Family Lunch

I Just Want to Love You

Family --- This was the word which came into Ji-hye and Jongup’s mind when they saw the two adults and a child on the floor of the playroom.

“Honey, there’s three people on the floor right?” Jongup asked carefully.

Ji-hye nodded her head.

“Besides Yoon-eun and Jae Hwan, there’s another guy right?” Jongup asked again.

Ji-hye nodded her head once more.

Jongup looked at Ji-hye with curiosity, “Who is he?”

Ji-hye rolled her eyes and stared at Jongup as if telling him, “How would I know?”

Yong Guk noticed the couple standing at the door and stopped what he was doing; he pulled Jae Hwan away from Yoon-eun and sat him on his thigh. Yoon-eun turned to look at what Yong Guk was looking and nearly choked on her saliva.

She didn’t expect to see both of her best friends in her house while she was rolling on the floor with a guy especially her boss, well, there was Jae Hwan but he’s just a little boy.

Yoon-eun immediately got up, straightened her clothes and walked towards her friends, “Hey guys, I didn’t know you were coming. Why didn’t you give me a call beforehand? Ji-hye, are you feeling better?”

Ji-hye squinted her eyes and looked at Yoon-eun, after that she pulled Yoon-eun by her hand out of the playroom and into her bedroom.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yoon-eun’s bedroom

After she closed the door behind her, Ji-hye crossed her arms and sat down on Yoon-eun’s bed, “Who was that guy? I thought you were getting along well with Himchan.”

Yoon-eun sat beside Ji-hye and said, “I was getting along well with Himchan but I treat him just like how I treat you and Jongup. As for that guy in there, he’s Bang Yong Guk.”

Ji-hye turned and looked at Yoon-eun with her eyes wide open, “Bang Yong Guk? As in Jae Hwan’s dad?”

Yoon-eun sighed and crossed her leg on the bed, “Nope. Although they look similar, share the same name and have the same preference but it’s not him.”

Ji-hye let out a sigh of relief; she thought that the man who broke her best friend’s heart was back.

Just as Ji-hye was still lost in her thoughts, Yoon-eun spoke, “He’s my boss.”

Ji-hye turned and looked at her again with her eyes wide open.

“What? You are involved with your boss?”

Yoon-eun looked at Ji-hye and rolled her eyes, “Who told you that I’m involved with him? He knew I took the day off so he decided to come and visit.”

Ji-hye lay back on Yoon-eun’s bed and touched her stomach, “That’s really nice of him. Back to the topic, why did you say that he share the same preference as your ex-husband?”

Yoon-eun lay back on the bed too and said, “I poured him a glass of the lemon and kiwi juice I just prepared and he said the same thing as what Yong Guk said when he first drank it back in France.”

“Maybe they just share the same view.”

“Maybe. When I saw him for the first time, he gave me the same feeling just like when I saw Yong Guk in France.”

Suddenly Ji-hye sat up, “Wait, you said that they share the same name and look exactly alike?”

Yoon-eun nodded her head and closed her eyes to rest. Ji-hye on the other hand stood up and walked to the window.

“Could he really be Jae Hwan’s father? If he is, what does he want? If he really comes back, I will be sure to keep them far apart and make sure that he will never be able to hurt Yoon-eun or Jae Hwan ever again,” Ji-hye thought as she looked out of the window. She had saw how much Yoon-eun had suffered when Yong Guk left so she doesn’t want to see Yoon-eun going through the pain again.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Playroom

After Ji-hye had dragged Yoon-eun towards her bedroom, Jongup stepped into the playroom.

“Jae Hwan, you haven’t greet me have you?” Jongup smiled at the child and asked him.

Jae Hwan who was still sitting on Yong Guk’s thigh smiled at him and called out, “Daddy Jongup.”

When Yong Guk heard it, he was jealous. “Who is this guy and why is Jae Hwan calling him Daddy. I am the only Daddy Jae Hwan should be calling and not this clown,” he thought.

Yong Guk thought Jongup couldn’t read what he was thinking but he was wrong because his facial expression had betrayed him. Jongup laughed to himself and extended his hand to Yong Guk.

“Hi, I’m Moon Jongup, Jae Hwan’s godfather,” Jongup decided not to tell him that he was Ji-hye’s husband as he wanted to see what Yong Guk would do.

Yong Guk nodded his head and shook his hand with extra pressure, “Bang Yong Guk.”

Jongup took back his hand and put behind his back, secretly rubbing his right hand with his left, “You are Yoon-eun’s colleague?”

Yong Guk nodded his head and carried Jae Hwan to where his Lego were. Jongup raised his brow and smiled. He knew that Yong Guk was jealous. Yong Guk’s whole body language was screaming that he did not like him and was trying not to have any conversation with him. Plus the pressure he exerted on his hand just now was really strong and his hand still hurt a bit.

He was about to walk over when he felt a hand on his lower back, he turned around and saw his wife smiling at him. He faced her and held her hand, “So what did she say?”

However before Ji-hye could reply Yoon-eun was already standing at her side looking at the father and child.

Ji-hye cleared trying to get Yoon-eun’s attention but instead she got Yong Guk’s. Yong Guk looked up from the game and looked at the three of them who were standing near the door. When he saw Jongup holding Ji-hye’s hand, he opened his eyes wide open and shot daggers at Jongup.

Jongup saw the killer look on Yong Guk’s face and backed a little. Ji-hye sensed him moving back and looked at him with a questioning look but she didn’t say anything.

Yong Guk left Jae Hwan to play on his own and walked over to the three of them.

“Mind introducing me to your friends here?” Yong Guk asked Yoon-eun with a smile on his face.

Yoon-eun pointed to the two of them and said, “This is my best friend, Lee Ji-hye, I have known her for many years and we used to stay together until she got married two years ago. Beside her is her husband Moon Jongup. The both of them are Jae Hwan’s god-parents and they are expecting their first born in around five month’s time.”

When Yong Guk heard this, he finally relaxed and smiled broadly.

“So this Moon Jongup is just her friend’s husband. I thought I have another rival,” Yong Guk thought to himself.

Seeing this, an idea struck Ji-hye.

“Hey Eun, why don’t we have lunch together? I came straight from the gynecology and haven’t got the chance to eat anything yet.”

“You haven’t eaten anything? Moon Jongup, you promised to take GOOD care of her, why haven’t you bought her to lunch yet?” Yoon-eun emphasized on the word ‘good’ and stared at Jongup.

“I did ask her but she said she wasn’t hungry and she wanted to see Jae Hwan so I drove her here,” Jongup answered.

Ji-hye touched Yoon-eun’s arm and said, “Hey, I really wasn’t hungry just now but maybe after seeing my godson the appetite has returned so I’m craving for food. Why don’t we go cook something for the four of us? It isn’t too nice to let your boss come all the way here and don’t get him anything right?”

Yoon-eun suddenly realized that Yong Guk was still around and looked at him, “Sorry, I forgot to ask if you had your lunch.”

Yong Guk flashed his smile at Yoon-eun again, “I was still wondering when you will ask.”

Yoon-eun and Ji-hye looked at each other and giggled.

After a while Yoon-eun stopped and pulled Ji-hye with her out of the playroom, “We’ll go prepare lunch now. Help me to look after Jae Hwan.”

After the ladies left, the two guys just stared at each other in silence. Finally Jongup broke the tension, “Sorry for not telling you who I was earlier.”

“It’s alright,” Yong Guk said and looked back at Jae Hwan. “It’s nice to know that Jae Hwan has such a nice godfather. How I wish I can spend more time with this little child of mine.” Yong Guk said. He muttered the last line softly to himself but he didn’t know that Jongup had heard him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kitchen

“I seriously think that your boss has something for you,” Ji-hye said while stirring the pot of soup which was still boiling.

“Ji-hye, I’m warning you. Stop all those nonsense. He’s my boss,” replied Yoon-eun as she cut the ingredients.

Ji-hye stopped her task and looked at Yoon-eun, “You will never know what a guy is thinking. Jongup didn’t say he liked me too at first but in the end we still ended up together.”

“Yong Guk and Jongup are different okay? He’s a very direct person.”

Ji-hye raised her eyebrow and with a hint of amusement she asked, “How do you know?”

Yoon-eun stopped her cutting, “Well, he’s very serious when it comes to work and will voice out everything that he has in mind.”

Ji-hye smiled to herself and returned to her stirring, “You indeed know him very well, Eun.”

Yoon-eun looked at Ji-hye’s back, shook her head and returned to her cutting.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After half an hour, sweet aroma could be smelt coming from the kitchen, the two guys and one child popped their heads into the kitchen hoping that they might get some food but the ladies weren’t that kind.

“Go sit in the living room and stop standing there or there won’t be any food for the three of you.”

“Honey, you can’t be that bad right? I’m hungry here,” Jongup said pitifully.

Ji-hye looked at him and said, “You know when I’m joking and when I’m not.”

Jongup bent down and whispered something to Jae Hwan then Jae Hwan went into the kitchen and pulled Ji-hye’s shirt.

“Mummy Ji-hye, I’m hungry.”

Ji-hye looked down at the boy and gave him one of the prawns which they had just steamed. “Careful cutie, it’s still hot.”

Yoon-eun bent down to Jae Hwan’s height, took the prawn, shelled it, and after making sure that its cooler, she gave it to him.

“Ladies, you are not being fair. Why does Jae Hwan get to pinch the food and we don’t?” Yong Guk asked.

Yoon-eun stood up and answered him, “The reason is simple. He’s a child and you guys are adults.”

“So?” the two men said in unison.

Ji-hye smiled, “So that means you will have to wait until lunch to get the food and not pinch around.”

The two men looked at each other with a sad face and went to sit down at the dining room to wait for lunch.

Before they left, Yong Guk walked in and carried Jae Hwan out with him. As they walked out, Jae Hwan and Yong Guk were talking non-stop. When Yoon-eun saw this, she wished very much that this Yong Guk in front of her is Jae Hwan’s real father. However she knew he wasn't and she knew she shouldn’t make use of her boss to let her enjoy the little family moments but she just don’t want to break up their time together. Yoon-eun knew that she was selfish but that’s the only thing she wanted. At least one afternoon was already more than enough.