawning.

“Oh. Ok then, I’ll just go visit her there. I don’t really have her number yet so I couldn’t contact her.” And with that I bow and say bye and  I run to the car, leaving Mae Ee standing at the front door confused and clueless as to what has occurred.

 

End of POV

 

“Uhhh… I came to visit you. We’re friends anyway, so why can’t I visit you? And why are you still calling me Yong Guk-sshi? Your cousins are already calling me oppa, so might as well call me that too.”

“Well… Ok then... O-Oppa. Go sit over at one of the tables, I’ll prepare a nice warm cup of coffee for you.” He gives me a gummy smile before heading towards any table. I think I saw him skip a little. Weird, he looks like a bad-boy type but he’s acting like that.

 

I come to the table he sits at and places the coffee down in front of him. “Why didn’t you call me before coming?”

“I don’t have your number.” He simply says as he lifts the cup towards his lips.

“Here then.” I walk over to the counter to take a piece of paper and pen. I scribble some numbers on it, then I hand it to him as I sit on the chair in front of him. He takes it slowly, and his ears go bright red.

“I was thinking of driving you to your other work if you don’t mind.” He says after a few minutes of silence.

“Sure, I wouldn’t mind at all. I finish work here at around lunch.”

-

It’s 8am and people are starting to walk in the shop. I have to leave Yong Guk to serve the customers. 9am, my cousins arrive, late again, to work. They see Yong Guk sitting at one of the tables and they run to me behind the cash register. “Unni, why is Yong Guk oppa here? To see you? Because HE LOVES YOU!” Je Si says, over exaggerating every word as she spreads out her arms and spins me around in a circle. This girl seriously, so early in the morning and she’s high.

-

It’s 11:20am and I change into a more formal, work-like dress and heels and head out to Yong Guk. “Oppa, let’s go.” He stares at me with wide eyes, slowly stands up and walks quickly to his car by himself. Strange.

-

He drops me off in front of the Samsung building, bid our farewells and go our own way. As I walk to my office, assistant Choi comes over to me. “Tae Ah-sshi, make yourself look pretty because a news reporter is here to interview you.” What? Me? Why?

I walk into my office and there was a cameraman and a woman holding mike, revising what she needs to say. She sees me and we both greet each other with a 90degree bow. I sit down on my seat and everything happens really quickly. The camera is recording and the reporter introduces herself to the camera.

“Hello this is Gye Hye Mi, reporting in Samsung building. Here today I sit with the first female of Korea to become CEO of the Samsung branch. Hello Tae Ah-sshi how are you today?”

“I’m fine, thank you.”

The reporter asks many questions relating to the business and how I had come to receive such an offer from Mr Chang. I manage to answer all her questions carefully and willingly. All is going well and  she comes to her last question. “Tae Ah –sshi, now that you’re the CEO, what’s your motto for the company?”

“Umm… I didn’t choose to accept Mr Chang’s offer for the money or anything like that. I chose to accept his offer because I thought of those who love Samsung and would like to make them happy and satisfied with what they buy from this brand. So I think my motto would be to serve and make consumers happy before anything else.”

Thirty minutes after my interview with Ms Gye Hye Mi, everyone in the building decides to watch the news together. After watching the interview, everyone claps. I feel proud of myself, and I think they do too.

 

-

 

Night came by fast and assistant Choi dropped me to where Yong Guk oppa works since assistant Choi always passes by there. I enter the building and it’s quite busy. I sit on the counter and see oppa serving drinks.  He sees me, I wave at him and he approaches me with a gummy smile, happy to see me. “Hi oppa, I came to see you~”

“Hey, I’m kind of busy right now. Are you ok with staying here by yourself? I’ll give you a drink for free since you came to see me.” I give him a small nod and he goes away and comes back with a pretty colored drink, then goes away again to serve the other customers.

-

I think an hour or two has passed and I’m getting tired waiting for him. Just as I was about to get up he comes dressed in his normal clothes; black jeans and a plain white V-neck shirt. I guess his shift is over. We walk out of the building, I look around the parking lot but I can’t seem to find his car. “Umm… Oppa where’s your car?”

“I parked it somewhere else because my work mates thought that I accept taking people home. So I said I don’t take my car with me anymore and that I just use the bus.” I laugh at what he said and he leads the way to his car.

We walk slowly on the footpath, having our usual conversation, like what happened today and yeah. As we are walking we hear footsteps behind us but we ignore it. But then I feel a hand grab my arm, causing me to turn around to look at him. He seems to be a man around our age holding a bottle of wine. I think he’s drunk since he couldn’t even stand properly.

“Hey wanna have fun with me tonight pretty girl?” he says as he pulls me closer to him.

“No. I don’t want to. Please let go – “He suddenly grabs my jaw and brings my face closer to his.

“You look familiar. I’ve seen you somewhere before.”

“Hey. I suggest you let go of her before I call the police.” Oppa threatens as he comes closer to the drunk man.

The man tests him. “Make me” Yong Guk harshly pushes the man away, grabs hold of my wrist and walks away. As we are walking away, I hear glass break then pain on my right shoulder. I turn my head to look at it, use my left hand to touch it. I feel liquid coming out of my shoulder, thanks to the light post I can tell it was blood. My legs are feeling weak and it gives way, making me fall to the ground. I turn my head towards Yong Guk oppa, seeing him punch the drunken man in the face, making him unconscious and calls someone on his phone. He ends the call and comes towards me. My eyelids are getting heavy. I hear him calling my name but I can’t respond. After that everything went black.

 

 

 

 


ooooooh! long chapter! 

How adorable is Yong Guk?? 

Should I include an angst tag to this story? Please comment and give me suggestions for improvements.

Thank you for reading till now! I LOVE YOU GUYS~~~~ 

If there are grammatical errors, I'm sorrrrrry. Like the last chapter I put up... "he shyly confesses while rubbing the back of my neck." GUYS!!! how embarrassing! lol Don't worry! I fixed it before other people read it like that haha!