Never thought I would be seeing you again

Caught me at first sight

It’s been a few months since we officially started selling our new smart phones to the public. So far there haven’t been any complaints about them, and I’m feeling happy and accomplished.

Right now I’m in my office, getting some paper work done, and also later on I’m going to have to meet some people from other businesses. Because since a lot of my employees are suggesting that having help from other businesses are an advantage, I might as well listen to their advice even though I said I wouldn’t get help from other companies.

As I write things on pieces of paper, assistant Choi knocks on my door. He comes in and tells me that I have a visitor.

“Is it Yong Guk oppa?” I ask, feeling happy that he came.

“No, it’s a young and tall-looking man. He told me to tell you that he’ll be waiting for you in the park across the road.” He informs me. My smile then fades because it’s not oppa. I guess I have to check who it is.

I complete the rest of what I need to write and sign off, and I head towards the main entrance of the building. I exit and I walk to the park.

I walk around, looking for a man that assistant Choi described about – young and tall. I then see one similar sitting on one of the benches. I slowly walk towards, and somehow he looks familiar; he’s got black hair and defined facial features.

As I walk closer, I finally remember who he is. I never thought I would be seeing him again…

His name is Jeon Jung Gook, a guy who was in the same year level as me back in Australia. He was one of those popular types of kids. In Australia, we didn’t really have kingkas or anything like that in school, and neither did he act like one.

I stand a meter or so away from him and he looks up from the ground, feeling a presence. When he sees me standing in front of him, he smiles widely. I slightly melt from his smile. *What are you thinking Tae Ah? Get a hold of yourself. He might not be the same as he was in high school* I think, mentally slapping myself. He pats the space next to him, signalling me to sit.

I sit next to him, leaving a distance between us because I feel awkward. I seriously thought that I would never see him again. Why now?

You might be asking as to why I’m not really happy to be seeing him again, well I’ll tell you:

Back in middle school, I liked him. Though he had a cold and mean appearance – like Yong Guk oppa – I heard from my friends who were close with him that he was actually kind-hearted. Hearing those kinds of comments about him made me fall for him.

Since in middle school I was in almost all of his classes, he would sit next to me and we’d play around, not paying attention to the teacher. I had a lot of fun with him during classes and sometimes my friend would get angry at me for leaving her for him.

We had a lot of fun, but I felt like he didn’t have the same feelings about me as I do to him. I ignored my thoughts and continued to follow my heart until I actually, truly liked him. Then one day I had a serious talk with my other friend. She said that I should be careful around him because he can be a player.

That friend of mine used to date Jung Gook and she broke up with him. I heard that he treated her well, so I don’t know why she dumped him.

I’ve liked Jung Gook from middle school through mid-high school. I gave up during my serious years because I knew that we’d never get together. And actually I was really shy to tell him my feelings for him because I knew that I would get rejected, so I never really gave it a try to confess.

During the time we were together as friends, we looked like a couple and my friends shipped us together even though they knew what he was like. That’s the end of my story.

So I’m sitting next to him and I don’t know what to say, but “Hi.”

He replies back, “Hey, how have you been?” He asks me.

“I’ve been really well. How did you know I was here in Korea?” I ask him, feeling confused.

“I’m visiting my grandparents. And your friends told me. And you’ve been on the new lately.” He says, while looking at the trees in the distance in front of us.

“Oh.” Is all I can say.

“I’ve heard that you’re running two businesses? It was on the news as well the other day, talking about your cafe and that you’ve released a new kind of smart phone.” He says.

“Yeah, I have a small café and I’m CEO of Samsung.” I say, feeling happy for myself.

“Well congratulations. How are they both going?” He asks.

“They’re both doing really well actually. I thought I wasn’t able to handle two businesses at one time but I’m doing well. How have you been? I haven’t seen you since the end of high school.”  I say, starting to feel a lot more comfortable around him.

Maybe the feelings are gone now, now that I have Yong Guk oppa.

”That’s good you’re handling two businesses at the same time. For me I’ve been travelling around the world, also taking care of some business.” He says, not making eye contact with me.

It gets quiet, but then he coughs then speaks, “Why don’t we go somewhere to grab a bite since it’s lunch, and we could catch up or something.” He suggests as he stands up from the bench. I stand up too and I accept his invitation, but before I go with him I head back to my office to get my bag and to tell assistant Choi to reschedule my meetings.

-

Jung Gook and I sit on a table filled with food in this restaurant that looks really pretty. We eat and chat, catching up on things we weren’t able to talk about back in the park.

While we’re talking, my phone rings. I look at the caller I.D and it’s Yong Guk oppa. I smile widely as I answer the phone.

“Hi oppa~ why did you call?” I ask him in a slightly cute tone.

“Hey princess, it’s lunch and I just wanted to make sure you’re eating your meals properly.” He says in a deep, soft tone.

I try to hold back my giggle as I reply back, “Yeah, I’m eating right now. Actually I’m with an old classmate of mine from high school.” I casually say as I pop a piece of food in my mouth.

“Really? Who is she?” He asks.

“His name is Jung Gook.” I say.

“WHAT?! It’s a guy?! Why didn’t you tell me you were going to eat out with a guy?” He say, getting all fussy.

 

 

 

 


sorry for the short chapter

hahah junggook!! he's a handsome kid... and guess what? i'm older than him by nine months hehe

OMG BAP'S BADMAN MV TEASER CAME OUT AND I'VE ALREADY WATCHED IT LIKE TEN TIMES!!! I CANT WAIT FOR THE MV TO COME OUT!! KESDFUVBSOLNAB SERIOUSLY BANG YONG GUK LOOKS SO GOOD >.< UGH I CAN'T I neearly screamed really loudly in class when i watched the first 13 seconds of the teaser lol