Looking For Her

I Just Want to Love You

“Ladies and gentlemen, we will be landing in Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport in about half an hour's time. Please buckle your seat belt and enjoy the view of the landing.”

Yong Guk lay back on his seat and buckled his seat belt. He can't help getting anxious. He wondered what Yoon-eun and Jae Hwan's reaction will be like when they saw him before their own eyes.

He looked at the wrapped up box in his hand and smiled. This year was Jae Hwan’s fifth birthday but the very first time that he will be celebrating with him and he can't wait for it.

Yong Guk remembered what Youngjae had told him just before he boarded the flight and his smile got broader.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Phone conversation with Youngjae

“Hey bro, Daehyun had booked the night flight to Paris for you. However you need to do a transit. You will take a two hours flight to Hong Kong and transit for the flight to Paris. Just to let you know the second flight will take 8 hours so by the time you reach Paris it will be around 7am on our side which is 1pm in Paris. At least you can take a nap on the plane and not scare your child and wife with your horrifying look,” Youngjae said jokingly.

“Thanks buddy. Help me to thank Daehyun too,” Yong Guk said happily while packing his luggage.

“Don’t you think you need to get something for your son for his birthday?” Youngjae asked.

Yong Guk stopped what he was doing and asked, “How did you know it’s his birthday?”

Youngjae laughed, “Daehyun asked Yoojin what she said to you so yup the both of us knew.”

“You guys didn't say anything to her did you?” Yong Guk asked. He had warned them previously not to tell anyone regarding his relationship with Yoon-eun as he didn't want to give Yoon-eun any pressure. If he's going to take a long time to win back Yoon-eun's heart, he was more than willing to do so.

Youngjae chuckled, “Don't be so anxious. Daehyun didn't tell her anything. If you are worrying about Yoojin, don't worry she's not that smart.”

Before Yong Guk could give any answer, he heard Daehyun on the other end hitting Youngjae and screaming at him for scolding his girlfriend.

Yong Guk laughed when he heard that. He really wondered when these two guys will grow up but maybe it's also because of their childish ways that made his days enjoyable.

“Seems like the two of you are having fun without me around,” Yong Guk said with jealousy.

Youngjae laughed out loud again, "Hey, go use that tone on your wife and not on us. Remember to go get a gift to bribe your secret weapon, bro. Hey, I got to hang up and have a battle with the idiot who is going to kill me soon. Take care and call back if you need any help.”

Yong Guk bid goodbye to Youngjae and hung up the phone.

After that as what Youngjae had suggested he went out to buy a gift for Jae Hwan. He didn’t know what to get for him but going by the number of dinosaurs and Ultra-man models at Yoon-eun’s place. He decided to buy a set of Ultra-man model for him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In the plane

Yong Guk smiled at the box again. He looked out of the plane window and enjoyed the view. He really can’t wait for the plane to land so that he can see the two people whom he missed the most.

Yong Guk checked his watch; another 15 minutes more and he will be seeing them. He leaned back in his seat and closed his eyes with a smile forming on his lips.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yoon-eun’s home, France

“Jae Hwan dear, can you please stop running around? Mummy’s getting a headache with you running all over the place,” Yoon-eun said while lying on the sofa with a hand on her forehead.

Jae Hwan stopped running and stood in front of his mummy. He placed his little hand over hers and said, “Mummy’s fine. Mummy is okay. Jae Hwan loves Mummy.”

Yoon-eun smiled at her son’s actions. Although the delivery process was tough but she was really glad that she had given birth to such a nice and caring child.

Every year around this time Yoon-eun would bring Jae Hwan to France to celebrate his birthday as well as to try her luck searching for Yong Guk. This year she wanted to give it a miss since she had already found Yong Guk but after what had happened a few days back she decided to continue with her yearly travel arrangements.

When Yoon-eun was lost in her thoughts, Jae Hwan suddenly got up and ran into the room. He returned shortly pulling a comforter behind him. He walked over to where Yoon-eun was resting and tried covering it over her.

Yoon-eun smiled when she saw what Jae Hwan was trying to do.

“Sweetie, what are you doing?” Yoon-eun asked and helped him to cover the comforter on herself.

“Helping Mummy to keep warm,” Jae Hwan said in his kiddy voice and pulled the comforter up to Yoon-eun’s neck.

Yoon-eun smiled and patted his head, she was glad that she had this child beside him. Hugging Jae Hwan close to her, Yoon-eun closed her eyes and decided to take a short nap.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport

After Yong Guk collected his luggage, he rushed out to the taxi stand.

As he stood at the stand, he took a deep breathe of the cold air and smiled to himself.

Paris, he’s finally here, in the place where he met his love and had his child. He silently wish in his heart that he would be able to win Yoon-eun back into his life in this country where he got the things he treasured the most.

When a taxi stopped in front of him, Yong Guk carried his luggage in and gave the address to the driver.

He leaned back on the seat and looked out at the passing sceneries.

In less than half an hour, he will be seeing them. Just the thought of it made him smile broader.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yong Guk had been standing on the pavement for the last 15 minutes looking up at the window of where he and Yoon-eun used to stay in six years ago.

Although he was excited and all on the plane as well as on the way to here but now standing in front of the building he was feeling nervous.

He doesn’t know if Yoon-eun will want to see him after that incident.

After another five minutes or so of standing in the cold wind, Yong Guk carried his luggage and walked up the flight of stairs to the fifth storey of the building.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

He stood outside the door for the next five minutes wondering if he should press the doorbell.

“If I don’t try, I’ll never know,” Yong Guk said to himself.

He took a couple of deep breathe, lifted his right hand and pressed the little white button on the wall.