Surprise Visitor

I Just Want to Love You

As the sun started to make its appearance the next day, Yoon-eun woke up. The first thing she saw when she opened her eyes was Yong Guk’s handsome face just centimeters in front of her. She smiled at the sight. It had been so long since she saw this face the first thing she woke up from her sleep. She remembered how she would always wake up in the arms of Yong Guk in the past. Despite that it was already close to the coldest time of the winter his embrace let her felt warm the whole night. She enjoyed waking in the embrace of this man.

While she was still mesmerized by Yong Guk’s look, she heard the turning of the knob on the bedroom door. Yoon-eun immediately shut her eyes and pretended to be sleeping.

Couple of minutes later, she left a tug on her arm. She opened her eyes and saw Jae Hwan’s cute little face looking at her.

“Morning sweetie, why are you up so early?” she asked, sat up on the bed and ruffled the little boy’s hair.

“Mummy, Uncle Himchan is here,” Jae Hwan said.

When Yoon-eun heard Himchan’s name, her smile disappeared.

Yesterday when Ji-hye told her over the phone that Himchan would be going over to France to bring Jae Hwan back she had objected. She doesn’t know what to do if Yong Guk and Himchan met. Not that she don’t want to reveal Yong Guk’s identity but she herself wasn’t sure of their relationship as well.

“Mummy,” Jae Hwan called and tugged her hand.

Yoon-eun forced a smile on her face and said, “You go and talk to Uncle Himchan first okay? Mummy will go brush my teeth.”

Jae Hwan nodded his head and tried to get out of the bed. However his movements woke Yong Guk up.

“Jae Hwan? Why are you up so early?” Yong Guk asked groggily.

“Morning Daddy,” Jae Hwan said and went up to give Yong Guk a kiss on his cheek.

Yong Guk hugged Jae Hwan and kissed him on the cheek too.

“It’s a nice day waking up to the kiss of my lovely boy but it will be better if someone gives me a morning kiss too,” Yong Guk said and eyed Yoon-eun.

Yoon-eun looked away and pretended that she had not heard it. However, her son would not let her off so easily.

Jae Hwan who was lying on Yong Guk’s chest pulled Yoon-eun’s right hand and when Yoon-eun turned to look at him Yong Guk took the chance.

Yong Guk put his left hand around Yoon-eun’s waist and pulled her towards him. As he had expected, Yoon-eun’s lips landed on his.

Jae Hwan laughed and covered his eyes. Yoon-eun pulled away immediately and blushed.

“I… I’m going to the…. bathroom. Jae Hwan, go do what I had told you to do,” Yoon-eun said.

Jae Hwan gave his parents a quick peck on the cheeks and went out of the room. He remembered to close the bedroom door as he left.

After Jae Hwan left, Yoon-eun wanted to go to the bathroom but Yong Guk held onto her wrist. She turned back and looked at him.

“I need more than just that small kiss to wake me up,” Yong Guk said.

Without giving Yoon-eun any chance to react, Yong Guk sat up and pulled her in for another kiss. This time Yoon-eun didn’t pull away, she closed her eyes and enjoyed the closeness between them.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In the living room

“Uncle Himchan, Mummy said that she will be out after she brushed her teeth,” Jae Hwan said and sat down happily beside Himchan.

Himchan smiled at him and ruffled his hair, “Thank you. Oh, I got you a present for your birthday.”

Himchan took out the box from his luggage and gave it to Jae Hwan. He thanked Himchan and opened the present.

Himchan smiled as Jae Hwan opened it. Himchan knew that he would like it because that was his favourite.

However, Jae Hwan’s reaction was different. When he saw the present Himchan had given him he smiled shyly at Himchan, “Sorry Uncle Himchan I already have this set of Ultra-man. I still like them really.”

Himchan was a bit embarrassed, “Sorry, I thought you didn’t have it.”

Jae Hwan gave him his childish smile and Himchan relaxed too.

The two chatted a bit and Himchan played with Jae Hwan while waiting for Yoon-eun to come out of her room.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yong Guk and Yoon-eun’s bedroom

“You mean our baby is now outside entertaining Kim Himchan while waiting for you to go out? The Kim Himchan working in my company? The Assistant Vice-President from the Finance Department?” Yong Guk exclaimed when he heard what Yoon-eun had told him.

Yoon-eun who was sitting in front of the dressing table applying some foundation on her face nodded her head and said, “Can you please keep your voice down? I don’t want him to know that you are here.”

“Why?” Yong Guk questioned.

Yoon-eun sat her compact power down and faced Yong Guk who was sitting at the foot of the bed, “Before we clear things up between us I don’t want to reveal our relationship.”

“I thought we are getting better?” Yong Guk asked. He really thought that their relationship had gotten better. At least now Yoon-eun seemed to be accepting him and they seemed to have gotten closer to each other just like before.

“Are we? I don’t think we are,” Yoon-eun blushed and turned back to face the mirror. She had remembered about the kiss that they had just shared before.

Yong Guk saw her blush from the mirror reflection and knew what she was thinking about. The kiss would have developed into something more if Yoon-eun had not said that Himchan was outside with Jae Hwan.

“You sure we are not getting better? I think your face is saying otherwise,” Yong Guk .

Yoon-eun glared at Yong Guk from the mirror and got up.

“I’m going out now. You are to stay here until he leaves.”

Yoon-eun walked out of the room immediately after saying that, not giving Yong Guk any chance to object.

Looking at the closed door, Yong Guk rubbed his nose and lay back down on the bed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In the living room

“Hey, sorry to make you wait so long,” Yoon-eun said as she walked into the living room.

She sat on the armchair and continued, “Ji-hye told me that you were arriving yesterday but what happened?”

“There was something wrong with the engine of the flight from Hong Kong to here so they had to change it and it took some time. Hence the flight was delayed. I arrived in France at 7am but thought you and Jae Hwan would still be sleeping so I had breakfast at the airport before coming over.”

“I see, do you want any drinks?” Yoon-eun asked politely.

Himchan smiled and shook his head, “I have to leave in another three hours. I thought I would at least have a day to tour the city but looks like I can only tour it next time.”

Yoon-eun smiled at him, “Its alright, there is always a next time. Let me know if you are coming again and I’m glad to be your tour guide.”

“You said it yeah? That’s a promise,” Himchan said.

The two continued chatting but someone in the room was getting impatient.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yong Guk and Yoon-eun’s bedroom

“What’s taking them so long?” Yong Guk wondered.

He had taken his morning bath and checked the status of the company using his laptop. Two hours had already passed since Yoon-eun went out to entertain their surprise visitor.

The whole morning Yong Guk was obedient, he did what he was told and didn’t step out for once.

While Yong Guk was still thinking what is taking them so long his stomach growled. He rubbed his tummy and lay down on the bed. He had not eaten anything the whole morning and now it’s close to noon.

“When will I have my food?” Yong Guk said aloud to himself.

As if it’s an answer to his prayer, the door opened and Yoon-eun walked in with a tray in her hands.

“I cooked some noodles for you while Himchan was helping Jae Hwan pack his things in his room. Come have a quick bite first,” Yoon-eun said and sat the bowl of noodles down on the dressing table.

“He’s still outside?” Yong Guk asked as he sat down before the dressing table and started eating.

“Yup, but they are leaving in an hour’s time,” Yoon-eun said and watched as Yong Guk ate his noodles.

They sat in silence as Yong Guk continued eating and Yoon-eun observed him.

Then there was a knock on the door, Yoon-eun called out, “Who’s that?”

“Mummy,” the voice said.

Yoon-eun opened the door and Jae Hwan jumped in.

“How’s my little boy doing?” Yong Guk asked when he saw Jae Hwan.

“Daddy,” Jae Hwan called and ran into his hug.

Yoon-eun smiled and shook her head at the two. Jae Hwan was always so clingy when he’s around Yong Guk.

“I want to stay here with Mummy and Daddy,” Jae Hwan pouted his lips and said.

Yong Guk tugged on both sides and changed the pout into a smile, “Be a good boy and go home to your Mummy Ji-hye first okay?” Then he whispered something into Jae Hwan’s ear which Yoon-eun can’t hear.

“Now go give Mummy a hug. Remember to call us often okay?” Yong Guk said and gave Jae Hwan a kiss on his forehead.

Jae Hwan gave Yong Guk a return kiss and went to Yoon-eun. Yoon-eun bent down so that Jae Hwan would be able to reach.

He hugged his Mummy and gave her a kiss on the cheek, “Mummy, when will I see you and Daddy again?”

“In about a month’s time sweetie, sorry I can’t go back with you this time round. Be a good boy and listen to what Uncle Himchan says okay. Give me a call when you reached Mummy Ji-hye’s home. Don’t be naughty during this time okay? Mummy Ji-hye needs lots of rest and don’t run around the place,” Yoon-eun warned.

Everything that Yoon-eun said Jae Hwan nodded his head. He looked at Yoon-eun seriously and remembered all that she had said.

“Yoon-eun, I think you can stop there. Don’t torture our poor little angel,” Yong Guk said.

Yoon-eun ignored Yong Guk and held Jae Hwan’s hand to lead him out of the room.

She closed the door behind them and once again left Yong Guk all alone in there.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In the living room

“So sorry to have to trouble you here to bring him back,” Yoon-eun apologized to Himchan as she held the door open for them.

“It’s alright. I’m doing Jongup and Ji-hye a favour too. You can’t imagine how much those two are missing having him around,” Himchan said.

“I know how much they missed him but I thought they have gotten used to it since I bring him here for two months every year,” Yoon-eun said.

“Well, sorry to cut short on your family time this year,” Himchan apologized. He thought that Yoon-eun was already starting to miss Jae Hwan.

“It’s okay. I have some personal things to settle too,” Yoon-eun smiled at him and said.

Yoon-eun bent down and gave Jae Hwan another kiss on his forehead, “Remember what I said to you okay?”

Jae Hwan nodded his head and gave his Mummy a big hug, “Help me to hug Daddy every night okay?”

Yoon-eun pulled her son slightly away and ruffled his hair, “Sometimes I wonder whose son you are?”

Jae Hwan stuck his tongue out at his Mummy.

“Alright, you guys get going if not the plane will leave without you,” Yoon-eun got up and sent the two of them out.

She waved to them as the cab pulled away and slowly made her way into the house. She wondered what will happen next between her and Yong Guk without their son around.