The Sweetest Flight Home

I Just Want to Love You

After Yong Guk and Yoon-eun got their luggage, Yoon-eun locked up the apartment and they hailed a cab to take them to the airport. After checking-in and getting some souvenirs from the duty-free shops at the airports, they boarded the flight.

Since it was a long flight and they were taking the night flight they slept on the plane almost as soon as they got on.

Hours later, Yong Guk woke up. The first thing he did was to check on Yoon-eun to see how she was doing. When he saw her still deep asleep he smiled and took out his camera from his backpack. Powering on the device, he took snapshots of Yoon-eun again.

Yoon-eun stirred in her sleep and after rubbing her eyes with the back of her hands she opened her eyes and looked around her. When her view landed on Yong Guk, she saw him holding his camera in hand again. Groaning, she lifted up her right hand and covered the camera lens.

“Yong Guk, do you mind letting me sleep in peace? That camera is seriously getting irritating,” Yoon-eun complained.

Yong Guk chuckled and kept his camera away. Pulling Yoon-eun closer to him, he laid her head on his shoulder and whispered in her ear, “Sorry, I couldn’t resist it. You look so peaceful when you were sleeping so I had to capture that moment.”

Yoon-eun who was relaxed in Yong Guk’s embrace rolled her eyes and snuggled closer to him. Yong Guk’s smile simply widened and he hugged her closer.

As the flight slowly made its way to Hong Kong International Airport for the transit, the couple cuddled together and continued their nap all the way there.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The couple stepped into one of the restaurants situated in the airport while waiting for their flight back to Seoul which was three hours away.

Once again Yong Guk did not bother waiting for Yoon-eun to tell him what she wanted. After he had ordered, he saw Yoon-eun looking at him.

“What’s wrong?”Yong Guk asked.

Yoon-eun leaned forward in her seat and continued staring at Yong Guk, “I’m just wondering how you know what food I’ll pick.”

Yong Guk laughed out loud and pinched Yoon-eun’s cheeks, “Have you forgotten that I have spent a year or so with you?”

“I know but it had been six years since you last saw me. What made you think that I have not changed my taste?” Yoon-eun asked as she rubbed her cheeks.

Yong Guk sighed; he could feel that it would be hard getting back into the good books of Yoon-eun. Although Yoon-eun had forgiven him but he knew that it would not be easy for her to forget that he had left her and Jae Hwan for six years.

“Baby, I am your boss and I have been having lunch with you for months before you pull a disappearing act,” Yong Guk reminded.

“Hey, I did not pull a disappearing act alright. I still have lunch with Youngjae, Daehyun, Himchan and Yoojin as usual, you were the one who decided to not join us,” Yoon-eun argued.

Yong Guk chuckled, “I was being kind to give you the space you need and this is what I get,” then he shook his head and sighed, “I should have just be more thick-skin and stuck around you more often. Well, anyway it’s still a fact that you pulled a disappearing act because you went to France without my acknowledgment.”

“Excuse me sir, I applied for my leave through appropriate channels and if I’m not mistaken you were the one who approved it,” Yoon-eun said and stuck out her tongue at Yong Guk.

“I did? Then I must have closed my eyes when I clicked on the approve button. Remind me to be careful with approvals when I get back.” Yoon-eun rolled her eyes and decided to ignore Yong Guk while they waited for their food.

Yong Guk laughed at her reaction and held her hand. Even after the food arrived Yong Guk still did not let go hence causing protest from Yoon-eun once again.

“How am I going to eat my food with you still holding onto my hand?” Yoon-eun asked.

“Well, you got to think of a way then cause I am not letting go. Not now, not forever,” Yong Guk said with a twinkle in his eye. Yoon-eun rolled her eyes again and tried to pull her hand away from Yong Guk’s grasp. However Yong Guk just held it tighter, earning a scrawl from Yoon-eun.

“Well, I guess since you can’t eat with both hands you would have to make do with me feeding you,” Yong Guk said while bringing his spoonful of food in front of Yoon-eun.

Yoon-eun scrunched up her nose and ate the food. “Aren’t you going to feed me too?” Yong Guk asked with the smile still plastered on his face. Yoon-eun unwillingly picked a slice of meat from her dish and fed Yong Guk.

After an ‘enjoying’ meal of endless teasing from Yong Guk, Yoon-eun excused herself to go to the washroom before they boarded the flight again. Yong Guk on the other hand paid for the meal and waited for her.

Since it was just a couple of hours flight back, the couple spent the time chatting.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Baby, how long were you in labour before you gave birth to Jae Hwan?” Yong Guk asked as he played with Yoon-eun’s fingers.

Yoon-eun leaned against his shoulder and thought back of the time when she was about to give birth, “I started having those painful contractions after dinner but thinking that it was just the normal ones that I used to have I just ignored it and went to bed early that night. In the middle of the night the contractions got so much worse that I just could not sleep. I wanted to get out of bed to make myself a glass of warm milk but I could barely sit up. I gave Ji-hye a call and she was so anxious that she asked me not to move around and that she would come for me soon. When Ji-hye reached I was already barely able to move. The contractions were getting so bad that Jongup had to carry me to the car.” Yong Guk kissed the top of Yoon-eun’s head and held her closer to him as she took a sip from the bottle of water they got from the air stewardess earlier on.

“The nurse said that my water bag has not broken so they made me stayed in a room and allowed Ji-hye to accompany me. I can’t remember how long I waited before the water bag broke and I was due for labour. Ji-hye said that it took nearly 14 hours before the nurse decided that I was going to give birth and sent me to the operation theatre leaving Ji-hye and Jongup outside,” Yoon-eun giggled as she remembered the panic look on Ji-hye’s face as she went through the contractions.

“What? The nurse left you there all alone with Ji-hye for 14 hours before sending the doctor to tend to you? Which hospital did they send you to? I have to lodge a complaint about them. Can you imagine what would happen to you and Jae Hwan if anything were to go wrong?”

Yoon-eun laughed upon seeing Yong Guk’s angry face; she placed her palm on his chest and calmed him down, “Relax, this is what they do in every hospital. I wasn’t ready for labour anyway so they just left me until I was ready. Besides the nurse did not left me there alone with Ji-hye, she came back to check on me time and again.”

Yong Guk relaxed the frown on his face and rubbed Yoon-eun’s hair soothingly, “Luckily nothing bad happened to you or Jae Hwan, if not I would not have known what to do.” He brought her hand to his lips and gently kissed the back of it.

Yoon-eun simply kept quiet, smiled and closed her eyes at the same time taking in the delicious smell of Yong Guk.