Individual’s Problem

I Just Want to Love You

Himchan carried Jae Hwan out of the cab and rang the doorbell of Jongup’s and Ji-hye’s home. The first thing he did when he reached the Incheon International Airport was to bring this little angel back to his godparent’s side because he knew how much they missed having him around.

Nearly a minute after Himchan rang the doorbell; Jongup appeared at the gate to open it for Himchan.

“Hey bro, sorry to make you come all the way here, Ji-hye wasn’t feeling too well so I didn’t want to leave her,” Jongup said and gave his friend a light punch on the shoulder.

“No problem about that but if you don’t carry your godson soon I’ll bring him home with me,” Himchan smiled and said.

Upon hearing that Jongup immediately took his sleeping godson from Himchan and patted his back. Himchan laughed when he saw this. Jongup just made him seemed like he was stealing away someone’s child.

After giving instructions to the taxi driver to wait for him, Himchan took out Jae Hwan’s luggage and followed Jongup into the house. He sat the luggage down on the bedroom floor as Jongup put Jae Hwan to sleep on the bed. After making sure that little Jae Hwan was sound asleep the two men exited the room and Jongup sent Himchan out.

“Thanks buddy,” Jongup said and lightly slapped Himchan’s back.

“No problem, go back to your wife. I have to get going, still got to work tomorrow,” Himchan said and got into the cab.

After sending Himchan off, Jongup made his way back into the house and went to the bedroom to accompany his precious wife.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jongup and Ji-hye’s bedroom

“Himchan left?” Ji-hye asked Jongup who had just entered through the door.

Jongup nodded his head and climbed up the bed to sit beside his wife. He pulled Ji-hye into his embrace and kissed her temple. After that he placed his right hand on Ji-hye’s swollen belly and caressed it.

Ji-hye was already in her sixth month of pregnancy and she was still not alright. As her pregnancy continued she could feel that her condition was getting worse. “How are you feeling?” Jongup asked softly.

“I’m doing fine. Stop worrying about me, besides you have been beside me the whole day. How’s Jae Hwan?” Ji-hye touched Jongup’s right hand and said.

“He’s sleeping in the room. You should go to sleep too, its getting late and the doctor said you need plenty of rest.”

Ji-hye laid her head on Jongup’s shoulder and interlaced her fingers with the fingers on Jongup’s right hand, “I’m fine and I have rested enough for the day. Do you think Yoon-eun will find Jae Hwan’s father this time round in France?”

Jongup shook his head, “I don’t know. Actually I don’t understand why Yoon-eun persists on going to France every year. If that man really wanted to look for them he would have done it long ago. It had been six years. Can’t she see that she deserves better guys like Himchan?”

Ji-hye knew that Jongup was fuming mad because Jongup used to like Yoon-eun. When Ji-hye first knew Jongup she already knew that he got his eyes on Yoon-eun because wherever Yoon-eun went he would be near her. Hence when Yoon-eun made the choice to leave for France for her studies, Jongup was devastated. During the time without Yoon-eun around, the two got closer and eventually started dating.

When Yoon-eun called back one day sobbing, Ji-hye and Jongup immediately flew over to France to look for her. They were extremely shocked when they saw the very much pregnant Yoon-eun opened the door with visible dried tear streaks on her cheeks.

The two accompanied Yoon-eun in France for two months until she gave birth to Jae Hwan. After her confinement, Ji-hye persuaded Yoon-eun to leave France so that she would not keep thinking about the man who left her. Yoon-eun thought for a long time before she decided that it was time to leave the place of sadness and start a new life elsewhere.

Ji-hye calmed Jongup down and placed her hand on his chest, “Yoon-eun will find someone that truly loves her. I know she will.”

Seeing the confidence in Ji-hye’s eyes, Jongup relaxed. He took Ji-hye’s hand with his own and brought it to his lips for a kiss.

“I didn’t mean anything when I got mad. I am just worried about her,” Jongup explained.

Ji-hye giggled when she heard Jongup’s explanation, “I know. We are both concerned about her happiness. She deserves so much more but I know in her heart she still long for Jae Hwan’s father. Afterall they spent a year together in happiness and joy before he disappeared.”

Jongup sighed and decided to stop worrying. He tucked Ji-hye to bed and lay down beside her. They decided that this is not something that they can worry about since its Yoon-eun’s life and they don’t have any say in it. However, one thing is for sure, they will be there for her no matter what would happen in the future.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In the cab

Himchan looked at the number in his mobile phone and smiled. He really wondered how he can be attracted to this young woman so fast. Could it be her bubbly attitude that made her stand out from the crowd or was it because she was just sitting beside him and were trying to start a conversation so that they will not be bored on the flight? Anyway, he was really glad to be able to know such a nice young lady and to be able to keep in contact with her again.

Himchan rested against the seat and thought back on the events that happened on the flight back from France to Seoul.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

- Flashback -

Jae Hwan leaned against Mi-hee as he slept throughout the flight from France to Hong Kong. While the little child was sleeping in the seat between them, Himchan and Mi-hee chatted. Himchan had a great time chatting with her and he discovered many sides of her.

When they reached Hong Kong for their transition, Mi-hee volunteered to carry Jae Hwan who was still sleeping while Himchan helped with her luggage. In the one hour wait, she carried Jae Hwan and didn’t grumble.

When Jae Hwan woke up he gave Mi-hee such a sweet smile and Mi-hee couldn’t stop cuddling him and taking pictures with him. Himchan was all smiles when he saw this, he thought that the scene in front of him was really sweet and warm.

People who passed by them thought they there were a young couple bringing their son out for a holiday. Everyone was praising them for being such nice parents and of course they were praising Jae Hwan for being a good-looking child.

From the flight from Hong Kong back to Seoul, Jae Hwan insisted on not sleeping and played with Mi-hee for the whole journey. When they reached Seoul, Jae Hwan bid farewell to Mi-hee reluctantly. Seeing the little boy sadness, Mi-hee hugged him and promised that he would be seeing him soon.

She gave her number to Himchan and said that she would contact him after she had settled down. She even made Himchan promised to bring Jae Hwan to her as soon as she called so that she can see this cute little boy again.

- End of flashback –

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Himchan kept his phone into his pocket and closed his eyes.

Although this trip to France was short but he really enjoyed the journey back.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Seoul, Bang. Corp 37th Level, outside Chairman's office

Disaster was brewing in the management level of Bang. Corp. Even Daehyun and Youngjae were so afraid that they did not even dare to step into the Chairman’s office.

“Youngjae, do you think we should inform Yong Guk about it?” Daehyun whispered from across the room just loud enough for Youngjae to hear.

Youngjae shook his head and answered back, “He just made up with her. I don’t want to spoil the moment for him now.”

“But….” Daehyun didn’t continue, instead he pointed his thumb towards the door of the Chairman’s office.

Youngjae sighed, got up from his desk and stood outside the Chairman’s office, “I’ll handle him.”

With that said Youngjae knocked on the door and stepped into the room.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Seoul, Bang. Corp 37th Level, Chairman's office

“Uncle, I just tried calling Yong Guk but I’m afraid he’s not picking up the call. Maybe he’s busy,” Youngjae smiled and said to the elderly man who was sitting on the chair which belonged to Yong Guk.

“Why wasn’t I informed of this overseas meeting? Care to give me an explanation, Youngjae?” without a smile on his face, the elderly man asked.

“Well, it was rather last minute. Yong Guk didn’t have much time to prepare too. In fact Daehyun and I had been helping him to search for resources and sending it over to him so that he can be prepared for the meeting,” Youngjae continued with the smile still on.

The elderly man raised his eyebrow and smile slightly, “It’s good to hear that my son can handle emergency meetings but my dear nephew, do consult me first in future.”

Youngjae smiled and nodded his head, “Yes Uncle, certainly I will.”

The elderly man dismissed Youngjae with a wave of his hand and Youngjae excused himself.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Seoul, Bang. Corp 37th Level, outside Chairman's office

“How did it go?” Daehyun asked anxiously when he saw Youngjae coming out from the office.

“No problem, but I wonder how long can we keep it from Uncle. There is at least another month before Yong Guk will be coming back,” Youngjae sighed and said.

Daehyun sighed with Youngjae and said, “We can only try our best to not let Uncle Bang suspicious now. The rest I think it will only be settled when Yong Guk comes back. We can’t do much for him anyway.”

Youngjae nodded at Daehyun’s words and the both of them continued with their work. The both of them decided to keep the day’s incident from Yong Guk for the time being as they wanted him to enjoy himself on this break.