Grandpa

I Just Want to Love You

A/N: This chapter goes out to jmayo81! Sorry for being away for so long and thank you for taking the time to comment each time a chapter is out!

Writer's block is a b**** and I hope all of you enjoy this chapter! I'll be back as soon as I can!

 

 

Seoul, 37th Level, Chairman’s office

A loud ding was heard coming from the lift, Daehyun and Youngjae who were immersed with their work looked up and saw a woman with stylish short hair stepping out of the lift with a little boy by her side.

“Na-hee, why are you here? I thought you were supposed to be meeting up with your sister? By the way, who is this handsome little child that you have here?” Youngjae said and bent down to the child’s height.

The handsome child looked at Youngjae and smiled, extending out his small right hand he greeted, “Hi Uncle, my name is Jae Hwan and I am five years old this year.”

Youngjae smiled at the child and took the small hand in his, “Well, my name is Youngjae and you can call me Uncle Youngjae.” After introducing himself Youngjae stood up and gave Na-hee a short kiss on her lips.

“Can’t the two of you hold your passion until later? We have a child here for goodness sake,” Daehyun rolled his eyes at the couple and bent down to greet the child.

Jae Hwan laughed at what Daehyun had said and extended his hand to the friendly uncle in front of him. Daehyun smiled and took his little hand. “You find them mushy too don’t you?” Daehyun asked and carried the child up from the ground.

“It’s okay. My Mummy and Daddy are worse. Daddy will always find ways to kiss Mummy and Mummy will blush,” little Jae Hwan said. When Na-hee and Youngjae heard that, they burst out laughing. However Daehyun’s reaction was different.

“I can’t believe that such parents really exist. Is it a must for all couples to publicly display their affection for each other? Can’t they at least care about the feelings of the others around them? Well, forget it, I think you guys will never understand,” Daehyun said and carried little Jae Hwan away from the young couple.

“What’s wrong with him?” Na-hee softly asked her boyfriend who was beside her.

“No idea but I guess it got something to do with that secretary girlfriend of his,” Youngjae whispered into his darling’s ear. “You haven’t told me the reason why you are here at this time,” Youngjae continued and led his girlfriend to his desk.

“Mi-hee and I were supposed to get together but she received an emergency call from the office and had to return to work for a while,” Na-hee explained as she sat down on Youngjae’s chair.

“Who’s that child then?” Youngjae sat at the edge of his desk and asked as he pointed to Jae Hwan who was playing with Daehyun behind him.

“Mi-hee brought him along. She said that Jae Hwan is a child of her friend and she asked permission to let her spend a day with him. She left him under my care because she had to rush off to the company but she will be back later to fetch him,” Na-hee said and laid her head on the desk to look at Jae Hwan.

Youngjae smothered Na-hee’s hair and gently rubbed her head. He knew exactly what Na-hee was thinking about. He knew that the past still haunted her whenever she saw children. He looked over his shoulder at Daehyun and Jae Hwan who were happily playing and sighed.

In a voice so soft that only Na-hee can hear, Youngjae said, “Don’t think too much, things will work out for itself and I believe one day we can have a child of our own.” Na-hee looked up at Youngjae with tears welled up in her eyes, she smiled and laid her head on Youngjae’s lap. Youngjae bent down and dropped a light kiss on her hair.

For a few minutes, the 37th level became a playground with Daehyun chasing Jae Hwan all over the office. Na-hee and Youngjae simply kept quiet and watched as the two played.

For the second time that day, the lift dinged. Youngjae looked to see who was making an appearance at the office and to his surprise an old man with two of his bodyguard walked out. Youngjae jumped down from the desk and wanted to signal to Daehyun to stop playing but he was too late.

The little boy who was playing with Daehyun ran and knocked into the old man who had just exited from the lift. Youngjae covered his eyes with his hands when he saw this. As for Daehyun who was happily playing minutes before stood still and was shocked.

The moment seemed to freeze. Daehyun and Youngjae were stuck to the floor; the old man who was knocked into by Jae Hwan stood tall and looked at the little boy before him. Jae Hwan looked up at the man who he had knocked into with his big round eyes.

The only person in the room who was calm enough to walk over to the old man was Na-hee. She walked over and stood beside Jae Hwan. “Hi Uncle Bang, it had been a long time since I last saw you, how have you been?”

The old man looked at the young lady in front of him and smiled, “My my, it had been a long time, Na-hee. How have you been?”

“Great, Uncle, you seem so energetic nowadays. Have you been excising or is there some happy news that is making you happy?” Na-hee answered and went forward to hug the old man’s arm.

The old man laughed again and patted her hand, “The only thing that can make me happy now is to see my precious god-daughter. I haven’t even seen my son since I got here and it has been three weeks. Na-hee, you are not dieting like those girls out there, am I right?”

“Of course not, what makes you say that? When did I even become your god-daughter Uncle Bang? I wasn’t even aware of it,” Na-hee pouted her lips and said.

Mr. Bang pinched her cheeks and answered, “Since the day Youngjae brought you home I already treated you like my own daughter. Now my girl, you seem to have slimmed down a lot. If you have not been dieting then is it this nephew of mine who has been bullying you?” Mr. Bang eyed Youngjae after his words ended.

Youngjae walked over and stood in front of the man and his girlfriend, “Uncle, I wouldn’t dare and have the heart to bully her. Besides being your god-daughter, she’s also my precious girlfriend so how can I torture her?”

After finishing, he pulled Na-hee back by his side again. Although Mr. Bang was his uncle but he still doesn’t like the idea of her girlfriend being so close to other man beside him. When Mr. Bang saw this, he chuckled. Suddenly his glance stopped at a little boy who was standing beside Youngjae.

“Who’s this handsome little boy here?” Mr. Bang asked as he squatted down to the height of the boy. However before the little boy could answer him another ding was heard from the lift.

Before anyone could react, a couple walked out from the lift laughing. Daehyun who was quiet all this while got angry after seeing them. He walked up to the couple who was still making their way towards the office and grabbed the girl’s arm. Without giving her a chance to open , he pressed the lift to stop the doors of the lift from closing. Pulling the girl along with him into the lift, he hit the buttons and the doors of the lift closed.

When everyone was still in a daze as to what had just happened, a little boy’s voice woke everyone up.

“Uncle Himchan!” Jae Hwan’s voice broke the train of thoughts which the adults were having. The man who was called turn back and before he could see the face of the boy, the boy was already hugging his legs.

Himchan looked down at the boy and caressed his hair, “Hey Jae Hwan, what are you doing here? I thought Mi-hee noona brought you out for shopping?”

Jae Hwan looked up at Himchan but he still did not let go of Himchan’s legs. Himchan waited for an answer from Jae Hwan but all he got was a reply from a woman.

“Mi-hee got a call from the office and had to rush back for some emergencies but she said that she will be back soon to keep him company.”

Himchan looked up and saw the group in front of him. He immediately straightened up and gave all of them a smile. “I’m sorry for interrupting. I was going to look for Daehyun to discuss about the upcoming events for our Busan project but looks like he had more important things to be done.”

Youngjae laughed and walked over to Himchan, “I think you have made a waste trip then. I don’t think they will be back that soon.”

“That’s right, looking at the way he stomped out just now with the girl in tow it’s a bit difficult for him to come back that fast,” the girl added and walked over to the two men. “Song Na-hee,” she said and extended her hand towards Himchan.

Himchan took her hand and smiled at her, “Kim Himchan.”

“You know Jae Hwan too?” Na-hee asked as she ruffled Jae Hwan’s hair.

“Of course, I was the one who helped Mi-hee get the permission to bring him out for shopping,” Himchan beamed.

“Jae Hwan is your son? How come he addresses you as Uncle Himchan then?” Youngjae questioned.

Himchan laughed and shook his head, “Although I wish that he is my son but he isn’t. In fact Youngjae you know his mother too.”

Youngjae and Na-hee looked at each other questioningly, thinking who could be Jae Hwan’s mother. When they were deep in thoughts, Mr. Bang walked over to the three and squatted down to Jae Hwan’s height again.

“Jae Hwan right?” he asked. The little boy nodded his head and moved further away from him to hide behind Himchan. Mr. Bang laughed when he saw this, “Don’t be scared, come give me your hand. Let me bring you out to the playground.” He extended his hand to the little boy with a smile on his face. Jae Hwan hesitated for a moment then with a smile on his face he placed his little hand into Mr. Bang’s hand.

Mr. Bang held Jae Hwan’s hand and stood up. “I will leave you youngsters here to continue discussing about work,” Mr. Bang said. Then he turned to Himchan, “Himchan right?” Himchan nodded his head and Mr. Bang continued, “I hope you don’t mind that I bring Jae Hwan out for a walk. I’ll meet up with Na-hee and Mi-hee later for Mi-hee to bring him home.”

Himchan nodded his head and made way for Mr. Bang to exit. Before they boarded the lift, Jae Hwan gave the three adults a goodbye kiss and was soon chatting happily with Mr. Bang.

After the door closed, Youngjae asked Himchan, “You said that I know the mother of Jae Hwan. Who is she?”

“Oh, his mother is Park Yoon-eun,” Himchan said. Upon hearing this, Youngjae and Na-hee were shocked.

“You mean the Park Yoon-eun who is working in the company?” Youngjae asked and Himchan nodded his head. “The Communications Manager who is currently away in France for a holiday?” Na-hee continued asking in a careful tone and once again Himchan nodded his head.

Na-hee looked at Youngjae and Youngjae did the same. Both of them had the same question in their minds at that moment, was the Park Yoon-eun that they have in mind the same Park Yoon-eun who was also Yong Guk’s wife.

“There is only one Park Yoon-eun in the company right?” Youngjae asked.

“I suppose so. She is the only Yoon-eun that I have even known,” Himchan scratched his head as he answered Youngjae’s question.

“Pardon me for asking this, Yoon-eun only has one son?” Na-hee continued after Youngjae.

“Yup, her husband and her are constantly apart so there’s no way that they could have another child,” Himchan answered. Actually he wanted to say that Yoon-eun’s husband had left her and the child behind but he knew that it would not be good so he decided to keep mum about it.

“So this means Uncle Bang is Jae Hwan’s grandfather?” Na-hee asked Youngjae in a voice so soft that Himchan couldn’t hear what she was saying.