Sick

I Just Want to Love You

“Yoon-eun, do you want to go out with us to get some food?” Yoojin asked. Although it was already past 10pm but they still haven't eaten as they were stuck in a meeting since after lunch.

Yoon-eun looked up from her pile of paperwork and shook her head, “You go ahead. I still have to settle this before tomorrow’s press conference.”

“Okay. Do you need me to get anything for you?” Yoojin asked with concern.

Yoon-eun smiled at her, “It’s alright. I can get mine later.”

“Alright, if you need anything just give me a call on my mobile,” Yoojin said and left the room.

Yoon-eun went back to her work after Yoojin left. They had been here for almost 10 days and everyday was like a battle for them. They had been in endless meetings and had been to the worksite at least once a day.

Since Yong Guk revealed the truth to Yoon-eun in the car, Yoon-eun had been trying her best to avoid Yong Guk.

She still doesn’t know how to face Yong Guk as well as their problem. As much as she hoped that Yong Guk will return to their lives but she also don't know how to forgive him. Afterall he was gone for six whole years.

After facing the documents for some time, Yoon-eun decided to step out of her room to take a breather in the cooling night.

She walked to the beach and sat down on the soft sand. She was enjoying the cool night wind blowing on her face when she heard someone's voice.

“May I join?”

Without turning around, Yoon-eun already knew who it was. She nodded her head and a figure sat down beside her.

“Why the sudden mood to sit out here?” Yong Guk asked.

“I just wanted to take a break from all those documents,” Yoon-eun answered simply.

“Have you given any thought about our problem?” Yong Guk asked after moments of silence between them.

Yoon-eun sighed and started playing with the sand, “No, and I won’t be thinking about it until we get back to Seoul.”

After she finished saying she got up and dusted the sand off her pants, “Enjoy the wind, I still have to finish the speech that you are going to deliver tomorrow.”

She walked away without waiting for another word from Yong Guk. Yong Guk looked as her back view got smaller and out of his sight. He knew Yoon-eun still can’t accept the fact that he was the Yong Guk she met and of course he doesn’t think she will forgive him so easily for leaving them behind. Yong Guk sighed and got up to leave as well. Without Yoon-eun by his side, the beach seemed extremely cold in the night breeze.

As Yong Guk was walking back to the resort they were staying in, he saw a figure squatting a few meters away from the front door. He wanted to ignore the person but he found her back view familiar so he ran to the figure.

“Baby, what’s wrong?” Yong Guk asked anxiously and placed his hands on either side of her shoulder.

“I…” Yoon-eun struggled to say something but she can’t get any words out of . She was perspiring and was holding to her stomach.

“Your gastric is acting up again?” Yong Guk asked. He was getting anxious.

Yoon-eun nodded her head with difficulty. After getting Yoon-eun's confirmation, Yong Guk carried Yoon-eun in a bridal-style and brought her back to the resort. No doubt they got lots of attention when they entered but Yong Guk couldn't be bothered. He brought Yoon-eun to her room.

“Where are your keys?” Yong Guk asked gently still carrying Yoon-eun in his arms.

Yoon-eun wanted to pull her room keys out from the pocket of her jeans but due to the position that Yong Guk was carrying her in and the pain in her gastric she can’t get it out.

“I’ll help you but will you be alright standing while I get the door open?” Yong Guk asked.

Yoon-eun nodded her head and Yong Guk sat her down on the floor leaning against the wall. He buried his hands into the front pocket of her jeans and fished out the keys to the room.

While he unlocked the door, Yong Guk held onto Yoon-eun tightly. He was worried about Yoon-eun's health. When they were in France, Yoon-eun was getting gastric problems frequently because she was always skipping her meals for work and projects. After she got pregnant, Yong Guk was always making sure that she ate her meals regularly.

After Yong Guk unlocked the door, he carried Yoon-eun again in his arms and into the room. He kicked the door closed with his heel and carried Yoon-eun to her bed. After setting Yoon-eun on her bed, Yong Guk went to her luggage and started digging around. He knew Yoon-eun always carried her gastric medicine with her but he couldn’t seem to find it in her bag.

“Yoon-eun, did you bring your medicine?” Yong Guk asked Yoon-eun.

Yoon-eun who was curled up into a ball on the bed shook her head. She was in terrible pain and was continuing to perspire. Yong Guk went over and gave her a hug.

“Wait for me,” with that Yong Guk excited her room.

Yoon-eun did not have any idea where Yong Guk went; all she knew was that her gastric pain was killing her.

Minutes later, Yong Guk returned. He took a glass of warm water and a package, sat it on the night table and sat down on her bed.

“Come,” Yong Guk said and helped Yoon-eun sit up on the bed.

He placed her against the headboard and opened the package which he had brought along. He opened it and gave it to Yoon-eun.

“Here, take this. It will make you feel a lot better,” Yong Guk placed the medicine in Yoon-eun’s palm and Yoon-eun popped it into .

Yong Guk held the glass of warm water near her lips and fed Yoon-eun slowly.

After Yoon-eun had swallowed the medicine, Yong Guk helped her back down on the bed.

“Sleep for a while and let the medicine take its effect,” Yong Guk said softly and covered the blankets on her.

Yoon-eun closed her eyes and Yong Guk sat on the carpeted floor looking at her.

Yong Guk had went back to his hotel room to get the medicine just now. Although he did not have gastric problems but he always had the habit of carrying gastric medicine with him after he knew Yoon-eun.

He swiped the hair away from Yoon-eun’s forehead gently and placed his head on the bed taking a closer look at the sleeping Yoon-eun.

He would never forget the first time he saw Yoon-eun with the gastric attack. It nearly killed him.

When they were in France, Yoon-eun was studying at a university there as well as working part-time at the Le River Café. Hence she had to juggle lessons, schoolwork, projects, assignments, work and not forgetting their relationship as well.

That day was their meeting after 2 days of ‘separation’, Yoon-eun was having her mid-terms and they couldn’t meet. Therefore they agreed to meet at the Le River Café so that they can go for a date after Yoon-eun ended her shift at the café.

When Yong Guk got to the café, the owner of the café told him that Yoon-eun was at the back of the store counting the stock so he went in. When he went in, all he saw was Yoon-eun squatting on the floor holding to her stomach and was in great pain. He didn’t know what to do so he went out to get her colleagues. Her colleagues got her medicine and got a stool for her to rest.

Since that day, Yong Guk knew that Yoon-eun has a serious gastric problem and he would always make sure that Yoon-eun ate her meals on time. He even started carrying gastric medication as he was afraid that one day Yoon-eun’s gastric might act up and she might not have her medicine with her.

Yong Guk curled his fingers and gently brushed it across Yoon-eun’s cheeks. Now that he finally can see her clearly he realized that she had lost a lot of weight but was still as angelic looking as she was six years ago.

Yong Guk was still looking at the sleeping Yoon-eun when Yoon-eun’s cell phone rang. To avoid waking her up, Yong Guk immediately took the phone from the desk and answered it.

“Yoon-eun, how have you been?” a female voice floated out through the phone.

“Eh… I’m not Yoon-eun,” Yong Guk answered.

“Oops, sorry. May I know who is on the line?” the voice asked.

“Is that Ji-hye? I’m Yong Guk,” Yong Guk said. He had found the voice familiar but he wasn’t sure if it was her.

“Hi Yong Guk, its Ji-hye. Where’s Yoon-eun?”

“She just ate some gastric medicine and is sleeping. Is it alright if I get her to give you a call tomorrow?” Yong Guk explained to Ji-hye.

“Gastric? It had been ages since she had gastric problems,” Ji-hye said in shock.

“No wonder she didn’t carry her medication with her. When was the last time she had an attack?” Yong Guk asked.

“I don’t know but in the last six years she didn’t had any,” Ji-hye answered simply.

“I see. Ji-hye, sorry I have to go. I’ll get her to give you a call tomorrow?” Yong Guk said.

“Oh sure, help me to look after her.”

After Yong Guk promised to look after Yoon-eun, the two ended the call.

Yong Guk looked at Yoon-eun who was still sleeping on the bed.

“I really wonder how much of your life did I missed out on,” Yong Guk said silently.