Seeing Them

I Just Want to Love You

Yong Guk looked around the room and smiled to himself. It had been six years since he last stepped into this house but everything was still the same.

The sofa was where it was used to be, the television was still at its place, the carpet which they had laid near the balcony sliding door was still there. Everything, at least in the living room had not changed.

When Yong Guk was still smiling to himself, Jae Hwan stood in front of him and extended the glass of water in his hand to him.

“Daddy,” Jae Hwan called out softly with a smile on his face.

Yong Guk smiled back at him and took the glass of water from him. He sat the glass down on the coffee table and carried Jae Hwan up and sat the little boy down on his lap.

“You miss Daddy?” Yong Guk asked and pressed a kiss on the top of his head.

Jae Hwan nodded his head and said, “Daddy, are you here to celebrate my birthday with me?”

Yong Guk laughed and nodded his head. Jae Hwan cheered and hugged Yong Guk tightly.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yoon-eun stood behind the kitchen door and watched the father and son. She didn’t expect Yong Guk to appear at the doorstep of this house. Afterall it had been six years since he left.

In these six years, everyday she wished and prayed that one day when she opened the door Yong Guk would be standing at the door. However it never happened. Hence you can imagine how shocked she was when she opened the door and saw Yong Guk standing there.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

-Flashback-

Yoon-eun heard the doorbell rang so she got up from the sofa and carried the sleeping Jae Hwan in her arms to open the door.

She wanted to place Jae Hwan on the sofa first but he was clinging onto her tightly and she didn't want to wake him up so she decided to carry him.

When she pulled the door open she nearly got a shock to see who was standing at the doorstep.

“Hi,” Yong Guk said softly and smiled at her.

“Wh... What are you doing here?” Yoon-eun cleared and asked after she recovered from her not so little shock.

“I just wanted to visit you and celebrate our little boy’s birthday,” Yong Guk said and eyed Jae Hwan whom Yoon-eun was having difficulty carrying in her arms.

When Yoon-eun heard that she kept quiet, she didn't know how to respond. She just looked at Yong Guk and tried to keep Jae Hwan from falling out of her arms.

After nearly a minute of silence and looking at each other, Yong Guk sighed, dropped his luggage at Yoon-eun's doorstep and took Jae Hwan from her arms. Yoon-eun looked as Yong Guk made his way into the living room and placed Jae Hwan onto the sofa.

She took in his luggage from the door, shut the door quietly and followed Yong Guk to the living room. Just as he was about to ask Yong Guk again why he was there, Jae Hwan woke up.

“Daddy!” Jae Hwan shouted, jumped up onto the sofa and hugged Yong Guk tightly.

Yong Guk smiled at Jae Hwan's hug and hugged him back too.

Yoon-eun looked at the both of them and excused herself to go get a drink for Yong Guk. Jae Hwan followed her into the kitchen and volunteered to bring the water to Yong Guk.

- End of flashback –

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yoon-eun sighed and decided to go out. Afterall she can't hide from him forever.

“Mummy, Daddy says he is staying for my birthday!” Jae Hwan ran up to her and said when he saw her entering the living room.

Yoon-eun smiled at him and walked over to the sofa. She sat on the armchair instead of seating at the 3-seater with him and Jae Hwan jumped onto the seat next to Yong Guk and lay on his lap.

Yong Guk smiled at the little boy and brushed his hair. Yoon-eun was a little jealous when she saw that Jae Hwan chose to sat with Yong Guk instead of her.

“You haven't told me why you are here,” Yoon-eun said to Yong Guk.

Yong Guk looked at her and said, “Jae Hwan have told you the reason.”

“That's all?” she asked. Actually she was silently wishing that there might be something more besides just celebrating Jae Hwan's birthday.

Yong Guk laughed, “What else do you expect? I haven’t got the chance to celebrate my son’s birthday for the past three years, don’t I get the chance now?”

Yong Guk had wanted to tell her the truth for his appearance but after some considerations he decided to keep it a secret to see how much their relationship will progress in this trip.

Yoon-eun bit her lower lip and got up from the armchair.

“Where are you going?” Yong Guk asked anxiously when he saw her got up. He thought that she was offended by what he had just said.

“I'm going to clean up Jae Hwan's room so that you can sleep later,” Yoon-eun said and walked down the hallway

Yong Guk looked as Yoon-eun’s back got out of his view. He had noticed the slight disappointment on her face just now when he said he was just there to celebrate Jae Hwan's birthday.

He looked down at his little boy who was dozing off on his lap and smiled.

“Youngjae was right. I have a secret weapon which the other guys don’t have,” Yong Guk thought and continued Jae Hwan’s hair.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jae Hwan’s room

Yoon-eun walked into Jae Hwan's room and started picking up the things which Jae Hwan had left on the floor. When she walked over to the bed, then she realized that the bed was probably too small for Yong Guk. He's such a big man and the bed was so small since it was meant for children.

She was thinking what she should do when she heard Yong Guk's voice from behind her.

“Worry about my lodging later, let Jae Hwan sleep first.”

Yoon-eun turned around and saw that Yong Guk had carried Jae Hwan into the room. She pulled back the blanket and gestured for Yong Guk to place Jae Hwan in his bed.

Yong Guk walked over and placed Jae Hwan on his bed and placed a kiss on his forehead. Then he stepped back. Yoon-eun pulled the covers up for him and gave a light kiss on his cheeks.

“Sleep tight sweetie,” she said softly.

Yoon-eun smiled and took a step back. Yong Guk looked at Yoon-eun's actions and smiled. He could feel the motherly love Yoon-eun was emitting.

While he was still looking at Yoon-eun, Yoon-eun turned around and faced him. Seeing the silly smile on his face, Yoon-eun smiled too.

“Let's talk outside,” Yoon-eun placed a hand on Yong Guk's arm and said softly. After that, she walked out of the room.

Yong Guk looked at the spot where Yoon-eun had just placed her hand and the silly smile appeared on his face again.

He took another look at Jae Hwan before closing the door.

Hopefully this chat which he will be going to have with Yoon-eun will lead to something good and his trip to France will be fruitful.