I Miss You

I Just Want to Love You

Yoon-eun sat on the armchair and waited for Yong Guk to join her. She didn’t know what she wants to talk about with Yong Guk but she knew this talk was necessary.

Yoon-eun was still thinking about how to start a conversation with Yong Guk when he entered the living room.

“What do you want to talk to me about?” Yong Guk asked as he sat down on the 3-seater sofa.

Yoon-eun played with her fingers and thought about how she should start the conversation.

“Erm….” she scratched her head to think of a topic.

Yong Guk tried to hide his smile when he saw her action.

“Do you know if they are any hotels near by which I can stay in? I don’t want to stay too far away from Jae Hwan,” Yong Guk asked.

Yoon-eun looked up at Yong Guk immediately when she heard what he had said.

“You are not going to stay here?” Yoon-eun asked slowly and softly while looking at Yong Guk.

Yong Guk faced her and said, “Will you allow? This is the best for the both of us isn't it?”

Yong Guk turned away from her after he had finished. However, he still monitored Yoon-eun’s actions through the corner of his eye.

After Yoon-eun heard him say that, she looked down at her hands once again. She didn’t want Yong Guk to stay with her but when he heard the words from his mouth she can't help feeling down too.

“What will Jae Hwan say if you didn't stay here?” Yoon-eun asked Yong Guk softly.

So softly that Yong Guk thought he had imagined the question. He looked at Yoon-eun and saw that she was still playing with her hands. She often did that when she’s nervous or confused. Yong Guk sighed softly and walked over to her.

He knelt down in front of her and took her hand in his. Yoon-eun looked up when she saw Yong Guk held her hands.

“I know how to explain to Jae Hwan. I am more worried about his mother. If you don’t like me staying around then I won’t. I made a promise to myself to let you take your time in letting me get back into both of your lives. If my appearance will make you feel uncomfortable I’m willing to give you all the space that you need. Don’t get me wrong, of course I’ll miss the time I’ll get to spend with Jae Hwan but all I want to ask now is just to celebrate his birthday with him. I have missed three years and I hope I have the remaining years to make up for it.”

Yoon-eun’s eyes were teary after hearing Yong Guk’s speech. She knew how much he wanted them back into his life as well as him to be back into their lives. However, she really can’t forgive him this easily.

He was the one at fault and there’s no way she will let him come back with just a simple apology.

“You missed more than just his birthday in the last six years,” Yoon-eun said and wiped away the stray tear which was threatening to fall out of her eye.

Yong Guk sighed and her cheek, “I know. I missed your birthdays, I missed sharing my joy and sorrow with you , I missed carrying Jae Hwan for the first time, I missed Jae Hwan’s first crawl, I missed Jae Hwan’s first step, I missed Jae Hwan’s first word, I missed Jae Hwan’s first day of school, I missed so many things in both of your lives. However, most importantly I missed the both of you. I missed the joy of having the both of you around.”

Yong Guk caught the tears which had fallen down Yoon-eun’s cheeks and wiped them all away with his thumb.

“I didn’t mean to make you cry. I just….” Yoon-eun pressed a finger onto Yong Guk’s lips to stop him from continuing what he wanted to say.

Yoon-eun sniffed her nose and said, “You can stay here. Spend more time with Jae Hwan while you are here. I’m not so cruel to separate the both of you.”

Yong Guk was really excited after he heard what Yoon-eun had said; he hugged her and kept thanking her.

Yoon-eun smiled lightly. It had been a really long time since he hugged her and now that she’s in his embrace she really miss it.