Mummy’s Angry

I Just Want to Love You

When Yoon-eun woke up the next morning, she saw that the bed was empty but she could smell food coming from the kitchen.

She got up from the bed and went to freshen herself up.

When she walked out of the room, she could hear Jae Hwan’s laughter. Just hearing that already made her day.

She walked towards the kitchen and stopped at the door. She smiled when she saw Jae Hwan helping Yong Guk around the kitchen.

When Jae Hwan saw her, he ran up to her and hugged her leg, “Mummy!”

Yoon-eun bent down and carried Jae Hwan up in her arms. After Yoon-eun had stood up, Jae Hwan placed both his hands on her cheeks and gave a peck on her lips.

After giving her the peck, Jae Hwan laughed really loud. Yoon-eun looked at him puzzled. She looked at Yong Guk who was trying to hide his smile.

“What’s going on?” Yoon-eun tried to look stern and looked at Jae Hwan. However, it didn’t scare him. Instead he continued laughing and this time Yong Guk joined in.

Yoon-eun set Jae Hwan down and went to her room.

After a couple of minutes she came back into the kitchen looking really angry at the father and son who were still laughing.

“Park Jae Hwan!” Yoon-eun shouted.

Jae Hwan immediately stopped laughing and pouted his lips. Yoon-eun never screamed his full name at him unless she’s really angry.

Yong Guk stopped laughing as well and looked at Yoon-eun.

“What do you think you were doing?” Yoon-eun asked.

“Sorry, Mummy,” Jae Hwan said and looked down at his feet. He knew that when Yoon-eun was angry there is no way to act innocent in front of her. She will never buy it.

Yong Guk looked at Jae Hwan and pulled him closer to him.

“Yoon-eun, you are scaring him,” Yong Guk said and rubbed Jae Hwan’s head.

Yoon-eun glared at Yong Guk then she stomped off into the bedroom.

Yong Guk looked down at Jae Hwan and saw that he was still looking at his feet. Yong Guk bent down and turned Jae Hwan to face him.

“Don’t worry; Mummy’s just a little angry. Let Daddy go talk to Mummy, you go back to your room first okay?” Yong Guk said.

Jae Hwan, who was still looking at the floor, nodded his head.

Yong Guk carried him and walked to his bedroom.

He sat down Jae Hwan down on the floor of his room and ruffled his hair, “Daddy promise, when I come back later Mummy will no longer be angry with you.”

Jae Hwan bit his lower lip and looked at Yong Guk. Yong Guk smiled when he saw that. Jae Hwan looked exactly like Yoon-eun when he did that action.

“While Daddy goes to cheer Mummy up, you will be a good boy and stay here,” Jae Hwan nodded his head again but his smile was still not on his face.

“Can you give Daddy a smile before Daddy go? It will give me the energy I need to comfort Mummy,” Yong Guk said.

Jae Hwan smiled at Yong Guk and Yong Guk ruffled his hair again before leaving the room.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When Yong Guk entered the bedroom Yoon-eun was walking out of the bathroom using a towel to wipe her face.

“Don’t you think you were a little too harsh on Jae Hwan just now?” Yong Guk asked as he sat down on the bed.

“Don’t you think you are spoiling the child then?” Yoon-eun said and sat in front of the dressing table.

“I just wanted to have some fun with him and teach him how to cook,” Yong Guk reasoned for himself.

Yoon-eun turned around and face him, “Firstly, the kitchen is not a place to have fun. Secondly he is still too young to learn how to cook. In case you have forgotten, he is only five years old today.”

“You said it. He’s five years old TODAY,” Yong Guk said stressing on the word ‘today’.

Yoon-eun looked at him and slowly asked, “Yeah. But what got it have to do with what we are discussing?”

Yong Guk sighed, “If you have noticed, the thing on your face just now is flour.”

“And?” Yoon-eun asked. She still doesn’t understand the link between their topic and all the age, flour or whatsoever.

Yong Guk sighed again, “I was thinking of baking a cake for his birthday but our little baby woke up so he followed me into the kitchen. We were just sieving the flour when you came then he gave you a kiss forgetting that his hands were still covered with flour. When he, no, we saw your face with the flour we laughed. That’s all. Do you need to get so angry over this?”

Yoon-eun realized that she was too harsh with Jae Hwan. She turned back to the dressing table.

Actually she was already feeling really bad after scolding Jae Hwan because she had rarely scolded him. The last time she got so angry was when Jae Hwan didn’t listen to her and went out to play. After that he returned with injuries. She was unset when she saw his injuries but at the same time she was angry with him for not obeying her instructions. Yoon-eun scolded him and ignored him but within an hour she was playing with Jae Hwan again.

Yong Guk noted the silence in the room and looked at Yoon-eun. He saw that her eyes were watery from the mirror image.

He walked over to her and took her hands in his. Yoon-eun looked up at him and Yong Guk sighed.

He pulled her up from the seat and hugged her.

“I forgot that it’s his birthday today,” Yoon-eun said softly as she leaned on Yong Guk’s shoulder.

“I have guessed,” Yong Guk answered.

“”How did you know it’s his birthday today?” Yoon-eun asked.

“Yoojin told Daehyun, Daehyun told Youngjae and Youngjae told me,” Yong Guk said with a smile on his face.

When Yoon-eun heard this, she pushed him away and looked at him with her eyes wide open.

“They know of our relationship already?!” she exclaimed.

Yong Guk held both of her arms to calm her down, “Only Daehyun and Youngjae but they won’t say it out. I promise.”

Yoon-eun closed her eyes and heaved out a sigh of relief.

Yong Guk smiled at her action and pinched her nose. Yoon-eun’s eyes immediately flew open and she swept his hand away.

Yong Guk thought she was angry but he caught the smile she was trying to hide when she turned her face away.

He smiled and held her hands, “Now let us go and cheer our little baby up. He’s still upset with his mum’s temper.”

Yoon-eun held onto Yong Guk’s wrist and he looked at her, “Was I really too harsh to him?”

Yong Guk placed his hand around her shoulders and guided her out of the room, “Don’t worry, kids forget things very fast. He will forgive you if that’s what you are worried about.”

Yoon-eun hit Yong Guk’s rib with her elbow and he pretended to be injured.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yoon-eun peeked into Jae Hwan’s room and saw that he was sitting on his bed and hugging his favourite teddy. She turned to look at Yong Guk.

Yong Guk gave her an encouraging smile and gave her a thumbs up.

Yoon-eun smiled and pushed the door ajar; Jae Hwan looked up and saw Yoon-eun walking in with Yong Guk.

He immediately jumped up from his bed and went to hug Yoon-eun. Yoon-eun smiled and bent down to hug him too.

“Sorry Mummy,” Jae Hwan apologized softly.

Yoon-eun smiled and pulled him away slightly, “Its okay sweetie. Mummy’s at fault too for scolding you.”

Yong Guk smiled at the mother and son’s apologies to each other.

“So now can we continue with our baking?” Yong Guk asked when he saw that they did not seemed to be moving from their position.

Yoon-eun smiled and Yong Guk and carried Jae Hwan in her arms.

“Let’s go.”

 

 

A/N: Thank you so much for subscribing and commenting on this story! Sorry for not expressing my thanks enough but I'm really happy to see new subscribers/comments after every update! Thank you to each and every one of you once again! ^^