The Truth

I Just Want to Love You

Okay... It has been too long since I updated. I don't even know if anyone is interested in this anymore :(

Give me some positive feedbacks?

Thanks guys!

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

“Because I’m her husband and the father of her child,” Yong Guk replied.

After they heard what Yong Guk had said, Youngjae was shocked, Na-hee choked on her water and Daehyun dropped the meat which he was about to put into his mouth.

“Is this the truth?” Daehyun asked after he recovered.

Yong Guk nodded his head.

“How could this be possible?” Youngjae asked.

Yong Guk sighed and started telling them the story about him and Yoon-eun.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yong Guk was the only child in his family and since young everything had been planned out for him. His father had already arranged for him to enter the company after his graduation so that he can learn the ropes earlier and help him out.

However, that wasn’t what Yong Guk wanted. Hence after graduation Yong Guk asked for his father’s permission to pursue his dreams. At first his father rejected, but after coming into terms with Yong Guk, he agreed.

The next day after his father agreed, Yong Guk took the earliest flight out to France.

Upon stepping foot on the country, he found a place to stay and enrolled into a photography course in the local university. During his free time, he would take his camera out with him and explored the country.

One day after taking a day of photos at the Le Seine River, Yong Guk went to the Le River Café situated nearby for his dinner.

After ordering his food from the French waiter, he relaxed in his chair and listened to the pieces played by the pianist.

Suddenly a girl caught his attention.

He did not know what made her stand out. However, he was attracted to her. The girl was an Asian just like him. She had short hair and was dressed in T-shirt and jeans with sneakers on her feet.

She was running around, delivering the food to the customers who had ordered them. When she reached Yong Guk’s table, she smiled at him, sat his food down and rushed off.

Yong Guk was mesmerized by her. He could not stop looking at her back. Then an idea struck him, he took out his camera and aimed the lens at her. He took quite a number of shoots of her, be it her back view, side or front. He didn’t want to miss any single actions she did. Even if it was something simple like cleaning the tables or serving the dishes.

After Yong Guk finished his food, he still did not leave the café; instead he ordered another latte and sat there drinking, waiting for her to knock off from work.

When she finally walked out of the café slinging her bag over her shoulder and bid farewell to her fellow colleagues, Yong Guk walked up to her and said hi.

He thought that she would ignore him but she did not. In fact, she smiled at him and greeted him back. After a brief introduction to their names, Yong Guk walked her home. On the way back, they had a lot to chat about. Not a single minute passed by in silence between them.

Even when they had reached Yoon-eun’s apartment, they still continued with their conversation and it did not end until nearly an hour later.

Yong Guk noticed that it was getting late but he did not want to let Yoon-eun leave his sight so he took the courage to get her number from her. Yoon-eun gave a small laugh and keyed her number into Yong Guk’s mobile.

The next day, Yong Guk called her and they went out together.  Yong Guk had wanted to ask Yoon-eun to be his girlfriend since the first day he laid eyes on her but he was worried that she might reject him. However, one day when he realized that Yoon-eun actually shared the same feelings as him he nearly jumped for joy. They started dating after that and one month later he asked Yoon-eun to move in with him. 

After she moved in with him, the two enjoyed a lot of sweet quiet moments. To them, it was already like married life. However, Yong Guk felt the need to be fair to Yoon-eun so he proposed to Yoon-eun on their second month anniversary.

No doubt, Yoon-eun was touched with his actions and agreed. Since both of them were alone in a foreign country, they had a simple wedding with the priest as their witness and exchanged their vows.

Shortly after their wedding , Yoon-eun found out that she was pregnant and Yong Guk was ecstatic with the news. He would follow Yoon-eun everywhere she went and brought whatever she needed to her. He treated her like a queen. Every night he would lie on Yoon-eun's tummy and talk to the little child in her womb. They went shopping every weekend to buy baby needs and he accompanied her to the gynecology for her regular checks.

That one year in France was Yong Guk's happiest moments. He totally forgot about his hometown, his family and everything he had left behind to pursue his dreams in this country where he found true love.

One day, he received an email from Youngjae telling him that his father was admitted into the hospital and the doctor said he might have a slight . Yong Guk was worried but then Yoon-eun was already six months pregnant. He couldn't leave her so he asked Youngjae to help him keep a lookout on his father and to keep him informed.

All these while Yong Guk did not let Yoon-eun know about any of it because he did not want her to worry too much. All he could do everyday was to pray that his father's health would improve.

However, luck was not on his side. His father's condition did not improve at all, in fact, it got worse.

The doctor said that the blood vessels of Yong Guk's father were blocked so they would need to do an operation for him. However, they needed Yong Guk to sign on the approval form as it’s a dangerous operation.

When Yong Guk heard the news from Youngjae he was shocked. He thought his father will recover and after that he could bring Yoon-eun and their child back for him to see. However, the news changed all the plans he had in mind.

As Yoon-eun was already in her seventh month of pregnancy, Yong Guk did not want to bring her along back to Incheon so he took off silently when Yoon-eun went to the grocery to get some stuff.

Before he left the house, he made a promise silently to return in a week's time. However, heaven's will is not in the hands of man to decide.

After his father had undergone the operation, he was put into the ICU and the company's future landed in Yong Guk's hands.

Besides going to the hospital to look after his father every night, he still had to go to the company in the morning to care for his employees’ emotions and to take care of the business.

He wanted to call Yoon-eun but he never got the time to do so. After three months, his father's condition finally improved and was discharged from the hospital. However, Yong Guk was still not able to find time to give Yoon-eun a call.

He was spending a lot of his time in the office and also helping out in the expanding of the company's business. When he finally got the time to sit down for a rest and think of Yoon-eun, it had already been a year.

He missed her a lot and he knew it. Every night he wished that he can have her in his arms. He thought about their child and wondered how he looked like. He sent a private investigator to France to search for their news but all came to no avail. They seemed to have vanished into thin air.

Yong Guk was devastated but he knew he had to be strong. The whole company depended on him now and his family needed him. He knew that if Yoon-eun was to be by his side now, his life would be complete but it’s too late for regrets.

He lost her the day he did not tell her his true identity, he lost her the day he decided to leave France quietly, he lost her the day he did not tried to call her.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After hearing what Yong Guk had said, the three sat in silence. They did not know how to react. Finally, Youngjae spoke.

“Why didn't you let me know that you were married when I emailed or called you at that time?”

“I... I... don't know,” Yong Guk stammered.

He really don't know. Yong Guk had no idea to the question. He don't know why he didn't tell Youngjae about his marriage when Youngjae contacted him, he don't know why he didn't tell Youngjae about it when he returned back to Incheon, he don't know why he didn't tell his dad that he had a daughter-in-law and grandchild when he was discharged.

“Doesn’t she recognize you?” Daehyun asked.

Yong Guk shook his head, “I never told her that I was the only successor of Bang. Corp so all along she thought I was just a normal person who went to France to pursue my dreams.”

“So what are you going to do now?” Na-hee asked after a couple of minutes of silence.

Yong Guk took a deep breath and with a look of determination in his eyes said, “I'm going to win her back!”