Jae Hwan’s Birthday

I Just Want to Love You

The three of them had a fun time in the kitchen. Although Yong Guk said it’s to teach Jae Hwan how to cook but in the end they ended up with more fun in the kitchen.

Jae Hwan volunteered to continue sieving the flour which he was doing just now. Yong Guk helped to beat the eggs and Yoon-eun prepared the ingredients that they needed. However Jae Hwan ended with flour on his face, hands and shirt. Of course he got flour on the table top as well.

When Yong Guk saw that he laughed really loud and Jae Hwan looked down at the ground again. Yoon-eun saw that and decided to do something to cheer her son up.

She took some flour from the bag and threw it at Yong Guk’s face. Then she laughed really loudly when she saw Yong Guk’s expression. His smiley face was now covered in flour and not only so, his clothes and pants were dirtied as well.

When Jae Hwan heard Yoon-eun’s laughter he looked up and saw his father’s face covered in flour. He laughed as loud as his mother did.

Yong Guk got angry when he heard them laugh at him, then he saw the bag of flour and he smiled to himself. He secretly moved towards the flour and took the bag in his hands. Then swiftly he moved towards the mother and child who were still laughing. He raised the bag and poured a fraction of it on Yoon-eun’s head.

Yoon-eun immediately stopped laughing when she felt the flour falling from her head. Jae Hwan laughed harder when he saw both his Mummy and Daddy covered in flour.

Yoon-eun looked at Yong Guk and Yong Guk smiled. He targeted the bag above Jae Hwan’s head and poured it down like what he did to Yoon-eun.

Yoon-eun laughed and Yong Guk gave an eye signal to Jae Hwan. The father and son took some flour and threw it on Yoon-eun.

Soon the family of three was engaged in a flour battle in the kitchen.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yoon-eun and Yong Guk’s bedroom

Yoon-eun smiled and took the towel from the back of her chair. She walked towards the bathroom and just as she was about to step in, her phone rang. She picked up her cell and sat down on the chair in front of the dressing table.

With a smile on her face she answered the call, “Hi Ji-hye!”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When Yong Guk walked into the bedroom all he heard was Yoon-eun screaming, “You can’t be serious! Moon Ji-hye!”

In frustration, Yoon-eun banged the phone on her dressing table and used her hands to cover her eyes.

“What’s wrong?” Yong Guk asked and massaged her shoulders from the back.

When he didn’t get a reply he bent down beside her and took her hands, “What’s wrong? I thought you said you were getting a shower?”

Yoon-eun looked at him, “I was going to but Ji-hye called.”

“Something happened to her?” Yong Guk asked in concern.

Yoon-eun shook her head, “She wants Jae Hwan to go back tomorrow so she can celebrate his birthday with him.”

“You can’t bear to let him travel alone? We can go back with him,” Yong Guk said.

“She got someone to come and get Jae Hwan. She wants me to stay here and find you without having to worry about Jae Hwan,” Yoon-eun said.

“I don’t understand. What do you mean by stay here and find me?” Yong Guk asked his query.

Yoon-eun took a deep breath and started explaining to Yong Guk, “I come to France every year to celebrate Jae Hwan’s birthday and also to look for you. Ji-hye know about this but when I come this time round I didn’t tell her that actually I had found you back in Seoul. So she thought she will be doing me a favour by helping me take care of Jae Hwan.”

Yong Guk nodded his head as he listened to Yoon-eun’s explanation, “Why did you get so angry then?”

Yoon-eun sighed and shook her head, “It’s alright.”

“Tell me when you need someone to talk to?” Yong Guk asked gently.

Yoon-eun nodded her head and smiled at him, “I’ll go take a shower first. Go and make sure Jae Hwan doesn’t make a mess in the kitchen again.”

She got up and headed for the bathroom.

Yong Guk smiled at the closed door and as told, he went to look for Jae Hwan to see how he was doing.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

For the rest of the day, the family prepared the things which they needed for that night’s dinner so that it will be a memorable birthday for Jae Hwan.

“Yoon-eun, do you think Jae Hwan will like the present I bought for him?” Yong Guk asked nervously.

The two were in the room now changing their attire for the dinner. Jae Hwan too had gone back to his room to change into the new shirt Ji-hye had bought and given to him before they came to France.

“Don’t worry, he will definitely like it. Moreover it will be the first present he is going to receive from his father,” Yoon-eun comforted him.

“Are you sure?” Yong Guk asked once again.

Yoon-eun sighed and walked up to him. She helped him to straighten his tie and adjusted the collar, “I’m very sure. Don’t give yourself too much pressure.”

Yong Guk forced a smile on his face. When Yoon-eun helped him to adjust his tie, he had already forgotten about his worries about Jae Hwan not liking his present, all he wanted was to give Yoon-eun a kiss on her moving lips.

When Yoon-eun saw the heated gaze from Yong Guk’s eyes she tried to walk away but Yong Guk was too fast.

He saw her intentions and grabbed her wrist. Without waiting he crashed his lips onto hers.

Yoon-eun was shocked and wanted to push away but she knew how much she missed his kisses especially since the one they had shared in his car nearly a week ago.

The two continued their kiss until they heard a childish giggle. They broke apart and looked towards the source.

When Yoon-eun saw Jae Hwan standing at the door smiling and trying to hide the smile, her face became bright red. She hid her face into Yong Guk’s chest.

“Anything we can do for you our baby?” Yong Guk smiled at Jae Hwan and said.

“I’m hungry but I want kisses too,” Jae Hwan said.

Yong Guk laughed loudly and motioned for Jae Hwan to come into the room.

Jae Hwan walked over and stood beside them.

Yong Guk gently pushed Yoon-eun away then he bent down and carried Jae Hwan in his arms. He landed a kiss on Jae Hwan’s cheek and brought Yoon-eun who was still standing close to him for a hug.

Yong Guk enjoyed the warmth that they were sharing; he smiled and placed a light kiss on the top of Yoon-eun’s head.

Yoon-eun smiled when Yong Guk hugged her. She loved this family hug very much. In fact she had been hoping for a long time that they can share such a hug.

“Mummy, I’m hungry,” Jae Hwan said.

Yoon-eun smiled and pinched his nose, “Let’s have dinner then.”

Jae Hwan cheered and both Yong Guk and Yoon-eun laughed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

That night they had a great family dinner. They enjoyed their food as well as the family moments they had.

After dinner, Yong Guk brought out the birthday cake which they had baked in the afternoon and they sang birthday song for Jae Hwan.

That night they finally had their family photo taken. They took more than one and on all the photos all of them had a happy smile on their face.

After eating the cake, Jae Hwan opened up the presents that Yong Guk and Yoon-eun had bought for him. He gave each of them a hug and a kiss on the cheeks after he saw what they had given to him.

Soon it was time for bed. After Jae Hwan had changed into his pajamas, Yong Guk and Yoon-eun tucked him to bed.

They gently closed the door of Jae Hwan’s room after he had fallen asleep. Yong Guk walked past their bedroom and Yoon-eun stopped him.

“Where are you going?”

“I’ll go sleep in the living room,” Yong Guk turned around and said with a smile on his face.

Before Yong Guk could make his way to the living room, Yoon-eun stopped him again.

“You can sleep in the bedroom.”

Yong Guk turned around immediately when he heard that.

“Are you sure?” he asked with his eyes wide open.

Yoon-eun did not answer him; instead she opened the door to the bedroom and walked in. The only clue she left for him was the opened door.

Yong Guk smiled and pumped his fist into the air in silence. He almost ran into the bedroom so that Yoon-eun could not change her mind.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In their bedroom

“Are you sure that you are alright with it?” Yong Guk asked one more time before they switched off the lights to go to bed.

Yoon-eun sighed, turned her back to Yong Guk and closed her eyes, “I’m very sure but if I hear you asking one more time you can just go sleep in the living room.”

Yong Guk immediately lay down on the bed and switched off the lights.

He turned his head to look at Yoon-eun’s back and smiled. Slowly he felt sleepy and his eyes closed with a smile still on his face.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The little figure silently closed the door of the bedroom and smiled.

Finally he will be able to live with his parents.

He went back to his room and slept peacefully.