Return

I Just Want to Love You

“Phew, finally the work here is settled,” Daehyun said as he threw himself on Yong Guk’s hotel bed.

The three guys had just finished attending the press conference and they had gotten back to Yong Guk’s room to discuss about what they were going to do next with the project in Busan.

Yong Guk threw his jacket beside Daehyun and made a move to the hotel phone.

“Who’s he calling?” Himchan asked as he sat on the chair.

Daehyun shrugged his shoulders and the two just watched as Yong Guk made the call.

“Hey Yoon-eun, are you and Yoojin awake yet?” Silence followed. “Okay, think the both of you can come over to my room for a while? We need to discuss about what we are going to do next,” Yong Guk finished.

“What did she say?” Daehyun asked after Yong Guk ended the call.

“They are coming over but give them another 10 minutes or so. Yoojin is still having a hangover from the booze yesterday,” Yong Guk said and walked over to the desk where his laptop was resting.

The guys didn’t have any conversation while waiting for the ladies. Yong Guk was in front of his laptop, Daehyun was resting on Yong Guk’s bed and Himchan was seating on the chair reading a file.

Ten minutes later, the doorbell rang. Yong Guk walked over to open the door and Daehyun sat up on the bed.

“Afternoon ladies,” Yong Guk greeted after he pulled the door open.

Yoojin gave a small laugh and Yoon-eun just smiled at Yong Guk. Yong Guk stepped aside and let them in. When Yoon-eun walked past him, Yong Guk could smell the shower foam she loved to use. He wanted to hug her but he knew she will push him away. He sighed and closed the door behind them.

Yoon-eun heard Yong Guk sighed even though he didn't make it very loud. She knew what he was thinking because she was sharing the same thought.

She longed to hug him too. However, she still doesn’t know how to face their problems.

Daehyun gave Yoojin a hug when she got near him. Yoojin was shocked but she hugged him back too.

When Yoon-eun saw this, she smiled.

“At least Yoojin found someone who truly loves her,” she thought

Yong Guk cleared his throat and the two broke apart.

“Take a seat, I need to brief all of you on what we are going to do next,” Yong Guk said.

Yoojin sat on the bed together with Daehyun while Yoon-eun moved to the chair beside Himchan and sat in it. Yong Guk sat on the chair which he had previously occupied.

“Since the problem in Busan is now settled, we will make our way back to Seoul. The travel arrangements will be as when we came. After we get back to Seoul, Daehyun will be keeping on eye on the project. He will let you guys know if there are any problems. Himchan, you will be the one in charge from the Finance side. Hence I guess you will be working closely with Daehyun on this. As for Yoon-eun and Yoojin, you will be a bit relaxed now. However, if any more news crop up I’m afraid you will have to get back to work,” Yong Guk said.

“So when will we be going back?” Himchan asked.

Yong Guk looked at his watch and said, “Will it be alright if we leave in two hours time?”

“Bro, can’t we leave tomorrow or something?” Daehyun asked.

Yong Guk shook his head, “Nope, but you can have the day off.”

“Does it make a difference?” Daehyun mumbled and Yoojin hit his thigh.

“I guess everyone can go and prepare now. We'll meet in the lobby in two hours time,” Yong Guk said and turned around to do his work on his laptop again.

Everyone got up and prepared to leave.

“Erm… Can I have a talk with you?” Yoon-eun asked shyly. Daehyun and Yoojin looked at her but they didn’t say anything.

The three of them walked out and the room was left with Yong Guk and Yoon-eun.

Yong Guk faced Yoon-eun and smiled at her, “If you can’t give me an answer yet, take your time. I won’t rush you. Afterall I waited for six years. Waiting for another couple of months won’t kill me.”

Yoon-eun smiled, “I wasn’t going to tell you this.”

Yong Guk opened his eyes wide and looked at her.

“I just wanted to thank you for yesterday. What were you thinking? Besides I don’t remember telling you that I’ll be telling you my answer soon,” Yoon-eun disturbed him.

“You know what? Sometimes you can be really annoying but I still love you,” Yong Guk laughed and said.

When Yoon-eun heard it, her smile disappeared.

“I got to go,” she said and walked out of Yong Guk’s room.

“Man, I ruined it again,” Yong Guk mumbled and got on to finish his stuff.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After they stepped out of Yong Guk’s room, Daehyun told Himchan to go to the café first as he had something to tell Yoojin.

After that, Daehyun dragged Yoojin to the room he shared with Himchan.

“Why are you dragging me here? I still have a lot of things to pack,” Yoojin complained.

Daehyun did not say anything. He walked over to her and gave her a hug. Yoojin was shocked by his actions.

“Are you alright?” Yoojin asked timidly and smothered Daehyun's back with her right hand.

Daehyun didn't say anything, he just continued hugging Yoojin. After some time he left go of her.

“Sorry about that,” Daehyun said shyly and looked down at their foot.

“Something’s wrong? You want to tell me about it? It’s not too healthy to suppress all your emotions to yourself,” Yoojin asked.

Daehyun looked at Yoojin intensely and Yoojin felt her cheeks getting hotter.

Yoojin used her hand and covered Daehyun’s eyes, “Stop looking at me!”

Daehyun chuckled and pulled down Yoojin’s hand.

“Sorry about yesterday, I shouldn’t have probed any further after you said how you and your ex broke up,” Daehyun apologized.

“It’s okay. I have gotten over it anyway,” Yoojin smiled and said.

Upon seeing her smile, Daehyun felt more at ease. He relaxed and realized that he was still holding Yoojin’s hand. He doesn’t know why but he knew he felt good. He looked at the hand which he was still holding and smiled.

Yoojin looked at what Daehyun was looking at and realized that he was holding her hand. She tried to pull her hand back but Daehyun held onto it tightly.

“Daehyun, let go of me. I’m going back,” Yoojin said softly.

Daehyun did not say anything. Instead he pulled her towards him and kissed her lips. Yoojin was shocked with Daehyun’s actions but soon she was enjoying the kiss.

Minutes later, they pulled apart and both were already breathing hard.

“Can… Can you be my girlfriend? I promise that I won’t treat you the way like your ex treated you. I won’t let you go through the same sadness he made you went through. I will make you the happiest woman on the earth and never to let you drop a single tear. I…” before Daehyun could continue making all his promises Yoojin pressed a finger on his lip.

“No more promises, just show me that you can do all those,” Yoojin said and smiled.

Daehyun smiled and hugged her tightly.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When Yoon-eun stepped out of Yong Guk's room, she saw Himchan standing outside her room.

“Hey, what are you doing here?” Yoon-eun asked as she got nearer to Himchan.

Hearing her voice, Himchan looked up and smiled at her.

“Daehyun said he needs to talk to Yoojin so I decided to wait here for you. What did you talk about with Mr. Bang?” Himchan asked.

Yoon-eun smiled at him and shook her head, “Nothing much. Just thanked him for helping me yesterday and also letting me and Yoojin have the day off.”

Himchan's smile broadened. Actually he was quite worried about what Yoon-eun would have to talk to Yong Guk about. However, now that he heard her answer he was reassured.

“Want to accompany me for a cup of coffee? I don't think they will be done any time soon,” Himchan said.

Yoon-eun looked at her watch and nodded her head. The two then headed for the café near their resort for some coffee.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

At the café

After they made their orders, the two leaned back on the chair to chit-chat.

“I remembered that you said before that you are not married, can tell me why?” Himchan asked out of the blue.

Yoon-eun was surprised at his question; she took a sip of her coffee which had just arrived.

“He left. Before Jae Hwan was born he already disappeared,” Yoon-eun said simply.

“He didn’t say anything?”

Yoon-eun shook her head and looked at her drink. She was debating whether to mention that Yong Guk was the one but she decided it would not be good to do so hence she kept quiet.

Himchan kept quiet too after seeing her reaction. He thought that he had said something wrong so he didn’t know how to continue the conversation. His initial plan was to find out why Yoon-eun was not married and think of a way to win Yoon-eun’s heart.

It’s still possible now but he doesn’t know how to put it.

“Maybe I shouldn’t worry so much and just express my feelings for her,” Himchan thought.

Himchan nodded his head at the thought he had.

“Yoon-eun,” he called out.

Yoon-eun looked at him with a curious look, “Yes?”

“Will… will you go out with me?” Himchan asked anxiously.

Yoon-eun laughed, “Are we not out now?”

“No, I mean will you be my girlfriend and go out on dates with me,” Himchan said once again.

Silence surrounded the both of them after Himchan's words. Yoon-eun did not say anything instead she kept stirring her cup of coffee. Himchan was sitting on the edge of his seat. He was anxious to know what Yoon-eun's answer will be.

“I'm sorry,” Yoon-eun said after a while.

Himchan took a deep breathe then chuckled, “I expected that answer after such a long silence. I knew I should have a plan before asking you the question.”

Yoon-eun looked at Himchan with an apologetic look on her face.

“Hey, I'm fine. It's not a big deal,” Himchan said.

“You sure?” Yoon-eun asked. She was still worried that Himchan will be sad with her response.

Himchan nodded his head, “If you want me to feel even better, can you do me a favour?”

Yoon-eun smiled and nodded her head.

“Promise me you will think about my question? I know it was too sudden but please do consider my request. I really like you,” Himchan kept his smile and said sincerely.

Yoon-eun looked at him. She really can't bear to see him so sad. He was afterall a nice guy and she was the one who rejected him.

Yoon-eun bit her lower lip and nodded her head. Seeing her response, Himchan smiled and drank his coffee.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After coffee, they went back to the resort to pack their belongings.

In this trip, they had a fruitful result for their work but in terms of relationship it seemed that there are still a lot of problems waiting to be resolved.